Fantasy Points League (S2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Points League (S2)

Welcome to season two of the Fantasy Points League!

This NBA fantasy league is different than all other leagues here at Raptors Republic. Here are some key aspects:
    • Hosted by Yahoo.
    • Casual league, great starting point for those new to fantasy sports or those who want a league will little work.
    • Up to 20 teams.
    • Rosters will be ten players plus five IR slots.
    • No worrying about setting your lineups, everyone starts who is active and not on IR.
    • No worrying about positions, there are none. Start all centers, start all PG's or anything you can imagine in between.
    • Head-to-head points league.
    • Unique scoring system similar to fantasy football (explained below).
    • Auction draft involving up to 200 NBA players.
    • No keepers, redraft each season.

Scoring Explained
    • There are six categories used in calculating total score:
      Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, TO
    • There are six multipliers used in calculating total score:
      0.117,0.140,0.175,0.350,0.350,-0.117
    • For each player, each of the six stats is multiplied by its respective multiplier and then those six numbers are added together. This is performed for all ten active players on your roster.
    • All ten active players scores are then added together to determine a total score for the week.
    • The winner is whoever has the highest total team score in your head to head matchup.

Below is a hypothetical scoring breakdown of a team (stats based on 2017-2018):

The scoring multipliers have been determined based on Yahoo's standard multipliers, adjusted in a way to produce average weekly scoring as close to actual NBA scoring as possible.The average PPG for an NBA team in 2017-18 was 106.4 points. In this league, based on 2017-18 stats, the average weekly head-to-head team score should be approximately 106.4 fantasy points. That is, if you draft wisely and have a little luck.
    Auction Draft Settings
    • Nom time limit: 15 seconds
    • Bid time limit: 10 seconds
    • Budget: 200
    • Order: Random

Draft Time
    • Draft set to Sunday, Oct 20 @ 7:00PM EST.
    • Estimated draft length is 1hr 5min.

Last Year's Scoring
    Playoffs
    • Eight teams (maximum allowed @ Yahoo).
    • Standings tie breaker is the regular season record against opponent

Last Season
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 10, 2019, 07:41 AM.

full restart? i would suggest making sure we have all our teams, and then discussing the league scoring. i agree with adding some guard heavy skills to the scoring weight.

i can't remember the scoring formula, could you paste it here. i thought i had a post with it completely broken down, but i can't find it.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      full restart? i would suggest making sure we have all our teams, and then discussing the league scoring.
      Everyone from last year was rolled into this year and yeah, no keepers. Draft time estimate is 1 hr and 5min... For 200 players. Fast and furious.

i agree with adding some guard heavy skills to the scoring weight.

i can't remember the scoring formula, could you paste it here. i thought i had a post with it completely broken down, but i can't find it.
      I'll locate my spreadsheet and refresh you guys.

Comment

I'd prefer a draft later in the day if it will be on the 19th. Like at 5pm (EST) if possible. If that's too difficult to do than I may have to do an auto-draft which isn't the end of the world.. in fact I bet I'd do better with an auto draft team than I did last year

Comment

Mars, evening will work for me. I'd prefer it to be on a Sunday and I'm sure most will agree.

Give mean exact day and time and I'll provide an exact day and time. Others will too I'm sure and then I'll make a poll and we can vote. We'll need to sync up with Joey to make sure there's no scheduling conflicts with the other leagues. Let's keep it democratic, yes we can!

Comment

full restart? i would suggest making sure we have all our teams, and then discussing the league scoring. i agree with adding some guard heavy skills to the scoring weight.

If I look at the projected stats for 2019-2020.. in the top 20, 10 are guards, and 10 are bigs. I think the scoring is already fair.

This was the math used last year:
            Points Scored (PTS) 0.116
            Total Rebounds (REB) 0.139
            Assists (AST) 0.174
            Steals (ST) 0.348
            Blocked Shots (BLK) 0.348
            Turnovers (TO) -0.116

Comment

Yeah, that's what I contended last year too. The scoring seems to be actually more balanced/representative of the NBA than regular leagues.

Comment

I’d be down to try this again. I don’t have a lot of recommendations for change. I’ll just live with whatever consensus rules are in place.

Comment

I'm in, but agree on the Sunday over Saturday.

Comment

Ok, so it sounds like Dynasty is drafting @ 4pm EST on Oct 20th. Our draft should take around an hour. For those dyansty members, before or after? I'm thinking 6 or 7pm EST on Oct 20th would work well, thoughts?

Comment

7 EST works for me, gives a good little break in between drafts.

As for modifications to this league, I'm not sure. I don't recall too much movement last year so it's kind of all about the draft.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        As for modifications to this league, I'm not sure. I don't recall too much movement last year so it's kind of all about the draft.
                        I think if 16/20 teams make the playoffs then players will move.

Comment

Yahoo caps it at eight teams for the playoffs.

Comment

nice. yeah scoring format is fine with however it was for me. gives a new look when opposed to other leagues. after dynasty is good
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Ok, draft set to Sun Oct 20 7:00pm EST as a better placeholder. My vote is for this time. Mack's vote is for this time.

Anyone who this doesn't work for just give me a date and time and we'll make the poll and all can vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X