Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Nikos Pappas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Rambis was born in Indiana...

    Rony Seikaly is Lebanese born-American

    and Marko Jaric is Serbian.

    You have as many Serbian players as Greek players on a list describing Greek players.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

    Comment


    • #32
      Jake Tsakalidis is from Georgia.

      My statement stands: there hasn't been a Greek born and bred player that has been anything more than a bench warmer for one season in the NBA..... so far.

      Efthimios Rentzias, one season and 35 games,
      Antonis Fotsis, one season and 28 games,
      Andreas Glyniadakis, one season and 13 games,
      Vassilis Spanoulis, one season and 31 games

      Comment


      • #33
        Basilis wrote: View Post
        Rasho Nesterovic

        Kurt Rambis

        Rony Seikaly

        Peja Stojakovic

        Kostas Koufos

        Jake Tsakalidis

        Marko Jaric


        All of those Greek players had an impact in the NBA.
        Get your ass outta here. None of them are greek players

        Comment


        • #34
          Rasho Nesterovic

          Rony Seikaly

          Peja Stojakovic

          Jake Tsakalidis

          Marko Jaric


          Every single player listed there lived in Greece as kids, has Greek citizenship, played in Greek youth systems and then onto Greek pro ball.

          Rambis also has Greek citizenship and he did play in Greece BEFORE HE PLAYED IN NBA.

          Some people in this thread are being extremely rude, xenophobic, and ridiculous.
          Last edited by Basilis; Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            stretch wrote: View Post
            Jake Tsakalidis is from Georgia.

            My statement stands: there hasn't been a Greek born and bred player that has been anything more than a bench warmer for one season in the NBA..... so far.

            Efthimios Rentzias, one season and 35 games,
            Antonis Fotsis, one season and 28 games,
            Andreas Glyniadakis, one season and 13 games,
            Vassilis Spanoulis, one season and 31 games
            Rony Seikaly was raised in Greece. He spent his entire athletic and basketball development in Greece. Seikaly himself states that he is a Greek.
            Last edited by Basilis; Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:12 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Peja is from Serbia isn't he?
              Peja lives in Greece, has Greek citizenship, speaks Greek, served in Greek government, is married to a Greek, has Greek kids (were born in Greece), has lived in Greece since age 15.
              Last edited by Basilis; Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Basilis wrote: View Post
                Peja lives in Greece, has Greek citizenship, speaks Greek, served in Greek government, is married to a Greek, has Greek kids (were born in Greece), has lived in Greece since age 15.
                That's nice, but that doesn't change the fact that he's Serbian

                Comment


                • #38
                  Basilis wrote: View Post
                  Rasho Nesterovic

                  Rony Seikaly

                  Peja Stojakovic

                  Jake Tsakalidis

                  Marko Jaric


                  Every single player listed there lived in Greece as kids, has Greek citizenship, played in Greek youth systems and then onto Greek pro ball.

                  Rambis also has Greek citizenship and he did play in Greece BEFORE HE PLAYED IN NBA.

                  Some people in this thread are being extremely rude, xenophobic, and ridiculous.
                  Oops, sorry for being rude, xenophobic, and ridiculous. Didn't think the TRUTH would be so offensive. Who knows what you were trying to prove about Greek players anyways?!
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I enjoy watching the Greek National team in international competition. High IQ team. They pulled off one of the great FIBA upsets beating Wade, LeBron and company in 2006. Spanoulis is a great international point guard. As for the original topic, I can't get excited by NP's NBA potential based totally on watching those youtube highlights.
                    Last edited by stretch; Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:13 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Nationalism here we go!

                      *Common in Europe
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Vykis wrote: View Post
                        That's nice, but that doesn't change the fact that he's Serbian
                        Peja tried numerous times to play for Greek national team and not for Serbia. It was his personal wish, because he considers his home country to be GREECE. Since he has lived there since he was 15 years old.

                        The ONLY reason he ever played for Serbian national team was because Greece made a law that Yugoslavian war refugees could not represent Greece, as to not inflame any potential political disputes.

                        Peja has said over and over, that his home country is Greece, and that's why he still lives there, and says he will always live there. That's why he raises his kids there, and said they would play for Greece if they ever get the chance.
                        Last edited by Basilis; Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Basilis wrote: View Post
                          Peja tried numerous times to play for Greek national team and not for Serbia. It was his personal wish, because he considers his home country to be GREECE. Since he has lived there since he was 15 years old.

                          The ONLY reason he ever played for Serbian national team was because Greece made a law that Yugoslavian war refugees could not represent Greece, as to not inflame any potential political disputes.

                          Peja has said over and over, that his home country is Greece, and that's why he still lives there, and says he will always live there. That's why he raises his kids there, and said they would play for Greece if they ever get the chance.
                          Cool story
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I dont think you understand the core concept of what a nationality is

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Vykis wrote: View Post
                              I dont think you understand the core concept of what a nationality is
                              No, you don't.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Typical debate about nationality with a Greek, you'll never win, don't try to prove your point.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X