Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    You can only be patient for so long...

That could be one explanation as to why he has been like this. He just gave up on this team and is just going through the motions waiting for something to happen.
    If JV's given up and stopped trying because of a lack of touches, he's 100% a cancer (I don't think that's the case btw I think he's just struggling). That's not something you want to see out of your players. You play hard no matter what.

Comment

• If JV was as unhappy with the organization and his team mates as some claim, why hasn't he asked to be traded. Yeah, the Raptors may not leak, but other teams involved in trade talks often seem to leak shit, yet nothing.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        If JV was as unhappy with the organization and his team mates as some claim, why hasn't he asked to be traded. Yeah, the Raptors may not leak, but other teams involved in trade talks often seem to leak shit, yet nothing.
        I think it is well known that JV is one of the great team mates in the league. All about winning. For one, as long as the team is doing good, so is he. I am merely saying that he is being dealt a bad hand.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I just want to say, in ten years I have a feeling we're going to look back and realize that the handling and development of JV was one of the great failures of our organization.

You send JV to Gregg Popovich and his story turns out entirely different. And it may yet do so.
          You send Demar to Pop, he becomes a HOFer
          You send Ross to Pop, he becomes Klay
          You send Patterson to Pop, he becomes Millsap

IF Lebron had Pop, he would have more than 3 rings
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
            If JV's given up and stopped trying because of a lack of touches, he's 100% a cancer (I don't think that's the case btw I think he's just struggling). That's not something you want to see out of your players. You play hard no matter what.
            Yeah I don't think thats the case either. Hopefully if he gets out of this funk he is in. Who knows, maybe he just needs a haircut

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              You send Demar to Pop, he becomes a HOFer
              You send Ross to Pop, he becomes Klay
              You send Patterson to Pop, he becomes Millsap

IF Lebron had Pop, he would have more than 3 rings
              Hell he would have turned Bargnani into Nowitzki.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                This guy is done in the current enviroment and in this system.

He is DONE ...
                Did you say the same thing when demar derozan had a god awful month on the biggest stage of them all in may 2016? Did you say it twice and capitalize it the 2nd time?

Some of you guys are so reactionary. It's a SLUMP. My god he's 24
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Did you say the same thing when demar derozan had a god awful month on the biggest stage of them all in may 2016? Did you say it twice and capitalize it the 2nd time?

Some of you guys are so reactionary. It's a SLUMP. My god he's 24
                  Let's not forget that DeMar turned around his previously moribund play partway through his own age 24 season (2013-14). And DD before his turnaround was dramatically worse than JV has been so far - JV's struggles on defence are at least offset by his incredible efficiency and rebounding, which adds up to him posting franchise record WS rates. DeMar was just as bad defensively and couldn't break league average in win creation because of his horrendous efficiency and lack of all around game.

If DD can transform his offensive game from that to where it is now, there's no reason to believe a young centre can't do the same defensively, when that's the book on young big men anyway, that most of them take time to learn NBA defence.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Should have moved Cement Shoes when he was still worth something.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                      Should have moved Cement Shoes when he was still worth something.
                      I don't understand the point of name calling of one of our own players?! Like what the fuck. He's still a player of our team and should be encouraged. Not namecalled.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Personally I'm not so enamoured with jvs ts℅ that I can overlook his defence, especially when his offensive usage is low and IMO we need a 3rd star whom will take even more shots away from jv.
                        On defence, jv lacks athleticism and IQ to read plays. This doesn't bode well for improvement, especially as a new generation enters the league with a skill set and athleticism that can exploit jvs weaknesses.
                        It's not impossible to correct this to degree but if we narrow the window around Lowry than imo it's better to get a 5 that can fill this role at the highest possible level, asap.
                        Yes, Millsap will help jv but imo I don't want to hide any center on defense. I don't think that's championship bball.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          I don't understand the point of name calling of one of our own players?! Like what the fuck. He's still a player of our team and should be encouraged. Not namecalled.
                          One of the worst aspects of fan boards. One side insults a struggling player and others snipe along, then those who like the player start insulting other players on the team in some bizarre retribution thing. One of the pathetic aspects of human behaviour.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Hell he would have turned Bargnani into Nowitzki.
                            That may be a stretch.....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Let's not forget that DeMar turned around his previously moribund play partway through his own age 24 season (2013-14). And DD before his turnaround was dramatically worse than JV has been so far - JV's struggles on defence are at least offset by his incredible efficiency and rebounding, which adds up to him posting franchise record WS rates. DeMar was just as bad defensively and couldn't break league average in win creation because of his horrendous efficiency and lack of all around game.

If DD can transform his offensive game from that to where it is now, there's no reason to believe a young centre can't do the same defensively, when that's the book on young big men anyway, that most of them take time to learn NBA defence.
                              Way too soon to give up on JV. Remember how many years Bulls waited on Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry? We cannot trade him. Patience is hard but we all need to be patient. DD is the perfect example of the rewards of being patient.

Comment

• Well, here it is in a Zach Lowe article from the horse's mouth:

Post-up bigs who can't shoot 3s or defend smaller players -- Greg Monroe, Jahlil Okafor, Al Jefferson, Enes Kanter, Nikola Vucevic -- have already been relegated to bench roles. The nostalgic worry Houston-style offenses might play them out of the league entirely.

"If your big guys don't dominate, you have to go small," Casey said. "I tell Jonas [Valanciunas]: 'Oh, you want to play more? Then dominate. I don't want to see fadeaways over 6-8 guys. Get to the rim. Get every offensive rebound. If not, you're coming out.'"
                                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ring-explosion

Casey is right about the fadeaways. But it also shows that Jonas wants to play more, which might explain his growing apathy.

Comment

Working...
                                X