Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Raps were 25th DRtg (107.7) in 2014-15. Guess that's a diarrhea show.
    18 wins.........

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      18 wins.........
      All the more impressive. Clippers won 56 games that yr with DJ and had a lower DRtg.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        1st clip - JV stayed trapped on Bradley for a second or two too long, needs to release sooner and let Norm retake him. Bradley was facing the sidelines before he decides to bail.

2nd clip - Pat does everything great. Hedge was an easier one but great close out on Olynyk.

3rd clip - another good quick hedge but it really has nothing to do with Bebe's contest.

Plus sideline and middle PnR's are not exactly the same & maybe Bradley and Rosier should be handled differently - but mostly JV needs to take off sooner.
        yeah, those three plays are not even remotely similar.

JV shouldn't be hedging on 95% of plays. It's a sign of hilarious regression by our defensive coaching that he is.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          yeah, those three plays are not even remotely similar.

JV shouldn't be hedging on 95% of plays. It's a sign of hilarious regression by our defensive coaching that he is.
          Great hedging from bigs allows you to be elite defensively. Without it, it's very difficult nowadays with the volume of 3 pointers being taken and ability of even some bigmen to stretch the floor effectively. It's a problem that JV can't hedge and recover quickly and is slow on his feet tbh.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
            Great hedging from bigs allows you to be elite defensively. Without it, it's very difficult nowadays with the volume of 3 pointers being taken and ability of even some bigmen to stretch the floor effectively. It's a problem that JV can't hedge and recover quickly and is slow on his feet tbh.
            Yes but the team knows what it has with JV. Why set him up to fail by using a scheme that doesn't fit for the type of player he is?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              Yes but the team knows what it has with JV. Why set him up to fail by using a scheme that doesn't fit for the type of player he is?
              Because It fits every other player on the team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• porzingis is slumping right now. guy sucks and needs to be traded!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Because It fits every other player on the team.

No, it doesn't. It only fits one big on the roster - Patterson.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    No, it doesn't. It only fits one big on the roster - Patterson.
                    Because Siakam, Poeltl and Bebe have limited mobility like JV.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Because Siakam, Poeltl and Bebe have limited mobility like JV.

Completely forgot about Pascal. Fair, I'll give you that, though with the amount of times he loses his man, I'd be wary of trusting him to hedge properly.

Purtle and Bebe are not really that mobile.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Completely forgot about Pascal. Fair, I'll give you that, though with the amount of times he loses his man, I'd be wary of trusting him to hedge properly.

Purtle and Bebe are not really that mobile.
                        Poeltl and Bebe aren't mobile? This is new to me. Pretty sure both players went in lottery and had a lot to with them being mobile 7 footers. I suggest you go read thier draftexpress profiles.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• https://medium.com/the-defeated/jona...04c#.3r89gbzif

Here's where that tweet came from.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Poeltl and Bebe aren't mobile? This is new to me. Pretty sure both players went in lottery and had a lot to with them being mobile 7 footers. I suggest you go read thier draftexpress profiles.

they are both more mobile than JV. Alot more, and Poeltl moreso than Bebe, but Bebe makes up for it with length.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Good read thanks for sharing.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It confirms what many of us have seen this season.

Our Net rtg is +4.9 with JV on the court and +14.4 with JV on the bench.

That's significant and shouldn't just be ignored...

Comment

Working...
                                X