• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drizz wrote: View Post

No full lineup = loss
    Of the pick?

Comment

• Assuming we’re just looking at Axel’s week this week as an example, idk I think it’s tough but I lean towards he didn’t do anything wrong. I get we have deep benches for a reason but he had a lot of injuries and on a standard week could fill out his roster decently. There’s also not a ton of defensive talent available and I don’t think we should fault him for not wanting to drop one of his offensive players for a guy who might get 3 points a week

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
        Assuming we’re just looking at Axel’s week this week as an example, idk I think it’s tough but I lean towards he didn’t do anything wrong. I get we have deep benches for a reason but he had a lot of injuries and on a standard week could fill out his roster decently. There’s also not a ton of defensive talent available and I don’t think we should fault him for not wanting to drop one of his offensive players for a guy who might get 3 points a week
        Gonna have to disagree. I don't want this league turning into something where people are willingly losing games to protect large stables of offensive guys. That's a lot like tanking in that it's sacraficing wins for a light at the end of the tunnel and in that it impacts the outcome of games. Also Axel just lost Barkley for possibly the rest of our fantasy season and so lottery is now in the mix, especially if he has no regard for IDP. It's a bad precedent for the league to let it go.

It's not three points. I'm getting 6-9 out of my DBs and 7-12 out of my LBs. DLs are more like 4-6. IDP wins me games sometimes when things are going wrong and it likely would have won Axel week 3.
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Or I would have won if I had started Waller at the FLEX over Ridley who put up a dud and then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I did pick up IDP this week, and DB who ranks as a good corner going against the terrible Miami team got me 0 points. Ward was listed as questionable (so could play and doesn’t qualify for IR), so my choice is to drop someone I don’t want to or hope he plays. By the time he is officially out, it’s too late to add anyone.

If you want complete line ups, remove the transaction cap and expand IR slots. Otherwise, accept that people can and will make decisions differently than you.

Honestly, I think this whole discussion is stupid.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• One other point. We have five IR slots. If a team is playing thin at IDP then the best strategy to keep a full squad playing is to save transactions for Saturday or even Sunday if a team is dealing with game day situations.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              One other point. We have five IR slots. If a team is playing thin at IDP then the best strategy to keep a full squad playing is to save transactions for Saturday or even Sunday if a team is dealing with game day situations.
              Except most players aren't IR eligible until kickoff because they are listed as Questionable.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Or I would have won if I had started Waller at the FLEX over Ridley who put up a dud and then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I did pick up IDP this week, and DB who ranks as a good corner going against the terrible Miami team got me 0 points. Ward was listed as questionable (so could play and doesn’t qualify for IR), so my choice is to drop someone I don’t want to or hope he plays. By the time he is officially out, it’s too late to add anyone.

If you want complete line ups, remove the transaction cap and expand IR slots. Otherwise, accept that people can and will make decisions differently than you.

Honestly, I think this whole discussion is stupid.
                Axel, you have a 12 man bench and five IR slots and yet out can't field a full squad with 17 spots? You're the only person in the league having problems with this and it's not a one off, it's every week. No one else has had this happen once this season...

You can call it stupid but we're going ahead with penalties for fielding incomplete teams.
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Also, I have never tanked in any league and never been accused before. So if that is your concern, kindly fuck off and move on.

As for Barkley, out for 8 weeks. Thankfully I didn’t drop offensive bench guys for a DB scrub last week, as I can safely roll out Kamara and Mixon and promote someone into the FLEX.

Comment

Axel, you have a 12 man bench and five IR slots and yet out can't field a full squad with 17 spots? You're the only person in the league having problems with this and it's not a one off, it's every week. No one else has had this happen once this season...

You can call it stupid but we're going ahead with penalties for fielding incomplete teams.
                    Then fuck off and replace me cause this is stupid.

