Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Dynasty S7 Thread (temp) - Mack North is the Champion(temp)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

    i would like most open slots to nominate first, and go down the list. watch all the middle sized fish go while the guys with 200 maybe buy, or wait and see if they get their guy.
    This is an interesting idea ... it's one of the few things that is "Random" in this league, and I've always wanted a new mechanism for doing this ... unless anyone else has an idea for the nomination order, I'll float this to the league for consideration:

    All in favor - Aye.
    Image result for thumbs up gif

    All opposed - Nay.
    Image result for thumbs down gif

    Gifs must be included for vote to count.

    I'll hold my vote to see if it's needed.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 3rd, 2019, 03:30 PM.

    Comment


    • planetmars wrote: View Post

      Just looking at the history of the waiver system.. most guys go for $1 or even $0... it's why guys with one roster spot have no problem spending all their FAAB on one guy in the auction... that's fine.. works the same way in the NBA. Teams spend all their open cap space on a max guy, and fill their roster with minimum players (ie, $0 players).

      But if everyone has the same amount of cap it's lady luck instead of strategy. And typing "200" and hitting enter isn't really strategy either. It's whoever has the fastest fingers.. which really shouldn't be a "tactic" to get better.

      I'll go with the majority of course. Currently I don't think having money during the season (at least a significant amount of money) is really helpful, unless if some guy goes off and nobody saw it coming. Even then that guy will probably go for like $15 at most.
      FAAB still has a lot of value in the regular season. Sure, many guys go for free but then some important players have gone for FAAB, it's each person's choice how they manage or mismanage their resources. I bid max money on Nance Jr. last auction but then I turned around and traded for $60 FAAB in the regular season so I could throw my weight around on the WW. That led to me landing Landry Shamet and Robert Williams. Shamet is poised to be a top 100 player this year and arguably max FAAB potential(not that he's hitting the market). Robert Williams was flipped for a pick which was used in some complex manuevering which eventually led to me delivering 007 a treasure trove of assets so I could land Giannis. Long story short, I don't have Giannis without the FAAB I traded for.

      Comment


      • Joey wrote: View Post

        I floated that in the past and people didn't go for it. Happy to revisit though.
        I think we should, especially this year seeing how so many people have max money.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post

          This is an interesting idea ... it's one of the few things that is "Random" in this league, and I've always wanted a new mechanism for doing this ... unless anyone else has an idea for the nomination order, I'll float this to the league for consideration:

          All in favor - Aye.
          Image result for thumbs up gif

          All opposed - Nay.
          Image result for thumbs down gif

          Gifs must be included for vote to count.

          I'll hold my vote to see if it's needed.


          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post

            This is an interesting idea ... it's one of the few things that is "Random" in this league, and I've always wanted a new mechanism for doing this ... unless anyone else has an idea for the nomination order, I'll float this to the league for consideration:

            All in favor - Aye.
            Image result for thumbs up gif

            All opposed - Nay.
            Image result for thumbs down gif

            Gifs must be included for vote to count.

            I'll hold my vote to see if it's needed.

            Yay.

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post

              FAAB still has a lot of value in the regular season. Sure, many guys go for free but then some important players have gone for FAAB, it's each person's choice how they manage or mismanage their resources. I bid max money on Nance Jr. last auction but then I turned around and traded for $60 FAAB in the regular season so I could throw my weight around on the WW. That led to me landing Landry Shamet and Robert Williams. Shamet is poised to be a top 100 player this year and arguably max FAAB potential(not that he's hitting the market). Robert Williams was flipped for a pick which was used in some complex manuevering which eventually led to me delivering 007 a treasure trove of assets so I could land Giannis. Long story short, I don't have Giannis without the FAAB I traded for.
              Yeah some teams use the waiver system.. I see some transactions for like $20 here and there. But the auction is where the big payments are made. Would be cool if teams had more money to spend so they can get they guy they wanted in free agency simply by having more money and not buy having faster fingers.

              I bet you could have gotten Shamet and Wiliams for a lot less. Looking at the transactions last year.. you out bid jbml for Shamet. You spent $10,, his bid claim was $0. For Williams you spent $46, and beat Joey's $18.

              So FAAB during the year is helpful.. but you really didn't need as much as you spent to get the guys you wanted.

              But if you had $300 instead of $200.. I bet you would have used all of it on Nance Jr.. and the team you got the extra $100 from would have gotten an asset (like a pick or another player).

              Comment


              • Apollo wrote: View Post

                Your FAAB budget doesn't exist until the auction and your roster is locked starting September 1st until the auction.

