Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    LOL, then what ??!! You boys need to make up your mind about why JV is not on the floor in the 4th quarter because lets face it, the moment KL signs his new deal, nothing will change for next 4 years.

This is KL and DD's team and everyone else is expandable
    JV is not on the floor sometimes because Casey doesn't want him on the floor. That does not make it the right decision.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      LOL, then what ??!! You boys need to make up your mind about why JV is not on the floor in the 4th quarter because lets face it, the moment KL signs his new deal, nothing will change for next 4 years.

This is KL and DD's team and everyone else is expandable
      oh god i hope not

Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Dec 31, 2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Offense isn't the problem with jv. He is a good fit with our guards there because he runs pick and roll well and is a good offensive rebounder and finisher around the rim. A post up play is just iso ball btw just with a bigger player.

Defensively is where he's not just a bad fit with our stars he's just not good in general. Too slow, not athletic and doesn't have the motor to make up for either of those things at the position that is meant to anchor your defense. We might be able to get away with it if we had a dpoy candidate at the 4 but we don't and even then he'd still be an issue defensively.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Kanter is a bad compare for JV. JV is pretty meh defensively overall, and definitely has his weaknesses. But Kanter is truly brutal - completely useless on that end. Kanter is indeed a slightly better (or at least more used and proven) offensive player, but overall is not nearly the same level of all around contributor as JV is due to his horrendous defence.

There's basically no evidence that JV is anywhere near a comparable defender to Kanter in any way that would relegate him to a career bench player like Kanter is.
          He's not a bad comparison for jv at all. If anything he's slightly better than him offensively and slightly worse on the other end.

Comment

• Bebe has 3+ seasons, 730 career mins. 1 start. Borderline 4th yr summer league. That's a lot closer to dleague than 4+ seasons, 8200 mins, 300 starts, 5th (highest) pick on the team. Bebe is overachieving, jv is underachieving atm. 24/20 mins split this month. I'd have guessed preseason 30/14 or maybe rookie yak stealing some bebe mins. Good on bebe but he's not a "foundational" piece. Both look like one-way role players atm.
            We need defense at center. Casey is not wrong about that. He shouldnt have to rely on pat as much as he does.

Comment

JV is not on the floor sometimes because Casey doesn't want him on the floor. That does not make it the right decision.
              He is the coach that just got extension from the GM and took this team to palces it has never been. I find it hard to beleive he will be let go before some changes to the personel

Comment

He is the coach that just got extension from the GM and took this team to palces it has never been. I find it hard to beleive he will be let go before some changes to the personel
                I agree he won't get let go. He could very well change his rotation choices - it's happened enough already, why would we assume anything is set in stone now?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree he won't get let go. He could very well change his rotation choices - it's happened enough already, why would we assume anything is set in stone now?
                  What rotational changes are you suggesting ? On the offence, defence ? Can you elaborate more ...

Comment

What rotational changes are you suggesting ? On the offence, defence ? Can you elaborate more ...
                    What rotational choices am I always suggesting? More JV in the 4th, Patterson starting, more small ball to free up minutes for Powell.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What rotational choices am I always suggesting? More JV in the 4th, Patterson starting, more small ball to free up minutes for Powell.
                      More JV in the 4th : Maybe it is because he does not know how to defend with JV on the floor in the crunch time ?
                      Patterson Startin: Maybe it is because he wants an experience guy off the bench when Bebe is on the floor to cover or some of his mistakes.

More Small Ball: Wouldn't that take away from JV and patterson time on the floor that now everyone wants more of it ??

I really don't think it is as simple as some of you think when you are set that your two STARS are KL and DD. KL and DD basically dictate who else is on the floor to complelemnt their games.

Comment

More JV in the 4th : Maybe it is because he does not know how to defend with JV on the floor in the crunch time ?
                        Patterson Startin: Maybe it is because he wants an experience guy off the bench when Bebe is on the floor to cover or some of his mistakes.

More Small Ball: Wouldn't that take away from JV and patterson time on the floor that now everyone wants more of it ??

I really don't think it is as simple as some of you think when you are set that your two STARS are KL and DD. KL and DD basically dictate who else is on the floor to complelemnt their games.
                        How would more small ball bench lineups take away time from JV and Pat if Pat starts?

Maybe they do want an experienced guy off the bench to cover BeBe's mistakes. Wouldn't that logic apply to JV's mistakes too? And wouldn't that logic not apply at all last year when Biz was the guy covering for everyone's mistakes, and Pat still came off the bench?

All evidence when JV has been on the floor with the closing lineup is that the Raptors will outscore their opposition more often than not. There are a few specific matchups where it makes sense to have Pat at C instead, but not many.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How would more small ball bench lineups take away time from JV and Pat if Pat starts?

Maybe they do want an experienced guy off the bench to cover BeBe's mistakes. Wouldn't that logic apply to JV's mistakes too? And wouldn't that logic not apply at all last year when Biz was the guy covering for everyone's mistakes, and Pat still came off the bench?

All evidence when JV has been on the floor with the closing lineup is that the Raptors will outscore their opposition more often than not. There are a few specific matchups where it makes sense to have Pat at C instead, but not many.
                          In your original post you said more small ball and not more bench small ball !!! This is why I said that would take away from Pat and JV ...

If you have to choose covering for Bebe vs JV, I think the coach will go with Bebe since JV has been here longer and the expectation is higher. I think with " Limited resources" you will try to cover for your weakest point which is Bebe in comparison with JV.

As far as your lasy point with the offence being better with JV on the floor in the closing minutes, how is the defence ? Is the defence better as well because if that is the case, then there is no excuse for Casey to not have JV on the floor .

Comment

In your original post you said more small ball and not more bench small ball !!! This is why I said that would take away from Pat and JV ...

If you have to choose covering for Bebe vs JV, I think the coach will go with Bebe since JV has been here longer and the expectation is higher. I think with " Limited resources" you will try to cover for your weakest point which is Bebe in comparison with JV.

As far as your lasy point with the offence being better with JV on the floor in the closing minutes, how is the defence ? Is the defence better as well because if that is the case, then there is no excuse for Casey to not have JV on the floor .
                            As I've said many times, Casey doesn't always make the best decisions.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              As I've said many times, Casey doesn't always make the best decisions.
                              That would be true if we are better team DEFENSIVELY with JV on the floor at the end of the games.

Comment

That would be true if we are better team DEFENSIVELY with JV on the floor at the end of the games.
                                Okay then why does Siakam continue to start when the starting lineup + Patterson is significantly better offensively and defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X