Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    I wish we could get Marc w/o giving up JV, DD, KL.. I love Marc Gasol. He plays this game the right way.
    How are you going to Use Gasol and JV together ? Will you bring JV off the bench ?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      How are you going to Use Gasol and JV together ? Will you bring JV off the bench ?
      Yeah. Grizzlies experimented with Gasol-Koufos lineup before. It didn't really work.

Although the value you would get from having two rim protectors on the floor is quite exciting lol

Comment

• I'd trade JV for Marc any day of the week.. despite their age differences. Marc fits nicely with Lowry's window too. Marc appears to be healthy (finally) as well. *Knock on wood*

Conley and Marc are tight though.. he'd be pretty ticked if Memphis traded Marc away.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Especially when you already have another one on the roster And I'm much more interested in Wright than Nelson and Augustine types.
          Would you want to roll with Delon Wright as the backup PG in the playoffs? If CoJo's gone, there's always a retread guy like Mario Chalmers sitting out there, who does have a ton of playoff experience and 2 rings.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'd trade JV for Marc any day of the week.. despite their age differences. Marc fits nicely with Lowry's window too. Marc appears to be healthy (finally) as well. *Knock on wood*

Conley and Marc are tight though.. he'd be pretty ticked if Memphis traded Marc away.
            You know our D would likely not get any better? You know our O has so far not been catered to playing around a post pivot at all?

Gasol would look awful defensively if we asked him to play the role JV is playing now. He's also a pretty unspectacular rebounder. And would we use him enough and correctly to take advantage of his post game and passing ability?

I think as things stand there are very few trades that make sense for the Raps. Probably best to hang on to the young pieces we have. Not sure any trade makes us compete against Lebron. Need him to get injured, and we're easily talented enough to beat Cleveland if he does. And not sure we'd ever beat GSW, or any contender really, as long as we have a coach who pretty much always reacts to match up with the opponent instead of forcing them to match up to us in some way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd trade JV for Marc any day of the week.. despite their age differences. Marc fits nicely with Lowry's window too. Marc appears to be healthy (finally) as well. *Knock on wood*

Mention this last year got laughed off the forum.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

I like to hear your proposals

Comment

Honestly, I don't really like JV straight up for Marc. I know we'd get better.... But for how long? We should only trade JV for... um.. DMC. Just my 2 cents. Masai will make it happen IMO cuz this team needs to make a move soon.

Comment

That's because it's most likely a bad trade for us.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, I don't really like JV straight up for Marc. I know we'd get better.... But for how long? We should only trade JV for... um.. DMC. Just my 2 cents. Masai will make it happen IMO cuz this team needs to make a move soon.
                      The only C in the league it makes indisputable sense to trade JV for is KAT. That kid could easily become the best player of his generation.

Anything else is not even close to a black and white choice. DMC is a problem child. Definitely not worth shedding assets for IMO. Every time i see him play i want him less, regardless of what the trade would look like (ie even if it didn't involve JV).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        The only C in the league it makes indisputable sense to trade JV for is KAT. That kid could easily become the best player of his generation.

Anything else is not even close to a black and white choice. DMC is a problem child. Definitely not worth shedding assets for IMO. Every time i see him play i want him less, regardless of what the trade would look like (ie even if it didn't involve JV).

I understand where you're coming from. But still, I couldn't reject this offer if Kings offered DMC for JV. We have to take a risk one day, or we'll never win the championship. Although these days I'm not even sure it's even possible to win the NBA with a really really good team.

Comment

You know our D would likely not get any better? You know our O has so far not been catered to playing around a post pivot at all?

Gasol would look awful defensively if we asked him to play the role JV is playing now. He's also a pretty unspectacular rebounder. And would we use him enough and correctly to take advantage of his post game and passing ability?

I think as things stand there are very few trades that make sense for the Raps. Probably best to hang on to the young pieces we have. Not sure any trade makes us compete against Lebron. Need him to get injured, and we're easily talented enough to beat Cleveland if he does. And not sure we'd ever beat GSW, or any contender really, as long as we have a coach who pretty much always reacts to match up with the opponent instead of forcing them to match up to us in some way.

Marc has this intelligence behind him.. that even if he's an after thought on offense he can be used to pass the ball or play smart defense against even teams that go small like Cleveland. He may not help us get past the Cavs, but he'd put us in a better position than JV I think.

And if (or when I guess) DD and KL start sh!tting the bed in the playoffs, Gasol can put the team on his shoulders and help us win a round or two like JV did last year.

Ultimately I don't think it would happen.. Memphis loves the Conley/Gasol pairing and just gave Conley a ridiculous amount of money.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            I like to hear your proposals
                            It was just a Swap for the two. Don't know if the money works though. The arguement was that JV was so young. My counter to that is that JV will never be as good as Marc is now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

There are a few that I would trade JV for.. and Cousins doesn't seem like a fit at all. For me it would the obvious guys like KAT and AD, but also guys like Whiteside, M Gasol, Porzingis or even Gobert. Defensive guys that aren't a complete liability on the offensive end.

Comment

Marc has this intelligence behind him.. that even if he's an after thought on offense he can be used to pass the ball or play smart defense against even teams that go small like Cleveland. He may not help us get past the Cavs, but he'd put us in a better position than JV I think.

And if (or when I guess) DD and KL start sh!tting the bed in the playoffs, Gasol can put the team on his shoulders and help us win a round or two like JV did last year.

Ultimately I don't think it would happen.. Memphis loves the Conley/Gasol pairing and just gave Conley a ridiculous amount of money.
                                But JV did that las year, why would you trade him for an older player?

And smarts won't matter if Gasol is forced to come up and be an aggressive help defender on the high screen and roll. I don't remember where it was, but i read an article on how teams defend the p'n'r and how Memphis depends a lot on not having to force Gasol and Randolph to go out very far because if they do, they're completely fucked. They've had Conly and Allen defending the point of attack and that helps a lot. It's a big reason why Cojo is such a key piece for us.

Gasol cannot defend in space, which is exactly what everyone is complaining about with JV. Very few Cs can, and it simply cannot be the factor that makes or breaks your D.

Comment

Working...
                                X