No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need to tailor the offense entirely around JV though, why not offense by committee with several different points of attack?

I kind of thought our whole issue is that our offense isn't diversified enough so when Lowry or DD or both have a bad game we're screwed. Focusing everything on JV doesn't really fix that. However giving each guy around 20 shots per 100 possessions (like the Pistons in 2004 with Sheed, Billups and Rip) would give us a more varied attack that could sustain 1 or even 2 guys having a bad night.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      JV has a potential to be 25-10-5 player but Raps wont let him
      You're reaching here. I can see him average 20 on some nice efficiency though.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        Why do we need to tailor the offense entirely around JV though, why not offense by committee with several different points of attack?

I kind of thought our whole issue is that our offense isn't diversified enough so when Lowry or DD or both have a bad game we're screwed. Focusing everything on JV doesn't really fix that. However giving each guy around 20 shots per 100 possessions (like the Pistons in 2004 with Sheed, Billups and Rip) would give us a more varied attack that could sustain 1 or even 2 guys having a bad night.
        This is a great idea in theory, but after four years this would have evolved naturally if it was going to happen. I love Kyle and DeMar but there is an established pecking order on this team that won't be shaken up if Casey and DeMar are brought back.

You literally have to remove one of the latter two if you are going to change this team's play style.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          This is a great idea in theory, but after four years this would have evolved naturally if it was going to happen. I love Kyle and DeMar but there is an established pecking order on this team that won't be shaken up if Casey and DeMar are brought back.

You literally have to remove one of the latter two if you are going to change this team's play style.
          I'm hoping the likely scenario is that if both are brought back, bot staying will be contingent specifically on seeing such a change in play style. If not, one or both gone by Christmas.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• hey so who else is pumped that we're getting an 8M/year discount on JV? He'd absolutely get a max offer this summer if he weren't locked up.

Comment

Why do we need to tailor the offense entirely around JV though, why not offense by committee with several different points of attack?

Thank you for this post.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                You're reaching here. I can see him average 20 on some nice efficiency though.
                I think that if used properly JV is able to be a 18+ point, 10-12 rebound guy with positive defensive impact for a very long time in this league.

We don't need to force it to him every play... unless it is working. But we need to get him more integral in our offence.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  I think that if used properly JV is able to be a 18+ point, 10-12 rebound guy with positive defensive impact for a very long time in this league.

We don't need to force it to him every play... unless it is working. But we need to get him more integral in our offence.
                  if jv continues to improve defensively and as a passer these numbers are great. he sets good screens and tips many a rebound to teammates.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    so he was producing the equivalent of finals dwight with almost identical usage

doesnt really make sense to me since since the magic ran everything threw dwight, while jv was the third option.

interesting none the less
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Pistons in 2004 had their usages range from 15% (Wallace) to 26% (Hamilton), not much different than the Raps right now.

You're never going to get a 5*20 balance.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Pistons in 2004 had their usages range from 15% (Wallace) to 26% (Hamilton), not much different than the Raps right now.

You're never going to get a 5*20 balance.
                        Huh? I didn't say anything about a 5*20 balance, that's basically impossible. I just talked about Sheed, Billups and Rip who were at 23-24-26 respectively in usage the year they won. And 23-20-23 in shots per 100 possessions.

Comment

• Was going to ask if JV was a sure thing to play with Lithuania this summer but then remembered they'd already qualified for Rio. At least they don't have to play a qualifier.

Comment

• 25-10-5
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              so he was producing the equivalent of finals dwight with almost identical usage

doesnt really make sense to me since since the magic ran everything threw dwight, while jv was the third option.

interesting none the less
                              The difference is offensive rebounding. Before he went down, JV was beasting at a level that makes even peak Dwight look ordinary. So basically, JV was creating his own offense from OREBs and putbacks, with Lowry/DD's early round brickfest giving him ample opportunities.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                The difference is offensive rebounding. Before he went down, JV was beasting at a level that makes even peak Dwight look ordinary. So basically, JV was creating his own offense from OREBs and putbacks, with Lowry/DD's early round brickfest giving him ample opportunities.
                                Hockey assists you mean. Lowry and demars hockey assists

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X