Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Love your effort to switch this to a debate about Demar..... However, Demar isn't going anywhere and this is his team (like it or not). JV's playing style just doesn't fit with this team and his defence is HORRIBLE. So much so that he's not finishing games and has trouble with mediocre and elite teams.

So we get it.... you never liked Demar and he was the first guy you went to look at his stats to save JV. But it's pointless because this is Kyle and Demar's team. They are the ALL-STARS.... not JV.

Instead of trying to prove a useless point, let's try to see who actually fits with this team so that we can be better and maybe, just maybe, try to beat the Cavs.
    present stats showing JV in a negative light = "That's significant and shouldn't just be ignored."

present exact similar stats showing demar in a negative light = "oh you just hate demar!"

you sound like some mindless trump supporting drone that can't have a conversation about anything without yelling.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      I don't know where the hyperbole about JV's defence being "awful" and "horrible" crept into this thread, but it's flat out wrong.
      Can't be a good defender unless you're blocking shatzz, am i right

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Maybe my viewpoint is overly rosy, but maybe Casey thinks his timing will improve? Even when we were hedge heavy 2 years ago, JV only hedged 1.7% of the time. Casey didn't seem to trust him back then.

Someone implied earlier if slow foot Marc Gasol can play quality D why can't JV. Maybe 6-7 extra years experience?
        I do wonder if the changing of schemes annually has actually hindered his timing.

To go from a hedge heavy to ICE heavy to somewhere in between would make it harder for a guy to study game film in a concentrated manner. Considering the experience factor of playing good help defence, this could actually be a contributing factor to his timing issues.

Personally, don't like the hedge with JV ever, it's a low percentage play no matter what. There's 7' mobility then there's 7' on the perimeter mobility and that's just too much to ask. I wouldn't play Bebe much with hedging either, he's ideal to ICE because of his length and is better at using that than moving his feet fast enough to hedge. Patterson is the only big I would feel overly confident hedging on this roster.

And if people are concerned about JVs ability to guard the PnR, can't wait to see how they react to Sully.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I do wonder if the changing of schemes annually has actually hindered his timing.

To go from a hedge heavy to ICE heavy to somewhere in between would make it harder for a guy to study game film in a concentrated manner. Considering the experience factor of playing good help defence, this could actually be a contributing factor to his timing issues.

Personally, don't like the hedge with JV ever, it's a low percentage play no matter what. There's 7' mobility then there's 7' on the perimeter mobility and that's just too much to ask. I wouldn't play Bebe much with hedging either, he's ideal to ICE because of his length and is better at using that than moving his feet fast enough to hedge. Patterson is the only big I would feel overly confident hedging on this roster.

And if people are concerned about JVs ability to guard the PnR, can't wait to see how they react to Sully.
          guarantee there are some who will just turn around and parrot back all of the points that have been made about JV.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Thx. The ORtg off split is interesting. Will is the guy I trust most at RR. Said this pre jv controversy and not a slight on any other contributor. His reaction pods are spot on imo.
            lol at "controversy"

I know it gets treated as such even in the media but I guess Raptor fans have to freak out about something at all times.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Love your effort to switch this to a debate about Demar..... However, Demar isn't going anywhere and this is his team (like it or not). JV's playing style just doesn't fit with this team and his defence is HORRIBLE. So much so that he's not finishing games and has trouble with mediocre and elite teams.

So we get it.... you never liked Demar and he was the first guy you went to look at his stats to save JV. But it's pointless because this is Kyle and Demar's team. They are the ALL-STARS.... not JV.

Instead of trying to prove a useless point, let's try to see who actually fits with this team so that we can be better and maybe, just maybe, try to beat the Cavs.
              Man, the mental gymnastics at display here are impressive.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Except you can't ICE high screen and rolls and that's where opponents are putting JV in trouble, so, he's just falling back and that's creating wide open looks from three for opponents. That's the entirety of the issue with JV. The Raps scheme is conservative but teams have adjusted. The Raps start that way and then have to adjust otherwise they'd just get shredded from downtown. It's also not just a Raptors issue or a JV issue. I've noticed the same thing happening in a lot of NBA games this season.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  present stats showing JV in a negative light = "That's significant and shouldn't just be ignored."

present exact similar stats showing demar in a negative light = "oh you just hate demar!"

you sound like some mindless trump supporting drone that can't have a conversation about anything without yelling.
                  Lol - You take it all so personal. Relax....

Check the threads and come back to reality. I fed you a bucket of crow over the years. Remember? Trust me on this one.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I don't know where the hyperbole about JV's defence being "awful" and "horrible" crept into this thread, but it's flat out wrong.
                    it came from a certain special one.

one who believes he decides which players can and cannot be examined using certain stats.

one who thinks that anyone who criticized (justifiably) derozan at any point ever is a "hater"

one who can't (or won't) comprehend that demar has only gotten good because he's gotten more selective with his shots, because he ignores any attempt to explain that fact.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

one who believes he decides which players can and cannot be examined using certain stats.

one who thinks that anyone who criticized (justifiably) derozan at any point ever is a "hater"

one who can't (or won't) comprehend that demar has only gotten good because he's gotten more selective with his shots, because he ignores any attempt to explain that fact.
                      I think I know whom you are talking about, this individual needs special treatment, whole trio does.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

LOL. I'm honoured that you took the time to get to know me so well.

I know you guys are trying to paint me as the villain but it's a feeble attempt, I promise you.

Demar is now the face of the franchise. Im not going to apologize for foreseeing the multiple All-Star nods.

JV is looking like a role player and has problems because of "matchups."

Why are you upset with me? Is it my fault things didn't go as we all wanted with regards to JV? Everyone is somewhat disappointed, not just the JV fan club.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          I think I know whom you are talking about, this individual needs special treatment, whole trio does.
                          Really sad that you blame JV's struggles on us.....Like we can get a square peg into a round hole.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm very surprised that y'all are still fighting about DD, JV.

I mean, I get it that most of us are kinda 'attached' to certain player.. but what the fu*k guys. This is not about DD or JV. It's about the team. The Toronto Raptors.

At least Masai is different from us, lol obv. He's all about the winning right now IMO. Although we might find out real Masai's identity in the coming years! I still can't figure him out
                            Last edited by rocwell; Sun Dec 11, 2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Really sad that you blame JV's struggles on us.....Like we can get a square peg into a round hole.
                              I'm not blaming, just saying, that you guys sound like a broken record, it get's so repetitive and annoying you don't even want to come back to the forums or "discuss" anything with you guys as when someone invests time into a well thought and fact/statistic backed up response you reply with your opinion. Every single time.

We get it JV sucks on defense, trade him or use him. Don't need to bring it up to every single thread. It's just frustrating to read.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

LOL. I'm honoured that you took the time to get to know me so well.

I know you guys are trying to paint me as the villain but it's a feeble attempt, I promise you.

Demar is now the face of the franchise. Im not going to apologize for foreseeing the multiple All-Star nods.

JV is looking like a role player and has problems because of "matchups."

Why are you upset with me? Is it my fault things didn't go as we all wanted with regards to JV? Everyone is somewhat disappointed, not just the JV fan club.
                                how could anyone not know you by now? you basically say the same thing in every thread.

and nobody really cares that you called the all star nods, but it's just funny to watch you pat yourself on the back for it considering derozan became better by doing exactly what the people who were his "haters" said he needed to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X