                If the league were to permit the trading of future FAAB it would likely drastically change the auction. It would be a big move away from the spirit of what it was about when the league was created eight years ago.
                this sums it up pretty well planet mars.. it would cause such a drastic shift to the system people have planned and already strategized for.
                in masai we trust

                water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                Comment


                • interesting idea with most roster spots bidding first... my only question is how do we randomize the other teams that all have 1 spot? surely if you customize to place miek and realizer in first order, you couldn't randomize the other half of 1 empty spot teams could you?
                  Last edited by koncept; Tue Sep 3rd, 2019, 04:17 PM.
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • koncept wrote: View Post

                    this sums it up pretty well planet mars.. it would cause such a drastic shift to the system people have planned and already strategized for.
                    I'm thinking for next year (2020 free agency), not this year.. and allow FAAB auction money to be traded between the day the season ends and Sep 1 when rosters are locked up. So it won't affect your strategy this season/summer.

                    Imagine trading your 2020 pick (next summer) for $100 in auction money, so that you can get the guy you wanted at free agency since you'd have the most money (arguably). You'd be trading your future for a win now guy. Win-win for both clubs. Just like the NBA does it too.

                    Comment


                    • koncept wrote: View Post
                      interesting idea with most roster spots bidding first... my only question is how do we randomize the other teams that all have 1 spot? surely if you customize to place miek and realizer in first order, you couldn't randomize the other half of 1 empty spot teams could you?
                      You could simply do inverted standings with the "best" team drafting second in the case of tie breaks.

                      Comment


                      • it wouldn't affect my roster this summer, but I've also lined up my years to have one player coming off the books each year that i can bid $200 on.

                        that being said im open minded towards changes that improve the league... whats the general consensus on this
                        in masai we trust

                        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                        Comment


                        • koncept wrote: View Post
                          it wouldn't affect my roster this summer, but I've also lined up my years to have one player coming off the books each year that i can bid $200 on.

                          that being said im open minded towards changes that improve the league... whats the general consensus on this
                          Seems like most aren't interested which is cool.. don't want to be too much of a trouble maker considering I'm a rookie,

                          Comment


                          • my only thing with that Apollo is I'm all for rewarding losing teams with better lottery ratings but affecting a draft order in which most teams only want one person by virtue of who won more games seems a bit unfair to winning teams. Shouldn't we all have a chance at getting our guy? that feels like it would reward the 5th and 6th place teams over the finalists..... non lottery is non lottery in the NBA and those teams all have equal opportunity in free agency
                            in masai we trust

                            water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                            Comment


                            • So here are the # of free agents each team needs at the auction to get to 15 spots by my quick math:

                              realizar - 9
                              mack north - 6
                              planetmars - 4
                              007 - 3
                              axel - 3
                              miek - 2
                              apollo - 2
                              tucas - 2
                              skywalker - 2
                              drizz - 2
                              coach - 1
                              danh - 1
                              wjf - 1
                              koncept - 1
                              joey - 1
                              jbml ???

                              Yeah not sure how you break the tie breakers there if we go by who needs the most signings first. If we go that road I say random draw and announce the rotation a couple of days (at least) before the auction starts.

                              I don't like using team standings since that can hurt someone who assumed they'd get luck of the draw or fast itchy fingers.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post

                                Yeah some teams use the waiver system.. I see some transactions for like $20 here and there. But the auction is where the big payments are made. Would be cool if teams had more money to spend so they can get they guy they wanted in free agency simply by having more money and not buy having faster fingers.

                                I bet you could have gotten Shamet and Wiliams for a lot less. Looking at the transactions last year.. you out bid jbml for Shamet. You spent $10,, his bid claim was $0. For Williams you spent $46, and beat Joey's $18.

                                So FAAB during the year is helpful.. but you really didn't need as much as you spent to get the guys you wanted.

                                But if you had $300 instead of $200.. I bet you would have used all of it on Nance Jr.. and the team you got the extra $100 from would have gotten an asset (like a pick or another player).
                                It's a blind auction. No one knows what they need to get the player they want. I've landed Bogdan Bogdanovic, Landry Shamet in the last two years thanks to FAAB. I flipped two other FAAB signings for draft picks that were very important to other trades. I think in season FAAB is a great under valued asset in many years.

                                I'm not so sure this year that will be the case given that like more than half the league can go all in on a max offer and there not being as much FAAB to go around in the regular season. It's a good year to have multiple vacant slots and lots of cap space.

                                I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with the proposed change because I think the current system works pretty well. What will happen is some teams who many vacancies and who can't go max will FAAB dump for crap picks or prospects to a contender and the excitement of the auction will be dead long before we ever get to October.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Tue Sep 3rd, 2019, 04:42 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X