Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Dynasty S7 Thread (temp) - Mack North is the Champion(temp)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Top ten auction signings from last year ranked by % owned this year:
    Pick 2018
    Auctioned Player
    Cost Team 2019
    Pre-Season
    Rank
    %
    Owned
    13 Bam Adebayo (Mia - PF,C) $199 Mieknstien Imperials 42 92%
    7 Larry Nance Jr. (Cle - PF,C) $200 Apollo Creeds 63 81%
    5 Montrezl Harrell (LAC - PF,C) $56 Joey's MonStars 86 79%
    9 Caris LeVert (Bkn - SG,SF) $200 koncept 88 77%
    19 Jeremy Lamb (Ind - SG,SF) $46 Tucas Tucaseseses 95 71%
    10 JaVale McGee (LAL - C) $11 Cody 73'ers 102 69%
    20 Patrick Beverley (LAC - PG,SG) $60 Mack North Posse 124 61%
    42 Tomas Satoransky (Chi - PG,SG) $1 Cody 73'ers 129 54%
    32 Zach Collins (Por - PF,C) $17 Tucas Tucaseseses 140 53%
    1 Kyle Anderson (Mem - SG,SF) $102 Joey's MonStars 131 44%
    Bam for 199 was a bargain. He is going to go off this year.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

We learned last year you can offer 200 when you nominate. It is a random who goes first with money type game.

US multislotters need to go first, nominate the big guys for a dollar, let you rich bastards waste your cash, and then get our guys for 1 dollar each.
      I wonder is it worth implementing an understanding that players must be nominated at $1?

Comment

• I heard earlier that you can't trade FAAB money before the auction. Is there a reason why? A guy like me who has to play for the future would be willing to trade some $$$ for a pick.. similar to in the NBA where a team with cap space, but no incentive to win, would trade money (or a bad contract/cap space) for a pick as free agents generally would not want to go there even though they have the cap space for it.

A guy with more money (ie, cap space) to spend in free agency could get the guy they wanted as they can out bid everyone.. and not rely on luck (like when they get their nomination window).

Might be more work for the commish to change the auction bids for certain teams.. and I'm not even sure if that's doable in Yahoo.

Comment

I wonder is it worth implementing an understanding that players must be nominated at $1?
          i would like most open slots to nominate first, and go down the list. watch all the middle sized fish go while the guys with 200 maybe buy, or wait and see if they get their guy.

Comment

• for the record i am 100% ok, with jblm just coming here and saying i signed them in the old sheet, and restating his resigns

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I heard earlier that you can't trade FAAB money before the auction. Is there a reason why? A guy like me who has to play for the future would be willing to trade some $$$ for a pick.. similar to in the NBA where a team with cap space, but no incentive to win, would trade money (or a bad contract/cap space) for a pick as free agents generally would not want to go there even though they have the cap space for it.

A guy with more money (ie, cap space) to spend in free agency could get the guy they wanted as they can out bid everyone.. and not rely on luck (like when they get their nomination window).

Might be more work for the commish to change the auction bids for certain teams.. and I'm not even sure if that's doable in Yahoo.
              it's so apollo doesn't start the auction with 402 dollars and 2 open slots

Comment

Hey if Apollo can get $202 from trades, all the power to him.

Comment

I heard earlier that you can't trade FAAB money before the auction. Is there a reason why? A guy like me who has to play for the future would be willing to trade some $$$ for a pick.. similar to in the NBA where a team with cap space, but no incentive to win, would trade money (or a bad contract/cap space) for a pick as free agents generally would not want to go there even though they have the cap space for it.

Your FAAB budget doesn't exist until the auction and your roster is locked starting September 1st until the auction.

If the league were to permit the trading of future FAAB it would likely drastically change the auction. It would be a big move away from the spirit of what it was about when the league was created eight years ago.

Comment

Yes, I guarantee you I'll break the auction if we're allowed to trade for FAAB.

Comment

i would like most open slots to nominate first, and go down the list. watch all the middle sized fish go while the guys with 200 maybe buy, or wait and see if they get their guy.
                      I personally like your idea a lot.

Comment

Your FAAB budget doesn't exist until the auction and your roster is locked starting September 1st until the auction.

If the league were to permit the trading of future FAAB it would likely drastically change the auction. It would be a big move away from the spirit of what it was about when the league was created eight years ago.
                        That's fine.. since rosters are locked in, I get the point there. Maybe we allow auction money to be dealt in trades during the draft up until Sep 1. Like when the summer officially starts. That's when everyone gets a fresh $200.. so perhaps an idea for next season?

I'm not sure what the original spirit of the auction was. Isn't it like "free agency" in the NBA? Guys with cap space (ie, money) get first crack at the top dogs in the league. If everyone is in the same situation money wise, it's really first come first serve (ie, quickest trigger, or lady luck depending on when your nomination window is).

Just throwing an idea on the table.. that's all.

Comment

There's always plenty of FA's that become available during the season to spend your FAAB $ on. If you don't use it all in the draft, you'll have it for them or to trade someone else.

I would not be in favor of changing the current system. It's been working great and provides an even playing field(and entertainment) going into the auction draft every year, especially for those with one roster slot to fill.

I do think the auctioning for all players should start at $1... It's anticlimactic and not as fair to start/closeout a bid by hitting $200 right away. You're dependent on where you fall in the random draft order to get your guy.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I do think the auctioning for all players should start at $1... It's anticlimactic and not as fair to start/closeout a bid by hitting $200 right away. You're dependent on where you fall in the random draft order to get your guy.
                            Its also unintended that guys would be nominated for max money and not hit the board for competition.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

There's always plenty of FA's that become available during the season to spend your FAAB $ on. If you don't use it all in the draft, you'll have it for them or to trade someone else.

I would not be in favor of changing the current system. It's been working great and provides an even playing field(and entertainment) going into the auction draft every year, especially for those with one roster slot to fill.

Just looking at the history of the waiver system.. most guys go for $1 or even $0... it's why guys with one roster spot have no problem spending all their FAAB on one guy in the auction... that's fine.. works the same way in the NBA. Teams spend all their open cap space on a max guy, and fill their roster with minimum players (ie, $0 players).

But if everyone has the same amount of cap it's lady luck instead of strategy. And typing "200" and hitting enter isn't really strategy either. It's whoever has the fastest fingers.. which really shouldn't be a "tactic" to get better.

I'll go with the majority of course. Currently I don't think having money during the season (at least a significant amount of money) is really helpful, unless if some guy goes off and nobody saw it coming. Even then that guy will probably go for like $15 at most.

Comment

I floated that in the past and people didn't go for it. Happy to revisit though.

Comment

Working...
                                X