Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonny Checks In:"After one of my best games so far","I went back home. I got robbed!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Checks In:"After one of my best games so far","I went back home. I got robbed!"

Hi everybody!

I’m in Moscow as I blog because we are going to play against CSKA in the Euroleague. Moscow is one of my favorite cities in Europe. It’s cold at this time, but it’s not so bad compared to when I was in Kazan… Man, my nose almost fell off! Anyway, injured Andrei Kirilenko won’t play so we may have a chance to win the game, but they are still a great team so if we play like we’ve been playing we’re definitely not going to win. We’re losing a lot of games. We play hard in practice, but we’re not doing that in games and that needs to change.

We need to get a couple more wins so we can still be in the race for the second round. If we don’t make it, then the season will be a waste to me. One of the main reasons I went to Europe is because I wanted to play in the Euroleague, the second most competitive league in the world. Going down so early in the competition would be a big disappointment to me. I’m committed for the whole year, though. Only time will tell what’s going to happen.

Anyway, this Europe experience is going to help me a lot when I go back to the States. I’m learning a lot about playing basketball. Besides, it’s a growing-up process – you’re away from everything that you’re used to. You start to be a man and that’s something I wanted to do and that’s why I made this decision.

Strange days over here, though. After one of my best games so far, where I finished with 22 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists against Brose Basket to win our first Euroleague game, I had a terrible surprise when I went back home. I got robbed! I had never been robbed in the States. I was like, “Man, what is going on? What is the world coming to?” They took some money and a couple of electronic things… Nothing serious, but there is something I was really sad about: They took my XBox! I paid like $500 for this one and now it’s gone. And they left the videogames!
    Source: HoopsHype.com

Oops, life in the fast lane? in Lithuania? Yes, what is the world coming to. But that was a nice post...I'm actually impressed with the content, style and grammar...he could get into the travelogue business. It's a weird feeling getting your place broken into (happened once to me in NY). You dont want to believe it but....

Comment

This has left me dumbfounded:
      Why would they steal an Xbox without the games???

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
        It's a new type of criminal that doesn't care about stealing but just wants to mess with your mind. lol

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
          I'm thinking you go for the most expensive, easy to carry stuff. He's a pro basketball player. He could install a 700lbs safe for little in pro baller money. Put some new, additional locks on the doors maybe?

Appropriate:

Sorry, inappropriate.

Comment

my house got broken into recently... and all that got stolen was my PS3..

not a fancy PS3... the old fat version

not the thousand dollar computer that was RIGHT BESIDE IT on the same shelf... the refurbed PS3 i got for like $150

not the usb cables, power cable, or monster hdmi cables... JUST the ps3

not my iphone, which is twice the value of the PS3 and was sitting on a sidetable, which they would have noticed VERY easily if they just looked to the right.

not the blu-ray player, tv, blu-ray/dvd collection, etc that was all within arms reach of the PS3... JUST the PS3

thieving children aren't know for their intelligence...

Comment

Working...
            X