Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Dynasty S7 Thread (temp) - Mack North is the Champion(temp)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Axel wrote: View Post

    You can blame me cause I restarted it as I don't think the voted idea is very good.
    But we already got 9 votes ... Lol It's just something to avoid it being completely Random, and adds in a bit of strategy to the Nominations.

    But anyway, just let me know what you guys settle on I guess. Lol

    Comment


    • Joey wrote: View Post

      But we already got 9 votes ... Lol It's just something to avoid it being completely Random, and adds in a bit of strategy to the Nominations.

      But anyway, just let me know what you guys settle on I guess. Lol
      Donald Trump got votes too, doesn't mean it was a good idea lol

      You can't run from this Joey!!! READ THOSE POSTS! READ THOSE POSTS! READ THOSE POSTS!
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Maybe we all moved to fast? Maybe we should have identified whats the goals are before making changes? What is the problem?
        1. Max money nominations?
        2. Max money bids?
        3. Nomination ordering?

        Then why is it a problem?
        1. Difficult for bad teams to get better?
        2. More max money teams means more blind luck?
        3. Anything else?

        Then is it worth making a change?

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post

          It doesn't necessarily make it easier on the bad teams. There are good managers, with good teams (I'm looking at the Posse) who don't seem to care about max bid, carry over a bunch of vacancies into the off-season and crush the league.
          There's no top-notch players hitting auction anymore, they're basically only available through trades. It's nice to have the option of only needing to fill one spot like when Klay and CJ became available a couple seasons back(only due to absentee-owneritis), but if you're only getting middle-of-the-road talent that 4 or 5 teams are looking to buy as well(Nance Jr, Giles, Adebayo, LeVert, Lyles) I'd rather find a few bench gems that can get me through a couple weeks of a hot streak then dump them.

          Luckily I was finally able to win a chip last season, but I've got lots of work to do to stay relevant at the top half of the league. Everyone's got their own plan, but it really all comes down to luck in the end.
          The Double Champ is here!
          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

          Comment


          • Apollo wrote: View Post
            Maybe we all moved to fast? Maybe we should have identified whats the goals are before making changes? What is the problem?
            1. Max money nominations?
            2. Max money bids?
            3. Nomination ordering?

            Then why is it a problem?
            1. Difficult for bad teams to get better?
            2. More max money teams means more blind luck?
            3. Anything else?

            Then is it worth making a change?
            I do think the max money system is broken and that is what we should be trying to address, but that any solution should also help competitive balance and aspire to our realism goal.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • My goal was to simply have a simple easy mechanism for determining nomination order that doesn't add hours of work. That's it. I think everything else works great and doesn't need to be changed. That's just my 2-cents.

              Comment


              • Axel wrote: View Post

                I do think the max money system is broken and that is what we should be trying to address, but that any solution should also help competitive balance and aspire to our realism goal.
                If you don't want people bidding max money or nominating max money by default then there needs to be a real consequence/sacrafice tied to it while not creating more work for Joey.

                This is why I liked the idea of having it tied to FAAB. If it's tied to FAAB at the end of the season then anyone who max money signs someone now, can't next season unless they trade for more FAAB(likely MULITPLE trades involving FAAB). But if that's the case then the trade value for FAAB goes up substantially and so bad teams with many open roster slots can extract prospects/picks from teams looking to top up their FAAB again in order to go after one guy next year; yet in doing that they risk not being set up to go max money on one guy because they may have too many vacancies.

                In this scenario the only thing Joey would need to see is end of season FAAB to know the order for the next draft... It's easy to track because it's done by Yahoo and it puts real and potentially painful consequences on going max money in an auction.
                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 5th, 2019, 02:43 PM.

                Comment


                • I don’t have time atm to read through the last few pages but I’m glad we’re having this discussion. I just want to reply to planet mars and say that the upper and lower tier of the league has not been maintain through league made rules of oppression. Cody and others had ample chance to field a competitive team OR rebuild but sold their team for next to nothing. NO offense but it was years of poor poor mismanagement not the system. I’m all for keeping a tank order for the draft as we have. But setting up a disadvantage for teams who have smartly managed the system IE their cap in order to receive max benefit isn’t a bad thing. I get the feeling you may think dynasty stars are made in the draft but they never are unless we got a fluke late missed signing. TYPICALLY it’s a $200 flier on enes Kanter. So placing higher end teams with one slot at a disadvantage for flier guys seems a bit extrem for me. I think adding last years left Ofer money messes up the system. If we are going to introduce more than just random order we should allow an open market IE rewards to smart management. Instead of rewarding someone for not spending all their money..we should allow someone to sell their picks strategically in a trade to enter with more than 200. If we want to introduce more strategy than clicking speed then let it be an free trade market open to smarter decisions.