Comment

Except most players aren't IR eligible until kickoff because they are listed as Questionable.
                      That's where strategy comes into play and that's why you have a 12 man bench. The transaction cap was put in for challenge and because this is a dynasty league, you're not supposed to have the freedoms of a redraft league.

Comment

Then fuck off and replace me cause this is stupid.
                        Yet it's not stupid in NBA dynasty when you and Joey drop threats in the league thread to guys for missing a waiver claim after a two for one trade? Look at the double standards coming out of you.

If you want out we'll find someone but think about it a little before jumping over board. Fuck sakes dude... lol

Comment

Also, I have never tanked in any league and never been accused before. So if that is your concern, kindly fuck off and move on.

As for Barkley, out for 8 weeks. Thankfully I didn’t drop offensive bench guys for a DB scrub last week, as I can safely roll out Kamara and Mixon and promote someone into the FLEX.
                          I'm not accusing you of tanking. I'm telling you you're not starting full lineups, it's impacting the standings and you're the only one having issues...

Comment

• And what happened to this?
                            Axel wrote: View Post
                            I'm all for something like this

Comment

And what happened to this?
                              Nice edit job where you literally removed the rest of the sentence that explicitly states exactly what we are talking about.

Im not interested in checking Yahoo for the 30 mins before kickoff to see if that Questionable DB was ruled out so that I can put him on IR to pick up someone (if I even have roster moves). And this week I have 2 D players on bye and 2 that are questionable. With 3 roster moves, literally can’t replace them all this week so I guess I’m fucked to meet your stupid new rule.

Also, you want to compare to NBA Dynasty. Well this league isn’t that and in NBA Dynasty, if you have too many injuries we don’t force you to drop perfectly good assets to meet lineup standards. Because we recognize that would be bad roster management. So based on NBA Dynasty rules, my line up met. Not my fault guys who were questionable didn’t play.

Comment

Nice edit job where you literally removed the rest of the sentence that explicitly states exactly what we are talking about.

Im not interested in checking Yahoo for the 30 mins before kickoff to see if that Questionable DB was ruled out so that I can put him on IR to pick up someone (if I even have roster moves). And this week I have 2 D players on bye and 2 that are questionable. With 3 roster moves, literally can’t replace them all this week so I guess I’m fucked to meet your stupid new rule.
                                Axel, we both know that most injury statuses are determined on Thursday after reports come out about who practiced. Don't practice Thursday and the chances of playing Sunday are likely below 20%... You're blowing this out of proportion. I don't check my rosters 30 minutes before game time unless I have a total stud that's questionable and I can check it 30 minutes before. When in doubt I roll someone else out.
                                Axel wrote: View Post
                                Also, you want to compare to NBA Dynasty. Well this league isn’t that and in NBA Dynasty, if you have too many injuries we don’t force you to drop perfectly good assets to meet lineup standards. Because we recognize that would be bad roster management. So based on NBA Dynasty rules, my line up met. Not my fault guys who were questionable didn’t play.
                                No, this isn't NBA dynasty. We have five IR slots and NBA dynasty has none. In NBA dynasty you force people sign players immediately to fill empty slots. What if I don't want to sign anyone because I don't like the prospects and I want to wait? I'm out of the league pretty damn quick is the answer. How is waiting with vacancies different than rolling out incomplete rosters when you knew you had injuries to start the week, you had five IR slots and three roster moves to rectify the situation? You're only starting nine guys in IDP. The answer is to have some IDP on the bench and to hold some transactions until things are clear on Thursday. How is that unreasonable?

We're doing something about this situation and in the past when this came up it was guys who weren't playing, didn't give a shit and so they got the boot. You clearly do give a shit. A lot, considering I've been told to fuck myself a few times today and so despite all the fuck instructions we'd like to keep you if you're able to be reasonable, that is.

How about this: Effective week six(so you have an extra week to sort it out) the rule comes into effect AND we increase roster moves to four moves per week. That gives you lots of time to do what everyone else does (drops & trades) and it gives you an extra move per week.

Comment

Working...
                                X