Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    If Val can stretch out beyond the arc, he's basically going to have Cousins skill set without the crazy.
    Yeah you are talking about a dangerous, dangerous player.

Did you see that fake into the turnaround J last game? That looked like some Aldridge stuff right there.

Barolt wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately, probably without the usage, too.
    I don't think we want JV at over 35% usage though. Would prefer low mid 20s like Pau Gasol in his prime.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post

Did you see that fake into the turnaround J last game? That looked like some Aldridge stuff right there.

I don't think we want JV at over 35% usage though. Would prefer low mid 20s like Pau Gasol in his prime.
      I'd prefer around 25%, plus off ball movement when he is posting up and not everyone standing around like a statue.

Comment

• We're gonna get JV ISOs at the top of the key to end quarters next year
        OG is our king

Comment

You know Pau has been over 26% usage 4 times in his career, right? Before even accounting for playmaking usage.

I'm not saying I want JV at 35% usage, but 25-30% would be nice. With a minutes raise to 30-35 MPG, so another 5-8 shots per game.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• It's funny that the DD vs JV stuff you guys are all talking about now is exactly what I talked about in the Cheapskate thread months ago and got flamed hard about it.

You guys really need to work on your ability to think in the abstract

Comment

Would be nice to see 36.8 minutes per game for JV instead of 26.8. This is why I don't really care about bringing back Bismack, force Casey to play JV a lot.
              I wouldn't want him to play 37 mins per game. 30-33 mins is good.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                You know Pau has been over 26% usage 4 times in his career, right? Before even accounting for playmaking usage.

I'm not saying I want JV at 35% usage, but 25-30% would be nice. With a minutes raise to 30-35 MPG, so another 5-8 shots per game.
                I know I said Pau in his prime though, his best statistical years were actually his first few years in LA in his late 20s/early 30s where he was over .200 ws/48 and he had around 22% usage averaging a hair under 20 and 10. I think that's the kind of guy JV can be for us. Not sure about forcefeeding him 18 shots a game, but 13-15 sounds good with how good he is at drawing fouls.

Comment

I know I said Pau in his prime though, his best statistical years were actually his first few years in LA in his late 20s/early 30s where he was over .200 ws/48 and he had around 22% usage averaging a hair under 20 and 10. I think that's the kind of guy JV can be for us. Not sure about forcefeeding him 18 shots a game, but 13-15 sounds good with how good he is at drawing fouls.
                  The difference is that Pau was playing alongside Kobe, who was a perennial top MVP candidate and one of the best scorers of all-time at that point. Pau wasn't that team's best option. JV is probably ours going forward.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JV has a potential to be 25-10-5 player but Raps wont let him
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        JV has a potential to be 25-10-5 player but Raps wont let him
                        Tim Duncan never even put up those numbers.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          It's funny that the DD vs JV stuff you guys are all talking about now is exactly what I talked about in the Cheapskate thread months ago and got flamed hard about it.

You guys really need to work on your ability to think in the abstract
                          I still think it's an almost moot discussion because I'd say the odds of DD not returning are <10%.

I mean I and others were saying we should rebuild around JV from the day Masai was brought on board, but Masai has shown again and again that he is committed to continuity. So it's mostly just wasted breath. DeMar will be back, Casey will be back, Val will be on the outside looking in, waving his hands in the air as always.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            If Val can stretch out beyond the arc, he's basically going to have Cousins skill set without the crazy.
                            But we're supposed to trade most of our assets including JV for Cousins beause it's not even close. /pink

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

we have something special in JV
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

An exaggeration but more like he could be a threat for that on any given night. Averages would probably lower....except maybe boards.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X