NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    ...James' slow start and the difficulty of this league I'm betting on him being in the lotto.... I can't win without taking risks though.
    I'll take that bet. I'll wager my R2 against your R1 that I'll be in the playoffs.
    RR OG

Comment

• I like that confidence but one bet is enough for me. Let's see how you do against Axel. Are you starting McLaurin against Chicago?

Comment

...Are you starting McLaurin against Chicago?
        Nah. Chiago’s secondary with phenom Eddie Jackson are too strong a match-up. I’m starting Peyton Barber against the RB-friendly Giants.

RR OG

Comment

Oh he doesn't get my support. I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could have played out this sequence of events.

I too have my doubts he'll work his shit out. He sounds like the type who blames everyone but himself. We're watching the best reciever in the game being totally destroyed solely due to his own actions.

Do you think anyone will sign him?
          Doubt it now lol he says he's done with the NFL. I'm so tired of hearing about this guy for non-football related reasons. Hope he disappears for a while.

Comment

• Stopped paying attention to ball today after the Packers sealed their 3-0 start. Just checked in and HOT DAMN is my team killing it this week. Tucas must be kicking himself for parking Lindsay on the bench this week. He was one of the few guys keeping Denver in that game against the Packers. That Packers defense is legit.

Comment

Stopped paying attention to ball today after the Packers sealed their 3-0 start. Just checked in and HOT DAMN is my team killing it this week. Tucas must be kicking himself for parking Lindsay on the bench this week. He was one of the few guys keeping Denver in that game against the Packers. That Packers defense is legit.
              Looking forward to October 6!

Comment

• Week 6 will be fun but I'm still focused on week 3. I mean I have two guys left to play and I'm 36 points away from breaking 300. It's a long shot but who knows with this Montgomery kid if the Bears finally just give the man the damn rock.

Comment

• Important Rule Change

Everyone needs to field full lineups each week. We all have large benches and so there's no reason to ever (but on a very rare occasion) have empty starting slots.

Here's what were gonna do starting now:

1. If a team has two weeks during the season with incomplete lineups they draft last in each round. Incomplete means a vacant starting slot or starting an injured player or starting a player who isn't playing.
                  2. Should this happen to two or more teams then the team with the better record drafts first in order to break the tie.
                  3. A third missed lineup means forfeiture of a first rounder, a fourth time means a second round forfeiture, etc.
                  4. This is retroactive but only partially. If you've had a week or two where you didn't field a full squad then you must field a full squad from here on out or risk facing the draft penalties. (ie: demoted to the back of the draft the first time and then forfeitures thereafter).
                  5. Any team who has a starting lineup and at least one backup who gets hit by injuries beyond what their weekly three transaction limit can address needs to come in here and let us know.

I see cases of games possibly decided because of incomplete lineups. We've never had the problem before in the eight years of the league and I hope this takes care of it going forward.

Comment

• I'm all for something like this, I would just put out there that with the limit on roster moves, and sometimes a late scratch, I often roll out with 1 less defensive player because either I am out of moves for the week or because I don't have anyone I feel I can cut to pick up an extra IDP (this would be more in the case of bye weeks). This is not because I am trying to improve draft positioning but legit asset management (or mismanagement at times).
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We have big benches to accommodate IDP, not to field huge benches of fliers. I mine for gold too but three transactions and these bench sizes should be enough to prevent incomplete lineups. If the transaction count goes up the roster size will be coming down.

Edit: We have two avenues to free up space: 1. drops 2. trades.

The challenge of dynasty if making it all work while fielding competitive, complete teams.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Sep 24, 2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• How about if you have any empty IDP at the start of the scoring week, you forfeit automatically

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
                          How about if you have any empty IDP at the start of the scoring week, you forfeit automatically
                          Can you explain a little further?

Comment

We have big benches to accommodate IDP, not to field huge benches of fliers. I mine for gold too but three transactions and these bench sizes should be enough to prevent incomplete lineups. If the transaction count goes up the roster size will be coming down.

Edit: We have two avenues to free up space: 1. drops 2. trades.

The challenge of dynasty if making it all work while fielding competitive, complete teams.
                            Ok, I don't agree and didn't think that there was much of an issue with tanking, so it seems like it would punish people for intent unrelated to what you are looking to prevent.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The intent of this is to make sure people are starting full lineups. Horde all the offensive players you can by all means but roll out a full starting lineup.

You chose to risk losing week three instead of featuring a full lineup and you lost by 18. That's a game you likely would have won if you had a LB and two DBs active. Week one and two you got lucky, it wasn't a factor.

Not starting full lineups for whatever the reason will lead to extra losses. Do you agree?
                              Last edited by Apollo; Tue Sep 24, 2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Can you explain a little further?
                                No full lineup = loss

Comment

Working...
                                X