Oden to the Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oden to the Heat?

Wow, if they get Greg Oden and he manages to stay healthy for the most part, that would be pretty dangerous to say the least...

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...at-sources-say

I think Oden takes the money of the highest bidder. This might be his last contract for all he knows.

Comment

Turns out Miami is pursuing every single player in the NBA, sources say.

Comment

Oden has a qualifying offer for $8.8M from Portland. He said in the summer the plan was to take it and become unrestricted next summer. Obviously things can change but I would think a full MLE (because that is the most MIA can offer) would be matched by Portland immediately.

Comment

Unless he gets a retarded multi-year contract from someone he's staying with Portland.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Putting big money on Oden is taking a flyer for sure, but there have been other notables that have come back from a multitude of injuries to have a productive career again. Big Z, Grant Hill, Antonio McDyess, come to mind.

Comment

I don't know about that...

Those guys are different. They had some sort of stretch of health, then got injured, then came back. He's never been healthy on the court:

What follows are just some of the injuries Oden has suffered in his basketball life.
              • In sixth grade, Oden underwent surgery to repair his hip . Following the surgery, one leg was then longer than the other, resulting in his unusual gait which is often misstaken for a limp.
              • His senior year of high school, Oden underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist , an injury that kept him out until December for his freshman year of college, after which he helped push his team to the NCAA Championship Game, only to fall short.
              • On September 13th, 2007, during preseason before his rookie season, he underwent microfracture surgery to repair his right knee. He would miss the entire 2007-2008 season.
              • Oden managed to return from his first microfracture surgery only to have Andrew Bynum land on his foot on October 28th, 2008, injuring it . He would miss only two weeks, though.
              • Then on February 13th, 2009, he bumped knees with Corey Maggette and chipped his left patella . It was the first injury sustained to his left knee and he missed three weeks due to it.
              • He recovered from that and 2009-2010 was set to be his year. He was looking very much like finally the player he was supposed to be. Then on December 5th, 2009, he landed without contact on his left leg, and badly fractured his left patella . His recovery was projected to take him right up until training camp of 2010.
              • After missing training camp, preseason, and the start of the regular season , and after saying he wouldn't return until he was 100% healthy but that he could still be an impact player and that he was not a bust, it was announced on November 17th, 2010 that Oden would undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee and would miss the entire 2010-2011 season.
              Source: CBS Sports

You have to wonder if a guy getting hurt so many times, so young can ever stay healthy. I mean people that age have the ability to endure stresses and recover from injuries at a level not seen again as they mature. He's been hampered with the sorts of problems you'd expect from a player at least ten years older.

Hill and McDyess were only shadows of themselves once they recovered enough to stay on the court again. They were both dominate prior. Oden has never been at a dominate level in the pros.

Comment

I was just saying that they were productive, and played a lot of games post injury wise. Here's hoping Oden plays a full season or even half a season.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  I was just saying that they were productive, and played a lot of games post injury wise. Here's hoping Oden plays a full season or even half a season.
                  I'd love for him to stay healthy, even if he never gets to the point that many thought he could. You've gotta feel bad for the guy. That last injury he had was so freak, it happened when he came down after going for a block...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3dcXWZuTWDM

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    I'd love for him to stay healthy, even if he never gets to the point that many thought he could. You've gotta feel bad for the guy. That last injury he had was so freak, it happened when he came down after going for a block...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3dcXWZuTWDM
                    Damn, I hate seeing knee injuries. That was pretty weird though. He has some brittle bones - kind of like an old lady with osteoporosis.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Oden has suffered yet another setback in his recovery though the details are not clear.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-deal-portland

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Oden has suffered yet another setback in his recovery though the details are not clear.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-deal-portland
                        Wow. Boy does it suck to be the Blazers right now. Oden might not play again, Roy is retiring and Aldridge has heart problems that are serious enough to be sidelining him. Damn, that's a trifecta of thoroughbreds going to the glue factory.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                          Wow. Boy does it suck to be the Blazers right now. Oden might not play again, Roy is retiring and Aldridge has heart problems that are serious enough to be sidelining him. Damn, that's a trifecta of thoroughbreds going to the glue factory.
                          Aldridge has had the heart issue for a while. I think he will be alright. Basically a tune up for his pacemaker. But I agree... wow... must be tough to be a Blazers fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X