Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong...that's like 144.6 points per 100 possession. Maybe doesn't account for turnovers but also doesn't account for and 1s and rebound put backs. But yeah, he's not a good 3rd option
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I feel like this tweet could've been from 2013 and I'd still believe it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong...that's like 144.6 points per 100 possession. Maybe doesn't account for turnovers but also doesn't account for and 1s and rebound put backs. But yeah, he's not a good 3rd option
          135 points per 100 when turnovers are taken into account.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But he aint Shaq

Comment

• I find it hard to imagine that any other coach in the league wouldn't take JV and ram the ball into the low post time after time until the opposition doubles him and even beyond for kick-outs.

Comment

• Who knows, maybe couple more loses and MU will fire the coach !!!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  I find it hard to imagine that any other coach in the league wouldn't take JV and ram the ball into the low post time after time until the opposition doubles him and even beyond for kick-outs.
                  Especially against teams with no good defensive Cs *cough* Warriors *cough*.

Comment

10th most touches would sound like a lot, but only because it's the new era where posting big guys up isn't prevalent. If he is indeed #1 in converting those, then he should also be #1 in the amount of touches he averages. Let's also remember that he's a good FT shooter and pretty good at drawing fouls (he pretty much has that 'Pau scream of pain' down pat), so there's added value to posting him up that stats don't reflect.

To me good coaching isn't about chasing the new trends (Warriors smallball etc.), but maximizing the strengths of your current personnel. The Raps can't really emulate Warriors' style of play because they do not have that kind of a roster. However, they can always search for other effective ways to exploit defenses of their opponents, such as increasing JV's offensive usage heavily against certain favorable matchups, IMO.
                    Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Wed Nov 23, 2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                      10th most touches would sound like a lot, but only because it's the new era where posting big guys up isn't prevalent. If he is indeed #1 in converting those, then he should also be #1 in the amount of touches he averages. Let's also remember that he's a good FT shooter and pretty good at drawing fouls (he pretty much has that 'Pau scream of pain' down pat), so there's added value to posting him up that stats don't reflect.

To me good coaching isn't about chasing the new trends (Warriors smallball etc.), but maximizing the strengths of your current personnel. The Raps can't really emulate Warriors' style of play because they do not have that kind of a roster. However, they can always search for other effective ways to exploit defenses of their opponents, such as increasing JV's offensive usage heavily against certain favorable matchups, IMO.
                      Raptors arent trying to copy the Warriors. They play do thier strength. Which is there guard play.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Nov 23, 2016, 11:42 AM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Raptors arent trying to copy the Warriors. They play do thier strength. Which is there guard play.

but they aren't playing to their strength. if they were, JV inside would be part of a balanced offence.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          but they aren't playing to their strength. if they were, JV inside would be part of a balanced offence.
                          Thier two best players are K Low/Deebo. They feature them more. JV is the 3rd best so he gets the 3rd most shots. I'll say it again offence is not the issue with the team. Every game we are scoring enough to win but, were not getting enough stops every game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

#1 post player. 14.4 ppg 10 reb on 57% shooting. 82% from free throws. You STILL don't think there's room to make 3 all stats here, like every other contender?

Comment

Thier two best players are K Low/Deebo. They feature them more. JV is the 3rd best so he gets the 3rd most shots. I'll say it again offence is not the issue with the team. Every game we are scoring enough to win but, were not getting enough stops every game.

Pretty sure if you took away tips and put backs valanciunas would have less shots than Ross carroll and 2pat

Edit: per 36 minutes, minus tip ins and put backs, he's behind ross carroll 2pat joseph and Powell. But still the 3rd highest ppg by a fair margin above that group. And they all shoot 3s

Soo yeah I'd say he's fairly efficient and could take on more for the better of the team
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Nov 23, 2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

You misinterpreted/misunderstood me. I'm not saying Raptors are copying the Warriors. I just described what I think good coaching is.

Comment

Working...
                                X