No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the roster moves to 4. Ballswin must fucking LOVE that one.

Now...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Axel, we both know that most injury statuses are determined on Thursday after reports come out about who practiced. Don't practice Thursday and the chances of playing Sunday are likely below 20%... You're blowing this out of proportion. I don't check my rosters 30 minutes before game time unless I have a total stud that's questionable and I can check it 30 minutes before. When in doubt I roll someone else out.
      Factually false. I regularly have guys who don't practice either Thursday or Friday and play on Sunday. TE1 Mark Andrews has missed those practices, then hung 20+ points in Week 1 and 2. Same with Hollywood Brown. Injury reports are often garbage until Sunday morning.

Apollo wrote: View Post
      No, this isn't NBA dynasty. We have five IR slots and NBA dynasty has none. In NBA dynasty you force people sign players immediately to fill empty slots. What if I don't want to sign anyone because I don't like the prospects and I want to wait? I'm out of the league pretty damn quick is the answer. How is waiting with vacancies different than rolling out incomplete rosters when you knew you had injuries to start the week, you had five IR slots and three roster moves to rectify the situation? You're only starting nine guys in IDP. The answer is to have some IDP on the bench and to hold some transactions until things are clear on Thursday. How is that unreasonable?
      5 IR slots that I cannot use. Every single IR eligible player hits IR so I can add, but when I guy only gets a Q or D designation, you can't put them on IR. Without an O or IR designation from Yahoo, you can't use the IR slot. Sorry I don't feel like dropping a LB who got me 19.7 points in week 1 just because he's been getting a Q designation for a waiver guy who might put up 10 points if I'm lucky.

My roster is filled, and tweaked each and every week. The NBA dynasty situation is not remotely comparable.

We're doing something about this situation and in the past when this came up it was guys who weren't playing, didn't give a shit and so they got the boot. You clearly do give a shit. A lot, considering I've been told to fuck myself a few times today and so despite all the fuck instructions we'd like to keep you if you're able to be reasonable, that is.

How about this: Effective week six(so you have an extra week to sort it out) the rule comes into effect AND we increase roster moves to four moves per week. That gives you lots of time to do what everyone else does (drops & trades) and it gives you an extra move per week.
      How about this, I manage my team and you manage yours. If you want to drop potential weapons for another DB, you do it. If I want to keep skilled bench guys and hope that the Q guy plays, then that is my decision to make. Again, if I had started Waller at FLEX over Ridley, I would have won this week and there wouldn't have been any impact to the standings. My risk reward decision to make, not yours. That is already reasonable because there is no situation that needs to be dealt with. I am active. If you don't like my decisions, then go play Madden and control all the teams yourself.

I am not agreeing to any of your conditions on how I should manage my team. I am active. I have my line up set to the best I can in any given week. I am doing everything that I feel is necessary to win each week and will continue to do so. If the rest of the owners want me gone because I missed-guessed whether a DB would end up playing on Sunday night after limited practice, then they can say so. But I'm not agreeing to your stupid rule and I'm not giving my team away, so you can kick me out and forceably take my team, or you can leave me alone.

Gonna have to disagree. I don't want this league turning into something where people are willingly losing games to protect large stables of offensive guys. That's a lot like tanking in that it's sacraficing wins for a light at the end of the tunnel and in that it impacts the outcome of games. Also Axel just lost Barkley for possibly the rest of our fantasy season and so lottery is now in the mix, especially if he has no regard for IDP. It's a bad precedent for the league to let it go.

It's not three points. I'm getting 6-9 out of my DBs and 7-12 out of my LBs. DLs are more like 4-6. IDP wins me games sometimes when things are going wrong and it likely would have won Axel week 3.
      AGAIN - I AM ACTIVE AND TRYING TO WIN. THERE IS NO FUCKING PROBLEM.
      Last edited by Axel; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 09:51 AM.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel,

In terms of injuries: Generally we know the verdict for most guys on Thursday and it takes only a couple minutes usually looking in the right places to find out what the verdict is even if it's not explicitly stated by the team directly... This isn't always the case but we're all working with this so its fair.

You and Tucas think making a rule is a bad idea. Drizz and I think its a good idea. Mack is indifferent. When the league was created we didn't have this written rule because it went without saying and up until this season it was not an issue but you impacted the standings by not fielding a full squad. You have yet to field a full squad this season. Every other team in the league had fielded a full squad each week. That's 21 separate times of no one else having issues with this but you.

Edit:

Everyone, see two posts down for our two options.
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• I'm not saying I fully agree with the rule.
          only that in the past I've had to make decisions to drop someone on my bench I didn't want to drop just to have a full team and replace an IDP player. I only did so because of missing potential points which could win the week for me. Never considered leaving the spot empty.

Is there no option on Yahoo to have extra IDP only bench spots? That would be ideal in my opinion.

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
            I'm not saying I fully agree with the rule.
            only that in the past I've had to make decisions to drop someone on my bench I didn't want to drop just to have a full team and replace an IDP player. I only did so because of missing potential points which could win the week for me. Never considered leaving the spot empty.

Is there no option on Yahoo to have extra IDP only bench spots? That would be ideal in my opinion.
            No, I looked everywhere... The idea from the beginning of this league was to have a more complex scoring system on both sides of the ball. If teams start opting to horde offense they're not even gonna use right now to the point where they'd rather start incomplete lineups as opposed to roster IDPs then what we have is broken. This was the easier option, to enforce a simple rule.

The other option I guess is to change the scoring so that defense is worth more. That's the other avenue. If people don't want to work within the positioning we make it worth more to do it. How about that?

