Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    So he doesn't fit in this league but will have significant trade value? Not really seeing the logic there.

Frankly, I don't see the logic in him not fitting in this league in the first place, but the combination of opinions makes absolutely no sense.
    It makes perfect sense because I don't think every GM has caught on to the way the game is being played and what works and what doesn't which is particularily evident with many of the lottery teams. So I think some teams will still love seeing his rebounding numbers, that he has some offensive touch and isn't completely overpaid. But if you do understand that he is simply too slow for the speed of today's game (which again I don't think every team has caught on but instead focus on certain stats to think he is still a "good player" to trade for) you trade him now before it becomes more and more glaringly apparent.

It will become PAINFULLY obvious when there is no Bismack this time around and the Cavs have JV tripping over his own feet on route to a thorough ass kicking from the Cavs (should we be lucky enough to make the ECF again. If we wait until GMs get to see this, his value won't be nearly as much as it probably is now. We need to move him.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      It makes perfect sense because I don't think every GM has caught on to the way the game is being played and what works and what doesn't which is particularily evident with many of the lottery teams. So I think some teams will still love seeing his rebounding numbers, that he has some offensive touch and isn't completely overpaid. But if you do understand that he is simply too slow for the speed of today's game (which again I don't think every team has caught on but instead focus on certain stats to think he is still a "good player" to trade for) you trade him now before it becomes more and more glaringly apparent.

It will become PAINFULLY obvious when there is no Bismack this time around and the Cavs have JV tripping over his own feet on route to a thorough ass kicking from the Cavs (should we be lucky enough to make the ECF again. If we wait until GMs get to see this, his value won't be nearly as much as it probably is now. We need to move him.
      Ah, so you can see it, but the NBA GM's have no idea, which is why the trade market for a guy like Vuc or Monroe has been hopping over the past year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Ah, so you can see it, but the NBA GM's have no idea, which is why the trade market for a guy like Vuc or Monroe has been hopping over the past year.
        For one, the only name that was shopped was also by far the worst defender, worst rebounder and the highest paid of the 3 in Monroe, whereas Jonas is probably the best defending (in the post) and rebounding.

Which also can be turned back at you then are you saying there is no market for JV or do you just like to make smug comments?!??

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          For one, the only name that was shopped was also by far the worst defender, worst rebounder and the highest paid of the 3 in Monroe, whereas Jonas is probably the best defending (in the post) and rebounding.

Which also can be turned back at you then are you saying there is no market for JV or do you just like to make smug comments?!??
          The Magic tried all year to move Vuc, no takers.

I'm saying, as I always have, that JV is more valuable to his team than his detractors suppose and less valuable in the trade market than those who would trade him suppose. The only JV trade that would actually make the team better would be one with an established all star coming back, and no one is trading an established all star for JV because of his low minutes/usage on this team.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV is definitely an NBA C. He MAY not fit the system that the Raps play, but he would fit on Dallas, Detroit, Memphis...teams that keep the C closer to the block, who use zones more frequently, or who ICE everything. Luckily, the game slows down in the playoffs. JV's ability to post up is a bonus in the playoffs. The game slows down ...

What team doesn't want a C that plays in a way that works best in the playoffs? That's the most important time of the year, isn't it?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              JV is definitely an NBA C. He MAY not fit the system that the Raps play, but he would fit on Dallas, Detroit, Memphis...teams that keep the C closer to the block, who use zones more frequently, or who ICE everything. Luckily, the game slows down in the playoffs. JV's ability to post up is a bonus in the playoffs. The game slows down ...

What team doesn't want a C that plays in a way that works best in the playoffs? That's the most important time of the year, isn't it?
              Agreed. We just don't use JV correctly here and THAT'S the real issue. Not JV himself as much. Yes it would be great if JV were quicker and more agile but you can win with a centre like him, you just have to use him correctly. And his game is perfect for the playoffs. Teams are going to be double and triple teaming Demar and Kyle just like last year so at some point we are going to need JV to make plays. And he did an amazing job last year before he got hurt.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Easy to forget that JV is averaging a double double in under 30 minutes, and how important his physicality will be when we get into the playoffs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Easy to forget that JV is averaging a double double in under 30 minutes, and how important his physicality will be when we get into the playoffs.
                  Very true. Didn't even realize he is averaging a double double. How many people are even doing that this year?
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Very true. Didn't even realize he is averaging a double double. How many people are even doing that this year?
                    12 guys are averaging a double/double with points and rebounds:

Westbrook, Cousins, Davis, Towns, Love, Whiteside, Drummond, Howard, Gobert, Jordan, JV and Gortat.

JV is doing it with the least minutes played.. but he's also just 11th on the list in PPG (Gortat is 12th) and 12th in RPG.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      12 guys are averaging a double/double with points and rebounds:

Westbrook, Cousins, Davis, Towns, Love, Whiteside, Drummond, Howard, Gobert, Jordan, JV and Gortat.

JV is doing it with the least minutes played.. but he's also just 11th on the list in PPG (Gortat is 12th) and 12th in RPG.
                      Very good company .

Comment

• JV Snubbed by Bleacher Report's "Big Man" Power Rankings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689907-big-man-power-rankings-is-joel-embiid-really-the-nbas-most-skilled?

Sure, he's been underperforming, but is Jonas really not one of the top 25 bigs in the league? Take it with a grain of salt; I honestly think it's a bs article, classic Bleacher Report style. Still, it's annoying.

Shout out to Bebe for making the cut at #25 though! 😂

Comment

• Evry time JV has an opportunity to shoot from mid range it looks to me like he is searching for Casey or Kyle to make sure that he can shoot it. Very weird.

Comment

• VanDrago wrote: View Post
                            Evry time JV has an opportunity to shoot from mid range it looks to me like he is searching for Casey or Kyle to make sure that he can shoot it. Very weird.
                            I think he's just trying to survey the other 4 guys to see if there's an open shooter to get the ball to, like he found Carroll today in one situation. It does look odd to see him spin around in circles while open though. It's a shame since he's a much better shooter when he's decisive.

Comment

• Looking much better. Has got some bounce in his step.

Comment

• seems like he is rounding into form a bit.

I seem to recall last year he came back from that hand injury playing very well in the 2nd half of the season. maybe he just really likes winter and spring lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X