Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    How do you know that? (I'm talking about his time @ Kentucky) Usually stuff like are kept behind closed doors at college. It's no surprise it only took couple weeks into his first NBA season to get fined and act like 8-year old baby.

See, I like DMC. I always thought the system failed him(high school). But he's not 20 year old kid anymore, he understands what's right and wrong, and if there was a perfect time to get him - it's now, imo. Still, we have to acknowledge that he's a high risk investment that could double our money or...
    i just don't like the odds at the minute.

Comment

• I actually agree with Christian about trading him. (for once lol)

JV will never realize his full potential playing among two ball dominant guards who don't share the ball much. It's just not going to happen. Better to trade him for someone who will be a better fit. Though Cousins isn't that player. Cousins would never see the ball here.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        How do you know that? (I'm talking about his time @ Kentucky) Usually stuff like are kept behind closed doors at college. It's no surprise it only took couple weeks into his first NBA season to get fined and act like 8-year old baby.

See, I like DMC. I always thought the system failed him(high school). But he's not 20 year old kid anymore, he understands what's right and wrong, and if there was a perfect time to get him - it's now, imo. Still, we have to acknowledge that he's a high risk investment that could double our money or...
        Its hard for a collge team to be a good team with locker room problem. It is a risk but, not as much of risk as it is made out to be. You have to take risks sometimes. I think Raptors are at that point now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          I actually agree with Christian about trading him. (for once lol)

JV will never realize his full potential playing among two ball dominant guards who don't share the ball much. It's just not going to happen. Better to trade him for someone who will be a better fit. Though Cousins isn't that player. Cousins would never see the ball here.
          no, he won't have the opportunity to play to his full potential between 2 shoot-first guards.

but he's still able to be a big positive even without getting plays run for him, and Lowry won't be a viable option 2 forever.

I'm curious who you think is a "better fit" than a guy who owns the glass, sets great screens, shoots 75%+ from the FT line, is becoming a pretty good defender and scores efficiently when they do actually give him the ball. Not to mention he just dominated the playoffs while healthy, and seems to put the team first at all times.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            no, he won't have the opportunity to play to his full potential between 2 shoot-first guards.

but he's still able to be a big positive even without getting plays run for him, and Lowry won't be a viable option 2 forever.

I'm curious who you think is a "better fit" than a guy who owns the glass, sets great screens, shoots 75%+ from the FT line, is becoming a pretty good defender and scores efficiently when they do actually give him the ball. Not to mention he just dominated the playoffs while healthy, and seems to put the team first at all times.
            Yea, I couldn't really think of a guy who would a better fit. Maybe Deandre or Kevin Love, but those two are never happening.

It's just frustrating to see such a talented offensive player being ignored so much.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Yea, I couldn't really think of a guy who would a better fit. Maybe Deandre or Kevin Love, but those two are never happening.

It's just frustrating to see such a talented offensive player being ignored so much.
              For now. We still have him for a number of years and part of the reason why he isn't being used as much is because DeMar happens to be going off. This team has had games where they have gone to JV as a main option and it usually turns out okay, and I'm sure they're all aware of that. I think JV also understands that as long as Lowry and DeRozan are there he won't be needed as a scoring option until they struggle and he has to take some pressure off of the scoring load.
              OG is our king

Comment

I actually agree with Christian about trading him. (for once lol)

I don't know how much this has to be said but DMC is not JV. DMC is well respected across the league. Any team he goes to would automaticly give 15+ shots per game. He would get it here just like he would get it on a team like Portland.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I don't know how much this has to be said but DMC is not JV. DMC is well respected across the league. Any team he goes to would automaticly give 15+ shots per game. He would get it here just like he would get it on a team like Portland.

I'm just confused how this all works in your head. DeMar's not a natural passer, that's not his game. This is what you've said about him in the past, that he's better getting his own shot than a shot for others.

So you think because Cousins walks through that door, DeMar becomes someone that he's not, or Cousins becomes someone he's not? Because something has to give there.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Agree with barolt re passing. He can't even make a decent entry pass to jv and total blinders off the dribble. Jv is wide open all the time under the hoop. Couple times last night, once I even heard him yell on the broadcast. Nothing. Lowry is not a pass first point either but hes not bad at pnr lobs. I think a rim protector/runner that is good in pnr defense is a better fit. Getting noel for cheap makes some sense and leaves us lots of assets like jv to land a floor spacer defender pf.

Comment

• Tell me something do Deebo and DMC take every shot on team USA? No, they sacrifice so they can win. Just like they would if they had a chance to win a NBA championship.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• [QUOTE=Chr1s1anL;687675]Tell me something do Deebo and DMC take every shot on team USA? No, they sacrifice so they can win. Just like they would if they had a chance to win a NBA championship.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You're gonna get slaughtered for this one

Comment

Tell me something do Deebo and DMC take every shot on team USA? No, they sacrifice so they can win. Just like they would if they had a chance to win a NBA championship.

lol

Comment

• My point is there is no way DMC would get ignored like JV does.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

My point is there is no way DMC would get ignored like JV does.

My concern is, even if that is true, does that end up meaning DeMar has the ball in his hands less and has to learn to play off the ball? We've got a top 5 offence for a couple straight years with him as a primary scorer, which he's pretty good at. If the team forces possessions to Cousins, rather than him getting his chances off of the defence focusing on DeMar, who knows how that messes with the effectiveness of our offence.

There is absolutely a lot of upside in getting Cousins, but considering the cost will be astronomical if he's even available, it is important that the downside and unknowns are considered as well.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                My concern is, even if that is true, does that end up meaning DeMar has the ball in his hands less and has to learn to play off the ball? We've got a top 5 offence for a couple straight years with him as a primary scorer, which he's pretty good at. If the team forces possessions to Cousins, rather than him getting his chances off of the defence focusing on DeMar, who knows how that messes with the effectiveness of our offence.

There is absolutely a lot of upside in getting Cousins, but considering the cost will be astronomical if he's even available, it is important that the downside and unknowns are considered as well.
                                I'm not concern with DD's ability to play a little more off ball. He's a student of the game. With Lowry shot attempts going down year to year. There would be enough shots for both Deebo and DMC to be successful.

DeMar isnt going to average 25 shots per game for the season. He will settle down to about 18 a game. DMC averages 16 shots per game on his career.

Also, the thing is as long as they are winning no one will even care. Winning cures all. If you have Lowry/DeRozan/DMC as your big 3 your going to win a lot of games.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Nov 5, 2016, 02:41 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X