Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Would also be nice if he had some lateral quickness.
    Or the ball on those rolls after his screens.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Some lighter fare:

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Superstar center

Get a haircut ffs

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Superstar center

Get a haircut ffs
          Superstar (*wink*) centre.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Terrible terrible game. That sequence in the 4th was the worst I've ever seen him play.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Terrible terrible game. That sequence in the 4th was the worst I've ever seen him play.
              I agree that was a terrible sequence, but it's odd to let a couple bad minutes colour the entire game. He was a big reason they were staying afloat through the first three quarters.

I thought it was odd they went back to JV-Siakam late when BeBe-Poeltl was working so well and we had a decent lead. At least let Poeltl stay out there - he was tremendous at PF with the bench.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I agree that was a terrible sequence, but it's odd to let a couple bad minutes colour the entire game. He was a big reason they were staying afloat through the first three quarters.

I thought it was odd they went back to JV-Siakam late when BeBe-Poeltl was working so well and we had a decent lead. At least let Poeltl stay out there - he was tremendous at PF with the bench.
                Yeah it was weird seeing Siakam out there near the end. Casey probably trotted him out there and told him to pretend he's Pat.
                OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  Yeah it was weird seeing Siakam out there near the end. Casey probably trotted him out there and told him to pretend he's Pat.
                  Casey has no choice though. Who else would you rather have out there playing the 4 besides JV? Carroll? Bebe? Poeltl? just not a good combination.

I would've left Bebe/Poeltl out there but whatever.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Casey has no choice though. Who else would you rather have out there playing the 4 besides JV? Carroll? Bebe? Poeltl? just not a good combination.

I knew Bebe was probably going to leave because he had already played for most of the quarter and the one before. Wish that Poeltl at least stayed in. Some people talked about playing JV and Poeltl together when he was first drafted and it would be interesting to see how that would turn out.
                    OG is our king

Comment

• JV and Siakim were the only bigs rebounding on D.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Literally any of those would be better options. Casey has lots of choices. Would definitely have been interesting to see Poeltl get that run, he was really solid in his time on the court. It's not like Casey cared about spacing offensively with Siakam out there. We know that JV/Siakam doesn't work, why not try literally anything else? I personally would have gone big again (with one of BeBe or Poeltl beside JV) if you want JV back out there. But I don't see why they went away from what was working in the first place. They had a near-20 point lead, that's exactly the situation where you let your bench see if they can hold it, give your starters some rest, and bring them back IF the bench lets the opposition back within 10.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Literally any of those would be better options. Casey has lots of choices. Would definitely have been interesting to see Poeltl get that run, he was really solid in his time on the court. It's not like Casey cared about spacing offensively with Siakam out there. We know that JV/Siakam doesn't work, why not try literally anything else? I personally would have gone big again (with one of BeBe or Poeltl beside JV) if you want JV back out there. But I don't see why they went away from what was working in the first place. They had a near-20 point lead, that's exactly the situation where you let your bench see if they can hold it, give your starters some rest, and bring them back IF the bench lets the opposition back within 10.
                          Absolutely agree.

I actually would like to see JV next to Bebe specifically (Bebe played quite a few minutes at the four with the 905 and, while it's not the same level of competition, with Pat out; it's worth a look at). Same with Poeltl for that matter. I'd actually rather see both attempt playing the four instead of Siakam.

I saw someone state that Siakam might be more of a small 5 then an actual 4 and I'm starting to think that might be a more accurate description.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Such an obvious troll...

He never cries on calls or acts like a kid...Considering how Casey treats him, he has been quite patient and mature about it.

JV isn't the only reason why the defense is bad. Carroll is bad, Derozan is average and Siakam is bad. Combine all of that plus JV and you have a shitty defense. As DanH always says, you can just plug in Patterson (a very good team defender) and the defense improves quite a bit.

JV carried this team in the first round against the Pacers and Heat before he got injured.
                            Wow..Troll,me..interesting,no need 2 b impolite. I'm not gonna call u names,but u have ure opinion,that's cool.
                            Anyway,u just answered the problem with JV,he don't play fourth quarter,that's the most important time of the GAME..The last five minutes of the game is decided,based on most games that are close and his never in the game. If Biz was still here,he might get all but d@#k in the 4th,so yeah..if u think u can win with him a championship,ure dreaming..I don't have nothing against JV,but his not the solution. Solution could b Marc Gasol, great defender,passer,very underrated player,u put him in this system with Demar and Kyle,it would b scary.

P.S

This team needs some veterans,playoff ready 2 go against Cleveland.
                            If I was Musai Ujiri, Memphis Grizzlies would b a ideal good trade partners for playoff's run and cap,for down the road..If it don't work out,hey..at least u cleared some cap space.
                            Ie..Marc Gasol,Tony Allen,Vince Carter,Zach Randolph..really good players,who are hungry for Championship.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              If I was Musai Ujiri, Memphis Grizzlies would b a ideal good trade partners for playoff's run and cap,for down the road..If it don't work out,hey..at least u cleared some cap space.
                              Ie..Marc Gasol,Tony Allen,Vince Carter,Zach Randolph..really good players,who are hungry for Championship.
                              Thad'b great if they were selling, but only 1 players of that crop that is worth trading for is Marc Gasol and they are not trading him. It require a lot to bring Milsap on half year rental, bringing Marc on his contract would require kings ransom, even if they were considering it. Also these players are not much more experienced in playoffs, Conley has 50 games, Gasol 53, while Kyle/DD/PPat/Ross each 31.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Wow..Troll,me..interesting,no need 2 b impolite. I'm not gonna call u names,but u have ure opinion,that's cool.
                                Anyway,u just answered the problem with JV,he don't play fourth quarter,that's the most important time of the GAME..The last five minutes of the game is decided,based on most games that are close and his never in the game. If Biz was still here,he might get all but d@#k in the 4th,so yeah..if u think u can win with him a championship,ure dreaming..I don't have nothing against JV,but his not the solution. Solution could b Marc Gasol, great defender,passer,very underrated player,u put him in this system with Demar and Kyle,it would b scary.

P.S

Never said that did I?

I'm not forming an opinion either, just saying what you stated is incredibly inaccurate.

If he gets traded for the right price/players, I honestly wouldn't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X