Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    After Casey, now it is Lit Coach who is getting blasted for not using JV Maybe there is a problem with JV, his positioning, his handling of the passes , his timing and ... Just maybe
    I feel bad for JV. The two coaches in his life for some strange reason are holding him back.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yup, I'm totally sure that the coach is designing all sorts of action to get him going in the post, and JV just doesn't feel like participating.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Not sure what y'all watching, but Lithuania's coach is a winner.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Not sure what y'all watching, but Lithuania's coach is a winner.
          He's not using his best player, it's as simple as that.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            So how would you explain horns rocket set-play which Lithuania ran at least 10 times yesterday?

Comment

So how would you explain horns rocket set-play which Lithuania ran at least 10 times yesterday?
              They look off of him all the time, and he had 15 shots through 3 games. He isn't being used.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                That play was hilarious
                "LETS NBA" is back lmao

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  They look off of him all the time, and he had 15 shots through 3 games. He isn't being used.
                  You can really see that Lithuania is running more d spring and such plays, cuz these plays are really working for them. They don't want to ride & die with Jonas.. just now. I guess? Fun thing though, he was used kinda heavily in most Lithuania's friendlies, and honestly he looked like a confident, dominant player even when doubled.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 12, 2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• The sky's always falling with you guys.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      The sky's always falling with you guys.

Comment

You can really see that Lithuania is running more d spring and such plays, cuz these plays are really working for them. They don't want to ride & die with Jonas.. just now. I guess? Fun thing though, he was used kinda heavily in most Lithuania's friendlies, and honestly he looked like a confident, dominant player even when doubled.
                        I have been wondering if Coach has been playing a little rope-a-dope in the round robin, and will ride JV more in the medal rounds.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I have been wondering if Coach has been playing a little rope-a-dope in the round robin, and will ride JV more in the medal rounds.

They need inside presence against teams like Australia, USA, Spain, Serbia. It's gonna get harder and harder to get those open 3s in final rounds.

Comment

They need inside presence against teams like Australia, USA, Spain, Serbia. It's gonna get harder and harder to get those open 3s in final rounds.
                            I think he will show up in those games due to better perimeter defence. I've noticed a lot of times where jv has excellent offensive rebounding position, and guys continue to make shots that were thrown up as potential Kobe assists.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              The policy is actually 'design an offence that will make little Sabonis thrive, so that big Sabonis hires me back'.
                              This coach doesn't give a fuck, he has balls and does what he wants. Do you think they get paid for this job? No they don't (or just symbolic price, compared to contracts they get in NBA or Euroleague (JV isn't getting paid too)). Actually big Sabonis was asking the coach 4 years ago to sign and coach agreed probably as a return of favor. Because some time ago, when Sabonis was close to retiring, coach asked him to play "we (country) need you". And now as the coach was retired from national team, Sabonis asked the same "we need you". He agreed to train Olympic cycle, which ends after these Olympics. You can't imagine the pressure you get in Lithuania, being head coach of national basketball team. Remember why Phil Jackson didn't return coaching? Multiplicate the pressure ten times now.
                              Whatever, there was some extra information to those who's interested, but the point is, if little Sabonis is getting playing time or whatever, it is because it's better for a team.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              You are right. The most important game is 1/4, because you're either in semifinals or you are out. And team is winning so far, so no point to push it out.

Maury wrote: View Post
                              JV is playing? So he uses him. Team is winning as well. JV is doing well despite not scoring much. And he's not a scorer. Don't expect him to be who he's not. I mean he is very good player, but he is not dominant offensive player. There will be some games where he'll score a lot. But in general he will gather points from offensive rebounds, free throws and stuff like that. Forcing him the ball, just increases turnovers, that was proved in NBA and FIBA many times. He is very good player and does a lot of unnoticeable job, just don't expect too much points from him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Or not and trolls gotta troll.
                                Or maybe...

Seems when he's bad its the coach, and when he's good, its all him.

I think he gets a bit too much rope here.

Comment

Working...
                                X