We need to either enforce IDP or make it more desirable. Which route.? Choose.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• While we ponder the IDP options to resolve this arbitrary debacle, I shall raise another item for discussion.

RE: Adding a starter position for a Kick Return/Punt Return “Offensive Special Team” player

Standard fantasy is completely ignorant of offensive special teams. I don’t understand the complete disregard for point producing kick return and punters return players.

Next season, let’s advance our innovative scoring system by introducing a Special Team starting position to include the best kick/punt players in the league.

I should also mention that as it currently stands, our teams have more defence players (9) than offence players (8).

Thoughts?
              RR OG

Comment

• Short story - I'm in favor of enforcing full lineup teams each week, it's just a matter of how to do it. Personally, I almost always like to keep a backup IDP for each position so I don't feel like it would be an issue for me. I actually did have it happen in the Finals last year when Gurley was sat at the very end and i couldn't pick up another RB in the game.

That said, I totally understand Axel's positioning the past couple weeks. It's sometimes impossible to know if your player will go or not, and if you're busy on a Sunday morning you may forget to change your lineup or maybe you don't have enough moves left to pick someone up. I don't feel like he's losing on purpose by not starting players at certain positions, his team just sucks and can't win if they tried.

Comment

• If we place more emphasis on IDP's, what are the proposed scoring stat hikes? I think they're already pretty fair... I guess you could go up 0.5 points on something like tackles or maybe an extra point for a sack?

I'm not in favor of Kick/Punt returners going forward. There's not enough good ones in the league to create a balance. I don't think there's even a slot for them in a lineup.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    That said, I totally understand Axel's positioning the past couple weeks.
                    But from the beginning the only reason we went with large 12 man benches is so that each team could carry a backup IDP at each position and still have nine guys on the bench on offense. People don't always use the bench like that but that's where the 12 came from. This is why I do not agree with Axel.
                    Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Short story - I'm in favor of enforcing full lineup teams each week, it's just a matter of how to do it. Personally, I almost always like to keep a backup IDP for each position so I don't feel like it would be an issue for me. I actually did have it happen in the Finals last year when Gurley was sat at the very end and i couldn't pick up another RB in the game.
                    I've been burned by the transaction limit a couple times in terms of missing out on an opportunity (ie: Aaron Rodgers getting waived, daaaaamn it.)

My goal is to make sure everyone is fielding full squads. I'm open to how that happens. I think the easiest way is a simple rule with consequences tied to the future.
                    Mack North wrote: View Post
                    If we place more emphasis on IDP's, what are the proposed scoring stat hikes? I think they're already pretty fair... I guess you could go up 0.5 points on something like tackles or maybe an extra point for a sack?

I'm not in favor of Kick/Punt returners going forward. There's not enough good ones in the league to create a balance. I don't think there's even a slot for them in a lineup.
                    I don't think there's a point in upping the IDP stats unless it's significant, as in on par with or close to offensive scoring. The goal is to have it so we don't have teams rolling out injury ravaged/incomplete IDP starting lineups. 0.5 to tackles won't accomplish that. To accomplish that tackles will need to go up to 1.5, assisted tackles to 1, sacks to 6, INTs to 5 or 6. Pass deflections to 3 or 4, etc.

As for return scoring, we reward points for return TDs currently. I don't think there's an option to feature a returner position though.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 26, 2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• First rule change has been implemented, you now have four moves per week.

As for the second rule change coming week six:

Each team must try their best to have a full starting squad each week.

Consequences of not starting full squads:
                      • 1st time - Warning
                      • 2nd time - Final warning
                      • 3rd time - Bumped to the end of each draft round.
                      • 4th time - We'll burn that bridge when we get there...
                      • Exceptions:
                        1. You had a backup but both the starter and backup were ruled as Out/IR after the weekly WW blind auction occurred and you were out of moves by then.
                        2. You had a backup but your started player was scratched at game time (ie: Sunday).

Let's be real, if this was in place in the previous seven seasons it would have changed absolutely nothing. This is something that only came up this season and we're not going to chance it impacting playoff seeding or the draft next year in season nine. If the rule needs tweaking then let's discuss but we need something sorted out this season.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 26, 2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• I'm OK with it... hopefully it's not even an issue and we can continue day-to-day trash talk in this 8th installment of RRNFL DYNASTY.

Comment

• My 2019 R1 Miles Sanders gains 67 yards on kick returns that we account for 0.00 in scoring. This is a travesty! Why is my team not getting credited with my player gaining scoring yard points? I trade my R1 to a Commissioner who’s working the rules to ensure my opponents are maximizing their IDP scoring potential to beat me every week while making arguments against rule changes for scoring kick/punt return yards that would clearly benefit my team’s win potential. It’s both an abuse of power and a conflict of interest.
                          RR OG

Comment

• I think we have never included return yards for a couple reasons:

1. It's flukey as fuck and most people don't like it.
                            2. It's not a standard PPR scoring factor likely because of #1.

Comment

• Be that as it may, interceptions fumble recoveries and both subsequent RETURN YARDS are the flukiest of all fluke stats!

So for fluke sakes, please tell Philip Fillomina or whoever answersing emails and phone calls at Yahoo Fantasy Sports on Friday that we want them to add an option to include TWO SPECIAL TEAMS starter positionsne for Offensive Special Team players and a second for Defensive Special Team Players.

It’s fluken time for fantasy football aficionados to start scouting and starting Special Team position stats.
                              RR OG

Comment

• This season... They don't pay me enough for this gig. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X