Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Dynasty S7 Thread (temp) - Mack North is the Champion(temp)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • koncept wrote: View Post
    Thank you for continuing the one year rule change tradition.
    I enjoyed the read gentlemen took me a few days to get through it

    This is the one I feel strogest about. Planning is an important part of this concept. I endevour to arrange my roster for the $200 dollar bid. It was not completed in a year and takes decisions that may or not work out maintaining it. Changing on sort term notice is a bitch for those who wish to plan.

    I do appreciate the effort by Dan,participation as such is a strength for this game, however to make such a drastic change I need to push the reset button. As we approach S7 this is my 7th year.

    If we were all utilizing the same strategy I might feel different.

    Comment


    • Apollo wrote: View Post
      Just to recap some ideas tossed out there:
      1. Order the auction based on number of vacant roster slots per team; more slots means a better place in the auction
      2. Have teams buy place in the upcoming auction order based remaining FAAB after the season is completed.
      3. Have teams buy place in next season's auction order based remaining FAAB after the current auction is completed.
      In my opinion #1 and #2 provide a little more opportunity for strategy because the decision can be made later in the year when more information is available.
      In regards to #1 I would not be in favour of this I do not see the why except unless we are attempting to reduce the percieved effectiveness of one strategy over another
      In regards to #2 and #3 I believe tanking is an issue, it is been well discused and is difficult to control, sitting back, not playing players , hoping for no wins and "not spending free agent money " should not be rewarded.

      Comment


      • Axel wrote: View Post

        Your recap didn't include my main suggestion, which is to have the auction nomination order be an inverted standings tiered approach, which still allows for $200 nominations but gives "worse" teams first dibs.
        I can go along with this, although the tanking issue is still part of the inverted standings approach, the tiered system removes it somewhat. The btm teams getting an oportunity to have an advantage on getting a player that would sign with their available cap is a stategy that could be employed. You may not want to bid your wad on an obvious best payer available, but the best one for your cap space is availble to you.

        I should add here as well that ifelt a had to break from my strategy to make a run at th title, and I lost to someone employing a different approach

        If a wish to utilize the same approach that I built towards, It will take me more than one season

        Comment


        • jbml wrote: View Post

          I enjoyed the read gentlemen took me a few days to get through it

          This is the one I feel strogest about. Planning is an important part of this concept. I endevour to arrange my roster for the $200 dollar bid. It was not completed in a year and takes decisions that may or not work out maintaining it. Changing on sort term notice is a bitch for those who wish to plan.

          I do appreciate the effort by Dan,participation as such is a strength for this game, however to make such a drastic change I need to push the reset button. As we approach S7 this is my 7th year.

          If we were all utilizing the same strategy I might feel different.
          Yeah, my entire team cap structure is built around this concept as well, it would take me a while to recover from switching to my proposed system too. Definitely it's the sort of thing you'd want at least a year and probably two years' notice on. But it's no real concern, it's the sort of proposal that will never pass a vote anyway.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • anyone league interest in moving the draft a week or two earlier?
            in masai we trust

            water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

            Comment


            • Nay
              RR OG

              Comment


              • koncept wrote: View Post
                anyone league interest in moving the draft a week or two earlier?
                Nah... the reason for having fantasy drafts so close to the beginning of the regular season is to avoid any potential disasters with preseason injuries. What if you just spent $200 on Harry Giles and gave him a fat 5 year deal and he goes down with an achilles in game 3 of the preseason? Pretty shitty, way worse than if it happened in regular season imo.
                The Double Champ is here!
                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                Comment


                • Mack North wrote: View Post

                  Nah... the reason for having fantasy drafts so close to the beginning of the regular season is to avoid any potential disasters with preseason injuries. What if you just spent $200 on Harry Giles and gave him a fat 5 year deal and he goes down with an achilles in game 3 of the preseason? Pretty shitty, way worse than if it happened in regular season imo.
                  Not just that, but guys winning roles in pre-season could impact what players you even target in the first place.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Koncept has zeroed in on his guy and doesn't want the word to get out before the auction.


                    Seriously though, no thanks. I don't want any more surprises than necessary.

                    Comment


                    • I like the current scheduled date as well.. even though its around my wife's birthday. I'm going to get the stink eye during the draft I bet.. good thing it will only be 45 minutes long.

