Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Why? Gives him more variety on offense. If the center he can't post up appears he can take him outside. If opposing team tries to take jumper away by going small he'll post them up. Thats what you call torture chamber
    Who does JV have trouble posting up? He has his best games against other physical, big, interior bigs. He's much more comfortable battling size in the paint than scrambling around the floor. That's been clear on the defensive end for years, are we sure it's a great idea for the offensive end?

I'm not against him stepping out and shooting some three's if he can, obviously, just not sure how extreme of a shift we're talking about here.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JV having a more versatile game and being able to hurt teams inside or outside, will only mean more opportunities for him to shoot the ball and get involved in the offense. I don't see why anyone would be against that. I actually like that Casey mentioned that because to me it seems like he wants JV being more involved on offense next year.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I don't know.

The way I see it is, if used right, it's just an asset that the defense has to respect, not necessarily one that you have to use.
        This. There's nothing wrong with adding more weapons to your arsenal as long as you don't fall in love with it.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Who does JV have trouble posting up? He has his best games against other physical, big, interior bigs. He's much more comfortable battling size in the paint than scrambling around the floor. That's been clear on the defensive end for years, are we sure it's a great idea for the offensive end?

I'm not against him stepping out and shooting some three's if he can, obviously, just not sure how extreme of a shift we're talking about here.
          Well that all can change in a future. Team will start to gameplan for him and try to take post ups away. Legit Centre with a jumper is the hardest player to check.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I don't know.

The way I see it is, if used right, it's just an asset that the defense has to respect, not necessarily one that you have to use.
            Just as long as he doesn't become Channing Frye, setting up outside just so Casey's boy-wonder guards can drive all day and take 25 shots each. Even Kevin Love's offense is underutilized in Cleveland.

That's the basic concern, I guess. Are we talking about JV stretching out the floor to help KL and DD score? Because the offensive shift I want to see is giving JV the ball more and asking for less from those two guys. JV's offense is better.

Comment

• With reliable jumper teams will not be able to trap or ice the pick and roll against us.

Comment

With reliable jumper teams will not be able to trap or ice the pick and roll against us.
                Man I'm just thinking how scary the DeMar JV pick and roll could be next year if DeMar somehow comes back with a reliable three and JV gets more confidence in his jumper, would be nearly impossible to guard.

Comment

• What do you do as opposing team. Drop back and give up a jumper on pick and roll? Lets say JV hits that. Then defense needs to come up and give up the roll. JV is a beast roll man. Then team needs to get somebody with quickness who will be able to recover, usually by going smaller. Thats JV bbq chicken down in a low post.

Comment

What do you do as opposing team. Drop back and give up a jumper on pick and roll? Lets say JV hits that. Then defense needs to come up and give up the roll. JV is a beast roll man. Then team needs to get somebody with quickness who will be able to recover, usually by going smaller. Thats JV bbq chicken down in a low post.
                    They'll play the %s and live with the jumpers if they can force that. And then we'll need some cut plays for when they start sending an extra defender to contest the shot so JV can hit them for some layups.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      They'll play the %s and live with the jumpers if they can force that. And then we'll need some cut plays for when they start sending an extra defender to contest the shot so JV can hit them for some layups.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Yeah JVs assist should rise as well. Hes a willing passer.

Comment

• really excited to hear that JV, Ujiri, Casey and his team mates all think JV is ready to take that next big step
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          really excited to hear that JV, Ujiri, Casey and his team mates all think JV is ready to take that next big step
                          who told ya that

Comment

• Talking about JV becoming a 3 point shooter and JV hitting his 15 foot jump shots more consistently and decisively are two pretty different things...

I'd advocate for the idea that if you've got a big man with the ability to dominate a team and change a game on the interior (flashback to Indy and Heat series), you're doing the other team a favour by pulling him out to the perimeter too often. Once in a while to mix things up, sure. I wouldn't do it regularly, though.

Having a guy like Chris Bosh step out to the 3 point line makes some sense (and he often did that playing next to a pf/c with little range, like Haslem or Birdman), asking guys who can dominate inside, like Boogie, makes a bit less sense. JV's more Boogie than Bosh.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              who told ya that
                              the press conference
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Having a guy like Chris Bosh step out to the 3 point line makes some sense (and he often did that playing next to a pf/c with little range, like Haslem or Birdman), asking guys who can dominate inside, like Boogie, makes a bit less sense. JV's more Boogie than Bosh.
                                I don't think you need to turn it into his main weapon but if he could hit 35% on 2 a game, you start to pull the other teams best rim protector out of the paint and if they switch out to someone smaller you flip the play and have JV drop into the post on him

Comment

Working...
                                X