Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This. If I had to put my money on it. It would #2. I think JV has all-star potential but, not star potential. Hope he proves me wrong.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    What is the difference? Are you going to next tell us Derozan is a star, because there shouldnt be any question that he's a "fringe all star"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      What is the difference? Are you going to next tell us Derozan is a star, because there shouldnt be any question that he's a "fringe all star"
      Deebo is more of a perennial all-star. Just needs to improve his jumper a bit and decision making to become a legitmate star.

Fringe all-star has long passed. He is a legitimate all-star. I'm guessing your one of the people who were saying he would be a one time all-star. That he only made it cause PG13 was hurt.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Oct 25, 2016, 07:10 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• For me it goes like this. Role player, starter, all-star, star and superstar. JV is in between starter and all-star right now. Lowry is a star. Deebo is in between All-star and star. I believe both JV and Deebo can still take one more step.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• if it was up to me (which it is not)
          I would play JV around 36 minutes until Jared comes back

1st - 12m-4m (8mins in total)
          2nd - 10-0m (10mins in total)
          3rd - 12m-2m (10mins in total)
          4th - 8m-till end of game (8mins in total)
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            But JV is already a star. Or do you not agree?
            I wouldn't agree with that. And I don't think any non-Raptor fan would. The only people who would rate JV that highly are those who make up a certain portion of our fanbase.

I think he could be one, but that remains to be seen over a long period of time. He hasn't really had the proper opportunity to show it to be fair though.
            Last edited by Lupe; Tue Oct 25, 2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              But JV is already a star. Or do you not agree?
              He definitely played like one in the Playoffs and carried the team before he got injured. He has potential to be one.

Comment

• centers dont have to drop 25 and 10 to be all stars, they have to be solid on both sides of the ball, like top tier. JV isn't an all star defender yet.

Comment

• Thats all we got to say about JV after this awesome game?

Comment

• Can someone ask the mods to change the thread name to Everything Shaquille O'Neal? Thanks

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't agree with that. And I don't think any non-Raptor fan would. The only people who would rate JV that highly are those who make up a certain portion of our fanbase.

I think he could be one, but that remains to be seen over a long period of time. He hasn't really had the proper opportunity to show it to be fair though.
                      How do you define star? I think JV's a top 5 center right now - definitely top 10. In no particular order, he'd probably be ranked after Davis, Cousins, M Gasol (and coming off his injury, his placement is questionable) and KAT. I don't think he's any worse than Jordan or Drummond or even Whiteside who all have major deficiencies.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        centers dont have to drop 25 and 10 to be all stars, they have to be solid on both sides of the ball, like top tier. JV isn't an all star defender yet.
                        i dunno man, i'd say if your C is dropping 25 and 10, he can be a pretty average defender and still be a big positive and an all-star.

JV isn't a star defender but if we get playoff / last night JV on a regular basis, he's a pretty good one.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          i dunno man, i'd say if your C is dropping 25 and 10, he can be a pretty average defender and still be a big positive and an all-star.

JV isn't a star defender but if we get playoff / last night JV on a regular basis, he's a pretty good one.
                          JV strikes me as a guy who will step up his intensity on defense in the playoffs as he did last year. Maybe unrealistic to expect it over 82 games, but his offense and rebounding should be pretty consistent. Not everyone can be KL and do everything as he did last year.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            centers dont have to drop 25 and 10 to be all stars, they have to be solid on both sides of the ball, like top tier. JV isn't an all star defender yet.
                            Why do guards get exemption from the playing defense criteria?
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Why do guards get exemption from the playing defense criteria?
                              Because they got swag. Let me know when the Jonas Valanciunas sneaker comes out
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• [QUOTE=KeonClark;684977]Because they got swag. Let me know when the Jonas Valanciunas sneaker comes out

According to some posters, he already has:

Comment

Working...
                                X