No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think he's tired, I think it's a classic case of 'if you want big man to play hard, get him the ball'. Especially so considering he's the best player on the team, and it isn't even close.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Don't you think he looks kinda tired?

Even though the LIT offense is heavily (i.e. completely) perimeter oriented, I hope JV isn't giving his national team the "I'm the NBA star around here" type of attitude. Not saying that's the case, but if it is, that's not going to end well.

Comment

• JV stats in FIBA tournaments:

2014 FIBA WC: 15PTS(69%)/8.4 REB in 24MPG
        EuroBasket 2015: 16 PTS(59%)/8.5 REB in 27MPG

Valanciunas in friendlies this year: 14PTS(63%)/8REB in 21MPG
        2016 Olympics: 5.5 points per game(38%), 7 REB in 22MPG

Nothing really has changed. Still same coaching style, same plays.

Comment

• True JV didn't play well,but to be fair in the last 3 games JV not only was ignored by his teammates,but he was hacked, pushed hard by opposing teams that played him too physical while not getting the benefit of foul calls from reffs(it didn't help he was running into a crowded paint area),which i'm not trying to make an excuse for him but those factors COULD be psychologically (and physically) draining for many players.
          Last edited by Deino; Sat Aug 13, 2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Feed. Your talented big. The ball. It's a tale as old as time.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• That game is a disgrace to all Lithuanian basketball. JV has been miserable in the tournament so far. In a game against Argentina, Domantas Sabonis played at 5 instead of Jonas in the 4th quarter because he was better on defensive rotations. Same old story with JV. Gasol made all of his 5 threes against JV, because, fucking hell, he never gets back to his guy. He's too slow both physically and mentally. I'm starting to understand why so many Raptors fans dislike him. Really disappointed to see Jonas play like this, he's the star of this team.

FYI, JV and Lithuania will play against Croatia on Monday. If Lithuania wins, they end up no. 1 in their group and play Serbia, if they loose, they end up no. 3 and play Australia in the quarter finals.
              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Feed. Your talented big. The ball. It's a tale as old as time.
                Well he isn't going to get much touches on the Raptors as usual, so if this is how he's gonna play because he didn't get touches we're screwed.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The difference is, other than Sabonis none of these players can even sniff the NBA. We've seen Jonas be ignored continuously in the NBA; clearly he's ok with it lol.

If Jasikevicius was playing, we wouldn't be seeing this.
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Jonas doesn't get any touches.

Watch the game and figure out why.

It's pretty obvious. He's struggling with something and it's not because he's getting ignored. He looks like Bargnani out there! Do you know how many times Pau had an open 3 cuz of Jonas? Did you see that timeout in 3rd quarter when Pau hit three 3s in a row? Lithuania coach didn't even speak with Jonas(and he didn't even listen to coach I believe as he put a towel over his head and sat at the back of the bench.) LIT's PG was screaming at JV something about Scola too.

Everything was fine till he came to Rio. Just saying.

Comment

• If Jonas played like this for the Raptors, he'd never get more than 20MPG here!

Comment

• But there's no if, because he never has. Not even close.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          But there's no if, because he never has. Not even close.

Comment

• Jonas needs a haircut. Problem solved.

Playoffs:

Olympics:

Comment

• Say what you will about Jonas, but he's never been a player to shrink from big games or pressure situations. This goes back to when he was a teenager. What we're seeing is completely atypical.
                              Last edited by JimiCliff; Sun Aug 14, 2016, 07:58 AM.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Say what you will about Jonas, but he's never been a player to shrink from big games or pressure situations. This goes back to when he was a teenager. What we're saying is completely atypical.
                                No question, that's in his blood cuz of Lithuania. I always said that Jonas is our best biggest game performer. He proved it this year in the playoffs.
                                Last edited by rocwell; Sun Aug 14, 2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X