                      Comment


                      • An update to our approximate (and apparently controversial) FA ranks based on Yahoo's current ranks:
                        Yahoo
                        # Players Pre-Season
                        1 F. VanVleet Tor - PG 83
                        2 D. Dedmon Sac - C 97
                        3 L. Williams LAC - PG,SG 101
                        4 P. Beverley LAC - PG,SG 103
                        5 T. Satoransky Chi - PG,SG 107
                        6 J. McGee LAL - C 113
                        7 D. Green LAL - SG,SF 115
                        8 M. Williams Cha - SF,PF 119
                        9 P. Tucker Hou - SF,PF 120
                        10 C. Zeller Cha - PF,C 122
                        11 D. Powell Dal - PF,C 124
                        12 M. Kleber Dal - PF 126
                        13 K. Looney GS - PF,C 136
                        14 D. Augustin Orl - PG 144
                        15 R. Rondo LAL - PG 150
                        16 M. Morris Det - PF,C 152
                        17 T. Brown Was - SG,SF 156
                        18 T. Ariza Sac - SG,SF 157
                        19 I. Smith Was - PG 160
                        20 N. Bjelica Sac - PF 164
                        21 N. Powell Tor - SG,SF 167
                        22 A. Burks GS - PG,SG 169
                        23 J. Okogie Min - SG 171
                        24 T. Hardaway Jr. Dal - SG,SF 182
                        25 D. Bacon Cha - SG 184
                        26 D. House Jr. Hou - SG 186
                        27 P. Connaughton Mil - SG,SF 187
                        28 J. Green LAC - PF,C 191
                        29 M. Morris Den - PG 192
                        30 D. Howard LAL - PF,C 193
                        31 S. Curry Dal - PG,SG 194
                        32 M. Thybulle Phi - SF 196
                        33 G. Hill Mil - PG,SG 198
                        34 M. Plumlee Den - PF,C 199
                        35 A. Iguodala Mem - SG,SF 203
                        36 W. Matthews Mil - SG,SF 204
                        37 M. Leonard Mia - PF,C 205
                        38 A. McKinnie GS - PF 206
                        39 T. Thompson Cle - PF,C 208
                        40 K. Faried Hou - PF,C 210
                        41 D. Waiters Mia - SG,SF 211
                        42 R. Hood Por - SG,SF 213
                        43 M. Beasley Den - PG,SG 214
                        45 B. Marjanovic Dal - C 216
                        46 J. Green Uta - SF,PF 217
                        47 M. Kidd-Gilchrist Cha - SF 218
                        48 B. Brown Jr. Det - SG 219
                        49 J. Clarkson Cle - PG,SG 220
                        50 G. Dieng Min - PF,C 222
                        51 M. Wagner Was - PF 224
                        52 T. Gibson NY - PF,C 227
                        53 D. Carroll SA - SF,PF 229
                        54 G. Green Hou - SG,SF 231
                        55 K. O'Quinn Phi - PF,C 235
                        56 D. Valentine Chi - SG,SF 237
                        57 T. Snell Det - SG,SF 238
                        58 R. O'Neale Uta - SF 239
                        59 D. Theis Bos - PF,C 240
                        60 T. McConnell Ind - PG 241
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        TEAM FILLED VACANT MAX BID
                        Coach 14 1 200
                        Dan 14 1 200
                        Joey 14 1 200
                        Koncept
                        WJF
                        14
                        14
                        1
                        1
                        200
                        200
                        Apollo 13 2 199
                        drizz 13 2 199
                        Miek 13 2 199
                        Skywalker 13 2 199
                        Tucas 13 2 199
                        007 12 3 198
                        Axel 12 3 198
                        Mars 11 4 197
                        jbml 10 5 196
                        Mack North 9 6 195
                        REALIZAR 6 9 192
                        Total free agents to be signed: 45


                        Edit:
                        Just saw a noticeable mistake and so I removed Reddish from the list. Now there is no 44th ranked guy unless someone wants to update the list.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Sat Sep 28th, 2019, 08:32 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Who is Bol Bol for $200?
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • There are disadvantages to non $200 owners the longer it goes on, I'm not concerned! just wanted to test the waters on this, im happy with the date it already is.
                            in masai we trust

                            water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                            Comment


                            • I think it's a good year to not spend max money at the auction. I see value in the "mid-round" stages.

                              Some of my FAAB might be up for trade to the right offer later on in the season...

                              Comment


                              • "President Pat Riley said the Heat fined Justise Winslow $50,000 for saying he wanted to start at point guard.

                                Advice: "We fined him $50,000 and we gave it to Goran [Dragic]," Riley said. Some of the time teams aren't too upset with a player saying he wanted to start, so Winslow losing 50 large is unusual. Perhaps the Heat may want to showcase Dragic a little in an effort to upgrade the position, but either way Winslow should find minutes in the second unit even if Dragic is healthy. Still, there's not too much per-minute upside, making him more of a late-round option in 12-team leagues."


                                what the hell? i have never ever heard of a fine for saying you wanted to start. need miami to trade dragic away, and not get chris paul.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X