Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    It's interesting how DeMar's stats are largely awful from the Olympics, and met with cries of 'small sample size!', but JV's bad stats are a sign of a clear mental problem somehow.

If they're both small sample sizes(they are), in which case they need to be taken in context of the players' larger portfolio of play, which would indicate that JV is a more effective offensive player than he showed at the Olympics, and DeMar's porous defensive performance is perfectly indicative of the player he was in the NBA this year.
    Is demar your evil stepdad or something

why do you try to make every thread about him. This is the JV thread, where we discuss JV, and how poor he played. If youd like to rag on derozan, please do so in the derozan thread. Wheere you can do so by not pitting one another against eachother. Again. like you continualy do. over and over again
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      How are there not more up and coming guards coming out of LTH?
      Well the country is about the size of a mid-size city in population so they can only produce so many highly talented guys at any position. That's why they've always relied on being one of the most solid programs in teaching individual and team fundamentals. This Olympics looked like a major failure for the latter.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Have you seen any changes from the Euros team though? Nothing has really changed. Same plays. Same defensive strategy. Although their PG needs to learn how to calm the game. They played far too many stretches without setplays.
        Which is extremely uncharacteristic for their team. So yes, it's a big change for them. They are frequently among the, if not the, most organized looking Euro team. To have as many possessions that break down into poorly improvised play....that's the antithesis of how I've seen that team play in the past, regardless of whether there's more talent down low or on the perimeter.

It was a shit tourney for JV, but yeah, there were very obvious issues with what the team was doing. It was horrendous basketball.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          How are there not more up and coming guards coming out of LTH?
          Good question. Just a weak generation maybe. There is this guy growing up, might be very good, currently with Barcelona, but he's still just 16:
          http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Velicka-91105/

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Is demar your evil stepdad or something

why do you try to make every thread about him. This is the JV thread, where we discuss JV, and how poor he played. If youd like to rag on derozan, please do so in the derozan thread. Wheere you can do so by not pitting one another against eachother. Again. like you continualy do. over and over again
            Agreed
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Everyone on lithuania looked like fucking shit.

Comment

• The whole team was a mess, they were disorganized and sometimes the 4 guys on the floor looked genuinely confused while the ball handler was running around trying to get a desperation heave off. It was as bad as our offence when it stalls out, only our guards can at least get something done sometimes, and the Lithuanian guards are flustered.

Also, why do you guys have to make this about Demar? He is also in a situation where the team basketball is in shambles and when he's on the floor he's watching guys like KD and Melo launch. Leave this thread for Valanciunas.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  It's interesting how DeMar's stats are largely awful from the Olympics, and met with cries of 'small sample size!', but JV's bad stats are a sign of a clear mental problem somehow.

If they're both small sample sizes(they are), in which case they need to be taken in context of the players' larger portfolio of play, which would indicate that JV is a more effective offensive player than he showed at the Olympics, and DeMar's porous defensive performance is perfectly indicative of the player he was in the NBA this year.
                  Stop embarrassing yourself here man ... DD is on a team with Durant and Carmelo and many other stars ... JV was suppose to be the big gun of this LIT team !!! We all knew DD will have a very minor role with this US team. No one thought were Durant is on the floor, DD will be the team USA first option on the offence.

Same way no one thought with Kyrie being there, Lowry will be the STAR PG of US team.

You are smarter than that man, stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    Stop embarrassing yourself here man ... DD is on a team with Durant and Carmelo and many other stars ... JV was suppose to be the big gun of this LIT team !!! We all knew DD will have a very minor role with this US team. No one thought were Durant is on the floor, DD will be the team USA first option on the offence.

Same way no one thought with Kyrie being there, Lowry will be the STAR PG of US team.

You are smarter than that man, stop embarrassing yourself.
                    Even though kyle is better than kyrie but coach k just goes with the biggest names getting the most minutes
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Valanciunas - 'I've got to do something to my head'

http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/ne...ing-to-my-head

It's obvious he's going through some shit right now. #HairSituation

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        Jonas said he's burnt out, so good time to enjoy some holiday time.

When does the training camp start?
                        Did he actually say he was burnt out? Where did he say this?
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Did he actually say he was burnt out? Where did he say this?
                          After the game and it's here, but it's in Lithuanian (link).

The full quote is something like "I couldn't sort my own head out. I burned out. I wanted but I couldn't. It was a very bad tournament for me."

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            After the game and it's here, but it's in Lithuanian (link).

The full quote is something like "I couldn't sort my own head out. I burned out. I wanted but I couldn't. It was a very bad tournament for me."
                            Google translate , lol.

"John is not so easy - and attention, and the opposition's attention - a tragic largest Lithuanian basketball tournament Hope tried to explain 61-year-old professional. - He needs to deal with the same attention to the surrounding. But he will learn. " "John needs more indulge in basketball. He - a very talented, but he has received everything on their talent. I wish that it would be the same hard-working workouts, and not forget that living alone talent tale may end soon.

"I could not cope on his own head. Burn out. It seems, I wanted to, but did not. The tournament I was very bad ", - the head shook same 24-year-old player.

John Valanciunas

Comment

• Rocwell you got a link for the Serbia vs Croatia game?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                                Rocwell you got a link for the Serbia vs Croatia game?
                                http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/live/ba...l-cro-srb.html

Comment

Working...
                                X