Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stan Van Gundy requested to be fired by Dwight Howard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spurs don't use those guys as often as the other 3.

But, I see what you're saying.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If the magic are smart (they're not) they keep Stan and trade Dwight this offseason. SVG is a phenomenal coach and has the team a contender every year even though they only have 1 good player.

That said, they're going to fire Stan after the playoffs and keep dwight, who'll bolt next offseason.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        J.J Redick is having a really solid season. Ryan Anderson is in Most Improve Player award talks. Big Baby Davis was having a show out season. They have a solid surrounding team around Dwight. There just isn't another so-called "star" to help him.

Look at the top 4 teams in the league, they all have their star and another star, or all-star, or big time scorer/contributor.

OKC - Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka
        SAS - Duncan/Ginobili/Parker
        MIA - James/Wade/Bosh
        CHI - Rose/Boozer/Deng
        Reddick is ok, Anderson is a pretty good floor spacer but thats it. Big Baby davis isn't that good and he's a downgrade from Bass. They need at least one athletic wing who can slash and hit jumpers, they also need a better SF cause hedo isn't cutting it

Comment

It looks like stan is going to be fired, then Howard is going to leave.

Why not keep Stan if the chances are you are going to lose howard anyways?

I feel people are seriously undervaluing a really good coach like Van Gundy aslo. Their team is not well made (imo) yet they are in the playoffs. I say keep Stan.

Comment

like I said nobody is on the same page there. seems like stan, dwight,management, rest of players, are all on a different page from one another.

two options

blow that team the fuck up. You have only gone down hill since making it to the finals. we're idiots for bringing turkoglu back.

or

You gave dwight to much power. If I'm Otis, fire stan, then call in Dwight and say you got what you want, but, from here on in we do things my way!
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

i hope they blow up the entire team and send Dwight out west. We'll have a shitload of breathing room next season and playoffs will be easy to make.

Comment

Even if they do we're still not making the playoffs next year. We could be in contention for a while. But, it's too big of a jump unless we make a significant chabge to the roster via trade or fa.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  Even if they do we're still not making the playoffs next year. We could be in contention for a while. But, it's too big of a jump unless we make a significant chabge to the roster via trade or fa.
                  Well that is the plan...

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    This is why you should have watched games this season. Even if we don't make a single change we could sneak into the playoffs as long as key guys don't get injured. Once BC adds a good FA and we get our 2 lottery picks we will be significantly better than this season. We have a very high chance to make it next season, I'm not saying that its a sure thing but, its likely that we will.

Comment

Is it?

I should have been more specific, i'm talking like a big move. From what I understand it's not in the fold this year.

I think the last two years was to get under the cap, get a nice chunk of space to look at some guys this year, but, i think it's really about next summer.

Something/someone to good to pass could come up this summer and we have the space to make an offer. But, I don'tthink that's part of the plan this year.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        This is why you should have watched games this season. Even if we don't make a single change we could sneak into the playoffs as long as key guys don't get injured. Once BC adds a good FA and we get our 2 lottery picks we will be significantly better than this season. We have a very high chance to make it next season, I'm not saying that its a sure thing but, its likely that we will.
                        The games really has little to do with it. I mean I'm sure it's a source for optimism. But, kind of like I said above. It's a five year plan and Colangelo already had it played out last season.

I just don't think that's in his plans for this summer. Assuming he follows this five year plan.

Look, you guys are getting angry at me because I'm commenting and I haven't seen much of Casey's in season individual work.

But, looking back why did I need to? I can see he's overall dine a nice job. He's brang this defence from 21st to 12th which is great. But, the minute management is something that he needs to work on. Those can be seen by just checking post game box scores.

The reason I didn't want to watch was because flat out the book on this season minus some details was written before it started.

They didn't do anything out of what was expected. They were expected to be a lottery team and they we're. I mean maybe they did a little better expected to be bottom five and are 7th from the bottom.

But, if I did watch I'd be talking like some of you's all excited instead of being real. This way my expectations are low and i'm only setring
                        Myself up for surprise and joy.

I think i know the plan, i'm following it and overalk everything is right on track.

Nothing against you guys, i just don't feel the need to get all giddy at potential. I've done it before with this team and I'm not doing it again.

I'll be right with you guys as soon as we are in the playoffs.

Comment

Reddick is ok, Anderson is a pretty good floor spacer but thats it. Big Baby davis isn't that good and he's a downgrade from Bass. They need at least one athletic wing who can slash and hit jumpers, they also need a better SF cause hedo isn't cutting it
                          Anderson is not JUST a floor spacer. I mean, I agree with Reddick being a fair player, and Big Baby Davis not being the talent Bass is... But Anderson is a reason for at LEAST a handful of wins this season. He rebounds the ball fairly well, plays solid defense, good all-around skills, and then there is his perimeter offense which is tops in terms of big men. Versatile, skilled, he's the Luol deng of the Orlando Magic imo. Just a really nice gel player who can be a key player.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

but outside of that they suck ass. Hell we have better players besides dwight and anderson

Comment

but outside of that they suck ass. Hell we have better players besides dwight and anderson
                              They are headed for the bottom if Howard leaves them. All the more reason to suck up to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X