Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    So, the Raps are the front-runners to land Pau, who can do what JV does for the next 2 years. And we just drafted JP, who can do what JV does 2 years from now. And neither Pau, nor JP are an obvious fit defensively with JV in the modern NBA.

Hmmm......
    lol.

there's no guarantees on Poeltl.

You're not getting back value on trading JV right now.

Trading this guy because you signed Gasol and are banking on a totally unproven rookie is Sacramento-levels of stupid.

Comment

So, the Raps are the front-runners to land Pau, who can do what JV does for the next 2 years. And we just drafted JP, who can do what JV does 2 years from now. And neither Pau, nor JP are an obvious fit defensively with JV in the modern NBA.

Hmmm......
      Or the Raptors had no starting PF and just lost their backup C.

Pau looks like the biggest "win now" move available to the Raptors at a forward position, atm. Maybe Masai thinks it's worth pushing a bit for Lowry's last year under contract.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        lol.

there's no guarantees on Poeltl.

You're not getting back value on trading JV right now.

Trading this guy because you signed Gasol and are banking on a totally unproven rookie is Sacramento-levels of stupid.
        Sure, but you'd still have 2 years to wait-and-see how it all shakes out. The potential stupid part would be if getting Pau backfired and then finding out that you have 3 guys (@ $40M+) who play the same position in a similar way and can't necessarily play with each other on defense or be utilized fully in this system on offense. Not to mention being exploited by certain teams & match-ups in the playoffs.

Comment

Hmmm......
          Or the Raptors want(ed) to upgrade their Starting 4 and drafted based on BPA rather than position.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Gasol would play 4. He and JV would be pretty solid.

Comment

• Pic from twitter

16 PTS, 9 REB in 15 minutes... seemslike his ankle is just fine
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• JV is averaging 1 point per minute over 2 games in these preparations. I think it's save to say he'll average 20+ points and 12+ boards in the olympic tournament for lithuania. Might even have a chance at MVP if lithuania gets to the final...

Comment

• yeah i mean with a month off of rest before joining the national team his ankle is most definitely fine.

Comment

• Knicks' rookie is outplaying JV.

Jonas looks slow af

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Knicks' rookie is outplaying JV.

Jonas looks slow af

Shoulda went with biyombo /drink the pink font
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jonas played well in the 2nd. 16 PTS, 10 REB, 2 steals, 2 blocks in win against Spain. Still embarrassing that he got manhandled by Knicks' 2nd rounder. Jonas should know better.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jul 18, 2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Jonas played well in the 2nd. 16 PTS, 10 REB, 2 steals, 2 blocks in win against Spain. Still embarrassing that he got manhandled by Knicks' 2nd rounder. Jonas should know better.
                          I'm chalking it up to being July and jv almost assuredly crushed a 24 case last night
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'm chalking it up to being July and jv almost assuredly crushed a 24 case last night
                            He very well could have. This game was completely meaningless.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JV is not going to play in any meaningful games till second half of April 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                JV is not going to play in any meaningful games till second half of April 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Olympics though

Comment

Working...
                                X