Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Raptors arent trying to copy the Warriors. They play do thier strength. Which is there guard play.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    They really don't play to their strengths well. Casey for whatever reason doesn't take advantage of mismatches well. If a team has a terrible C, feed the crap out of JV all game and let him score 30, if a team has a terrible defensive SG, then feed the crap out of Demar. Casey takes advantage of a matchup well in the first half and in the second half, win or lose, it reverts back to the Lowry and Demar show.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Pretty sure if you took away tips and put backs valanciunas would have less shots than Ross carroll and 2pat

Edit: per 36 minutes, minus tip ins and put backs, he's behind ross carroll 2pat joseph and Powell. But still the 3rd highest ppg by a fair margin above that group. And they all shoot 3s

Soo yeah I'd say he's fairly efficient and could take on more for the better of the team
      My point is JV getting more touches and scoring more doesn't really help the team. Scoring is not the issue. It's the defence. Taking shots away from Klow and Debo and giving to JV still leaves us with the same problem.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        They really don't play to their strengths well. Casey for whatever reason doesn't take advantage of mismatches well. If a team has a terrible C, feed the crap out of JV all game and let him score 30, if a team has a terrible defensive SG, then feed the crap out of Demar. Casey takes advantage of a matchup well in the first half and in the second half, win or lose, it reverts back to the Lowry and Demar show.
        This. When DeMar is iso-ing on one side of the floor against a good defender while Ross sits in the corner the entire possession and JV waits to try to get an offensive rebound, that's not really playing to our strength.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Scoring is not the problem woth this team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

The worst part is, last game they went super small against the clippers with powell guarding speights. Clippers kept feeding speights, we were getting absolutely burned, and it forced casey to bring in a big (but not jv, he doesn't get to play until shot blocking DeAndre gets on the court)

So casey has shown he doesn't just react to the other team, except it was going super small. He's never went big when they go small. No matter which side of the coin, jv gets fucked.

It's like his only purpose is to shadow a big center. That'd be a great role if biyombo was here and starting, but jv is a scorer, so why not try and sneak him in against the small ball lineups? Ie vs golden state. I can almost guarantee if jv went over draymond on 3 straight trips, we'd force their hand and ending the small ball lineup.

That should be where jv is key: if small ball is killing you, put him in and force them to stop it!! Why does it seem like every other team plays who they want when they want, but casey watches every other team to see what theyre gonna do before he decides his big gets minutes?
            Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Nov 23, 2016, 01:40 PM.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You keep spitting out the same line instead of dissecting the points made. Going away from jv and scoring 36 in a half vs the kings to need a hail Mary to tie wasn't a bad idea? We're just so unbelievably good at offense we just ignore it and never try to get even better? We're 100% perfect?

Comment

Except the offensive issues are easily fixable. The defensive issues will most likely require a trade seeing as DD isn't a defender, Carroll isn't good, Siakam is a rookie and JV isn't a good rim protector.

Comment

A point scored is as good as a point prevented. Ideally, yes, the team should find a way to get better defensively.

But they should also look to improve offensively, no matter how good they are on that end. Especially considering how straightforward the things to try offensively are compared to the muddier waters of how to get better defensively.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Except the offensive issues are easily fixable. The defensive issues will most likely require a trade seeing as DD isn't a defender, Carroll isn't good, Siakam is a rookie and JV isn't a good rim protector.
                    I mostly agree, but wanted to make a sarcastic remark to the bold, if that's alright. Here goes.

Oh, yeah, only way to improve the defence in the starting lineup is to make a trade because we don't have any better defenders at PF than a rookie, not a one.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scoring isn't a problem for the team but if you just get rid of JV and replace him with a great on defense, so-so on offense player then scoring will start to become a problem. Have no problem trading him and getting a better defensive center but it needs to be a deal for a comparable offensive talent at the 4 coming back.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Scoring isn't a problem for the team but if you just get rid of JV and replace him with a great on defense, so-so on offense player then scoring will start to become a problem. Have no problem trading him and getting a better defensive center but it needs to be a deal for a comparable offensive talent at the 4 coming back.
                        Agreed. And as I outlined earlier, comparable offensive talents are very rare.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I've come to the conclusion both demar derozan and local hero Christian don't want jv getting 4 more pts a game, because then it wouldn't be "mine an kyles team" it'd be a legit big 3, and I'm pretty sure popular opinion in the media, if jv was 18-10 and derozan was like 26 ppg and not much else, would be that jv is the more valuable player. And that's not happening on his watch.

Comment

Would you prefer Demar and Kyle scoring 30 and 23 a night and giving little effort on D or Demar scoring 20-22 and Kyle 16-18 while being more active and effective on D? Guys like JV could pick up the offensive slack and this should also help the D.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              Would you prefer Demar and Kyle scoring 30 and 23 a night and giving little effort on D or Demar scoring 20-22 and Kyle 16-18 while being more active and effective on D? Guys like JV could pick up the offensive slack and this should also help the D.
                              gee, i wonder what the answer to this will be... he's made it clear already that watching a team play well together isn't important to him, so there it is.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                                It doesn't even have to he that drastic. You're taking away like 15 pts. I think their per 36 could essentially stay the same, take 3 or 4 minutes off each per game, go with a cojo-powell-ross-2pat-jv look, theres a ton of options there. Do it late 3rd early 4th and it would certainly help give both guys an extra burst of energy late for both offense and defense

Comment

Working...
                                X