Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    As a jv supporter, one thing I've noticed through his mini slump is he needs to go up stronger. You're not gonna get the call on these little fancy hook and scoop shots, he needs to act like DeAndre jordan and try and slam it with force. Even if he gets rejected he'll have a better chance at drawing the foul where he's an 80% shooter
    absolutely. take it up stronger big fella.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      As a jv supporter, one thing I've noticed through his mini slump is he needs to go up stronger. You're not gonna get the call on these little fancy hook and scoop shots, he needs to act like DeAndre jordan and try and slam it with force. Even if he gets rejected he'll have a better chance at drawing the foul where he's an 80% shooter
      Well he isn't athletic enough to try and dunk everything like DJ, but he should be more physical and go into the body of his opponents when he is posting up.

Comment

• What if JV was shooting the three ball?

Hell, Marc Casol and Brook Lopez takes a lot per game

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          What if JV was shooting the three ball?

Honestly... It would be awkward

Comment

• So jv has a dfg℅ of 55 inside 6ft which is around avg but 56℅ frequency is 2nd worst behind Myles Turner. He's top 10 in dfga and dfgm at any distance among centers.
            He's in the basement with bad company in blocks. Worse in steals but company not quite so bad.
            Put backs was interesting, top 10 in attempts league wide but very poor percentage. Really incomparable to other big men. Pau and Monroe have similar ℅ but less than half the attempts. This is something jv is good at in the past so he should improve and it will help.
            His pace on offense is slow but he has good company there. His pace on D is surprisingly kinda fast with more slight guys like Henson.
            He gets a pathetic amount of post touches with a great fg℅. Like fucking biz gets more posts touches with a little less fga and a crap ℅!!!
            All these are things that people have been saying and I've seen with my eyes but the stats confirm and good too see vs the league.
            We are putting jv in a less than advantageous position. He's trying his best and he's not put in a position to succeed as much as he is capable. His best skills are wasted on offense and his biggest weaknesses are exploited on defense. I think some already know this but seems to me it's happening on paper too.

Basketball is more fun to play or watch than to look at on spreadsheets! I'm sure of that.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              We are putting jv in a less than advantageous position. He's trying his best and he's not put in a position to succeed as much as he is capable. His best skills are wasted on offense and his biggest weaknesses are exploited on defense. I think some already know this but seems to me it's happening on paper too.
              Yeah and that's have been always the case, but he is still only 24 years old and in last year playoffs after similar regular season he really shined before his ankle sprain.

Right now team is better suited to have defense minded frontcourt, but exactly how many C's are better on defense, available and you'd like to have them on the team for next 3 years?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Honestly... It would be awkward
                Well the last couple of seasons, he had an "awkward" post game, but it was still effective

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                  Yeah and that's have been always the case, but he is still only 24 years old and in last year playoffs after similar regular season he really shined before his ankle sprain.

Right now team is better suited to have defense minded frontcourt, but exactly how many C's are better on defense, available and you'd like to have them on the team for next 3 years?
                  Defensively he has regressed since his rookie yr. The trend of the league and his body suggest it will get worse imo.
                  Yes, jv was great in the playoffs. Our guards shit the bed. Perhaps we see our current offense in the playoffs and jv doesn't get the ball. Perhaps jv bails us out again. Matchups vs horford or Drummond play a factor, as did a rookie Turner.

Bogut and noel are two off the top of my head. Certainly more but I don't know who is actually available?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    What if JV was shooting the three ball?

Then we'd likely see one attempt per twenty games and the rest would be painfully predictable pumpfakes followed by the world's slowest drive to the basket.

Comment

• 2013:

Few months ago:

NOW:

Is he trying out for the AHL team? If not.. this kid needs some help. Loss to the Cavs affected him more than anyone else.. There's no other explanation.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Is he trying out for the AHL team? If not.. this kid needs some help. Loss to the Cavs affected him more than anyone else.. There's no other explanation.
                        Lol this is classic "I'm married, so I'm going to stop giving a shit about my looks."

A bowl cut? Really JV?!
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Lol this is classic "I'm married, so I'm going to stop giving a shit about my looks."

A bowl cut? Really JV?!
                          He got into a fight with his barber. Only other explaination.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            He got into a fight with his barber. Only other explaination.
                            I was thinking that it was mandated by his significant other - potentially reducing the number of women on the road who might approach him.

Comment

• All I want for Christmas is for JV to get a haircut
                              OG is our king

Comment

• Trade him and let him resurrect his career somewhere else.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X