                  Im a few pages behind in the discussion but the league moves fast I’ll have more input on the weekend
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • **is a bad thing
                    in masai we trust

                    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                    Comment


                    • Honestly if we’re trying to mimic league realism then pre determining the FAAB kind of goes against the spirit of Free Agency. I’m all for league parity but I don’t believe that changing the non order makes it closer to the NBA.
                      in masai we trust

                      water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                      Comment


                      • I'm with Koncept
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                        Comment


                        • Damn I’ve really spammed this page today lol. I’ve got one last point I wanted to add!

                          Ive mentioned this previously but I couldn’t attend the inaugural dynasty draft and ended up with washed up Andrew Bynum and D12 as my cornerstones. I took a ton of FA fliers some turned out to be Jokic and Nurkic, some were Cleantbony Early lol. All of them bought for a buck other than Kuz. (Back in my fantasy day DOT DOT DOT).

                          I feel like Apollo and others have built a contender out of nothing too. It can be done, the FAAB draft is such a small part of it. Honest to god if you don’t trade your picks you’ll have an exciting core in the near future.
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • koncept wrote: View Post
                            Damn I’ve really spammed this page today lol. I’ve got one last point I wanted to add!

                            Ive mentioned this previously but I couldn’t attend the inaugural dynasty draft and ended up with washed up Andrew Bynum and D12 as my cornerstones. I took a ton of FA fliers some turned out to be Jokic and Nurkic, some were Cleantbony Early lol. All of them bought for a buck other than Kuz. (Back in my fantasy day DOT DOT DOT).

                            I feel like Apollo and others have built a contender out of nothing too. It can be done, the FAAB draft is such a small part of it. Honest to god if you don’t trade your picks you’ll have an exciting core in the near future.
                            Playing the auction and waiver wire while managing cap and FAAB is important. I think working trades is really important but you need to have the auction, WW and team management in order to take full advantage of that.

                            Let's go back to the 2016 auction because its had a good amount of time to work itself out a bit:
                            Player Price Team
                            Dejounte Murray (SA - PG) $1 Apollo Creeds
                            Terry Rozier (Cha - PG) $1 koncept
                            P.J. Tucker (Hou - SG,SF) $1 Cody 73'ers
                            Lou Williams (LAC - PG,SG) $2 SKYWALKERS FORCE
                            Pascal Siakam (Tor - PF) $3 REALIZAR
                            Patrick Beverley (LAC - PG,SG) $7 drizz
                            Derrick Rose (Det - PG) $41 Tucas TuneSquad
                            Eric Gordon (Hou - SG) $52 007's Secret Service
                            Josh Richardson (Phi - SG,SF) $90 REALIZAR
                            .
                            That's not all of it but it's highlights of good choices well below max. Murray, Rozier, Siakam and Lou Will together cost $7. That's three potential draft picks(via trades) and a stud right there for $7.

                            Ariza and Saric were the max guys in that auction.

                            Comment


                            • I’ll add that the FA draft auction sees many of the same players being bought year-after-year. Meaning the same players are cycled and recycled annually through our FA draft auction.
                              RR OG

                              Comment


                              • Glanced through most of the thread, but didn't read everything.

                                If we're trying to mimic league free agency, shouldn't there be something setup that's aligned to cap space?
                                We all start off with $200 every free agency, but that doesn't seem to follow the NBA free agency... so, how do we assign cap space in a way that's easy and makes sense?

                                One idea would be to give everyone fixed amount every year (i.e., $100) and that gets added to their remaining cash from last year's free agency, or what's left after the season.

                                For example, I think it was WJF that still has $200 (or somebody did) so they would now have $300 for this year's draft while I (I think I have $16 left over would now have $116). If two people had an equal amount (two people have $300) then I guess it would go back to determining how it's been done in the past... but only for those two (and in this setup... both players may not want to spend all of their cap space either).
                                Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
                                ― John Wooden

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X