Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    casey, lowry and dd are the core. jv is not. we can talk about moving lowry to push the window back for potentially talented youth (draft picks) but masai is not doing this so it's just a fantasy exercise. it's hard enough to envision masai breaking slightly from his patience mantra to make any trade, let alone lowry or dd. it's not "wrong" but pointless is probably a better word.
    LOL.

there's only 1 coach in the league good enough to be considered a "core" piece. casey is not even close.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      LOL.

there's only 1 coach in the league good enough to be considered a "core" piece. casey is not even close.
      While I agree there may be a handful (not a ton more) of better coaches I think this ridiculous hate on for Casey needs to stop. He's far from a perfect coach but we need to keep things in perspective.

If someone told us when we first got Kyle Lowry that him and DeMar would improve our record EVERY year, carry us to win over 50+ games AND make it to a Conference Finals, I think they would be laughed off this board. Both guys were considered GREAT supporting players, supposedly "3rd option on a good team"....again try to rewind your mind to 4 years or so ago when Lowry was fighting for a starting spot with Dragic/Calderon and DeMar was just some raw SG. They've surpassed EVERY RECORD set by ANY former Raptor and it certainly wasn't because of their talent. Although he can be (as any coach can) boneheaded at times Casey deserves some damn credit.

I really can't think of many coaches outside of Pops and maybe a couple others that would have been able to mold those two and this team into a TOP 4 team in the league. It's like we have amnesia that we were so damn bad before for so long that we just wanted to blow it up, now here we are with guys like Lowry and DeRozan (neither of whom are considered top 10 players in the league, again let that sink in) yet somehow we're at the cusp of being a contender. Casey has a TON to do with that.

#putsomerespekonhisname

Comment

• The core of the Raptors is Masai Ujiri. Everyone else is replaceable.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          The core of the Raptors is Masai Ujiri. Everyone else is replaceable.
          Haha. That's cute

Comment

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              LOL.

I think there are several coaches that are tied to the identity of their teams and Casey is one of them. This is Casey's team. He's ride or die with demar and Kyle.
              Pops is in a class of his own like lebron but it doesn't mean there aren't other good coaches/players. Like the Mavs are terrible but Carlisle is a fixture. The guy we are facing tonight represents Boston as much as any player on that team. Kerr, bud, quinn Snyder, doc, Clifford. All those guys are cores for their franchises. Players are added, used and trained into their systems. Walton looks poised to join that list too.

Comment

Rebuild around Bruno. The Toronto BWBs

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Rebuild around Bruno. The Toronto BWBs
                  Powell and Bruno, the new Jordan and Pippen

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    While I agree there may be a handful (not a ton more) of better coaches I think this ridiculous hate on for Casey needs to stop. He's far from a perfect coach but we need to keep things in perspective.

If someone told us when we first got Kyle Lowry that him and DeMar would improve our record EVERY year, carry us to win over 50+ games AND make it to a Conference Finals, I think they would be laughed off this board. Both guys were considered GREAT supporting players, supposedly "3rd option on a good team"....again try to rewind your mind to 4 years or so ago when Lowry was fighting for a starting spot with Dragic/Calderon and DeMar was just some raw SG. They've surpassed EVERY RECORD set by ANY former Raptor and it certainly wasn't because of their talent. Although he can be (as any coach can) boneheaded at times Casey deserves some damn credit.

I really can't think of many coaches outside of Pops and maybe a couple others that would have been able to mold those two and this team into a TOP 4 team in the league. It's like we have amnesia that we were so damn bad before for so long that we just wanted to blow it up, now here we are with guys like Lowry and DeRozan (neither of whom are considered top 10 players in the league, again let that sink in) yet somehow we're at the cusp of being a contender. Casey has a TON to do with that.

#putsomerespekonhisname
                    Preach brother.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JV is fine. No need to trade him. He is just a role player though. I think people are just having a hard time accepting that. Yes he is a starter but, that really doesn't mean anything on this team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        JV is fine. No need to trade him. He is just a role player though. I think people are just having a hard time accepting that. Yes he is a starter but, that really doesn't mean anything on this team.

I disagree. If our staff really thinks JV is a role player, we should trade him immediately. He's worth much more than a role player imo.. at least for now

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          I disagree. If our staff really thinks JV is a role player, we should trade him immediately. He's worth much more than a role player imo.. at least for now
                          How is he not? He gets the same treatment as everyone else not named Lowry and Deebo. Just as much of a role player as DMC.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            How is he not? He gets the same treatment as everyone else not named Lowry and Deebo. Just as much of a role player as DMC.

Comment

• In that case JV is the best "role player" in the league.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Role players get benched in regular season games if they are shitting the bed. Upper echelon players get to play through it. Which one sounds like JV?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X