Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I can ask an insane question:

We've looked elite through 5 games, without being fully healthy. Top ten defense, top ten offense, top 5 bench. And again, we're missing our intended starting PF and our starting SF doesn't look healthy.

Why do we need to make a trade right now? What's the rush? Why can't we let this roster breathe for a few weeks before deciding it's broken?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      If I can ask an insane question:

We've looked elite through 5 games, without being fully healthy. Top ten defense, top ten offense, top 5 bench. And again, we're missing our intended starting PF and our starting SF doesn't look healthy.

Why do we need to make a trade right now? What's the rush? Why can't we let this roster breathe for a few weeks before deciding it's broken?
      We dont need to make a trade and definitely not for a headcase like Cousins. We just need to settle into a functional starting unit (which we really didnt have last year either) and work out our offensive system to involve JV (and really all our bigs) more so that we'll be harder to stop come playoffs. Other than only having one reliable PF there's no glaring hole on this roster and any early season issues should theoretically be ones that can be fixed with the players we have.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        We dont need to make a trade and definitely not for a headcase like Cousins. We just need to settle into a functional starting unit (which we really didnt have last year either) and work out our offensive system to involve JV (and really all our bigs) more so that we'll be harder to stop come playoffs. Other than only having one reliable PF there's no glaring hole on this roster and any early season issues should theoretically be ones that can be fixed with the players we have.

Agreed. I believe if we had a healthy Sullinger in the starting lineup, it would have a positive trickle down effect on the entire roster. Lets hope Sully comes back sooner rather then later, he can play both PF & Centre position and we wouldn't worry so much about our rooks needing to contribute every night in order for us to win.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          If I can ask an insane question:

Completely agree with this. I absolutely don't see a need to make any kind of trade right now. The teams playing pretty damn good basketball and JV has been fine. I expect him to get more touches again once demar cools off a bit. I also don't think that at this point the risks attached with dmc make sense for this team.

I know it's only five games into the season and demar has been ridiculously good, but holding a top 10 offense and defense with two rookies with a pretty heavy load in the rotation is nothing to scoff at. The only loss so far has been against the champs in a game that could've gone either way.

Basically I really like the make up of this team and wouldn't wanna mess with it right now.

Comment

• Trade and draft speculation are two of my favourite aspects. It's for fun.

Comment

• God help me I hate it when I agree with Chr1s1anL, but I've said this many times. If JV is going to be a garbageman, his value as an asset is totally underutilized.

I think he doesn't get the ball because DD (and to a far lesser extent Kyle) simply don't respect his abilities. JV is okay in the post but his real strength is as a roll man, and our guys aren't great at hitting the roll man. The last guy who was was Jose.

Getting Cousins is precisely the kind of risk we need to take to get to the next level. But first I'd throw the kitchen sink at Anthony Davis. Because the time is coming when he gets sick of losing.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                Trade and draft speculation are two of my favourite aspects. It's for fun.
                The thing is some people on here think they know better then our GM/ president , I think that's how James Dolan runs his business or the owner of The Kings do and the result isn't surprising.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  God help me I hate it when I agree with Chr1s1anL, but I've said this many times. If JV is going to be a garbageman, his value as an asset is totally underutilized.

I think he doesn't get the ball because DD (and to a far lesser extent Kyle) simply don't respect his abilities. JV is okay in the post but his real strength is as a roll man, and our guys aren't great at hitting the roll man. The last guy who was was Jose.

Getting Cousins is precisely the kind of risk we need to take to get to the next level. But first I'd throw the kitchen sink at Anthony Davis. Because the time is coming when he gets sick of losing.
                  JVs contract is so valuable though, even at a garbage man rate.

Cousins is a complete swing for the fence. No guarantee that he would even remotely be successful without 30+ usage. His defence isn't as good either. Great talent but not necessarily a great fit.

Davis won't be traded anytime soon.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I agree with that satement. I think he is not respected by DD and KL ... JV most of the time is out of the position and he has not really added much to his game. I know he has so many fans here but face it,KL and DD are operating on next level these days and JV is not.

If JV wants to get involved, he needs to dominate the glass and the tip ins and also on the defensive end. He is NOT doing that.

This is the BIG BOYS league and no one is going to spoon feed you.

DD and KL did their work and now they are getting paid for it and getting what is theirs on the court.

TRADE JV now and be done with it while he has little value still.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Cousins is a complete swing for the fence. No guarantee that he would even remotely be successful without 30+ usage. His defence isn't as good either. Great talent but not necessarily a great fit.

Well for a player like Davis he gets traded whenever he wants.

Not to relate it to anything the Raps would do, but if the Pelicans keep sucking so hard it might not be too long. I don't think he'd request it in season, but if they don't make a big addition early in the summer? Maybe...

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        I agree with that satement. I think he is not respected by DD and KL ... JV most of the time is out of the position and he has not really added much to his game. I know he has so many fans here but face it,KL and DD are operating on next level these days and JV is not.

If JV wants to get involved, he needs to dominate the glass and the tip ins and also on the defensive end. He is NOT doing that.

DD and KL did their work and now they are getting paid for it and getting what is theirs on the court.

Sarcasm?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

You trying to troll?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            You trying to troll?
                            Yes he is. He only posts to incite, never with insight.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Yes he is. He only posts to incite, never with insight.
                              McTroll
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Well one of the big knocks on Cousins is his inefficiency. I think part of that is that he's forced to do so much. Yeah he takes some bad shots but it's often because he's trying to put the team on his back.

If his usage decreases and he's surrounded with better pieces I think he will actually be more effective.

The real question is chemistry. But I think we have enough of a winning culture that we can keep him in line. Lowry can play Billups to his Sheed.

We can't be afraid of change or we are just going to keep running in place imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X