Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post

    Yeah and if he could have done that any other week that would have been much better. A regular night from him and I'm up in 3's and within striking distance on points. Sadly we live in this reality and I think I'm too far out to make up the difference tonight.
    Considering I'm without Fox, Lowry, Ayton and Gobert (partially), my sympathy factor is really quite low.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • Axel wrote: View Post

      Considering I'm without Fox, Lowry, Ayton and Gobert (partially), my sympathy factor is really quite low.
      Like I said, this is the reality we live in.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • Lost by just a couple assists and steals. Damn that’s tough
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

        Comment


        • 007 wrote: View Post
          Lost by just a couple assists and steals. Damn that’s tough
          007, your team needs to get healthy already. I'm not writing this one off early but I have a big advantage here with Vuc out.

          Comment


          • Apollo wrote: View Post

            007, your team needs to get healthy already. I'm not writing this one off early but I have a big advantage here with Vuc out.
            I’m trying! Curry’s the only one with a long-term injury, everyone else will hopefully be back within the next couple weeks

            But yeah, I’m probably screwed this week
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

            Comment


            • And just like that I'm only 1 game back of 5th place. Let's GO!! koncept, sorry to say it, but you are going down this week my friend.

              Comment


              • This league is weird. I’m 4-1 but yet still so far away from being remotely considered a contender. Where we’ve had so many people sell off for picks and prospects that they didn’t realize they’ve front loaded the top 3 or 4 teams in the league so much that their picks and prospects won’t matter.

                I mean I love what Wiggins has done this year but a team that has Wiggins as their best player has no business at the top of the league

                Comment


                • tucas wrote: View Post
                  This league is weird. I’m 4-1 but yet still so far away from being remotely considered a contender. Where we’ve had so many people sell off for picks and prospects that they didn’t realize they’ve front loaded the top 3 or 4 teams in the league so much that their picks and prospects won’t matter.

                  I mean I love what Wiggins has done this year but a team that has Wiggins as their best player has no business at the top of the league
                  I remember a time when a 4-1 tucas would be claiming World Domination, and making Wiggins it Ruler and Supreme Being.

                  Not going to lie ... I kinda miss that tucas. This realistic, mature, and humble tucas is kinda ... meh ... Haha

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post

                    I remember a time when a 4-1 tucas would be claiming World Domination, and making Wiggins it Ruler and Supreme Being.

                    Not going to lie ... I kinda miss that tucas. This realistic, mature, and humble tucas is kinda ... meh ... Haha
                    That Tucas dominated the league early but traded Giannis for Larry Sanders, and then James Harden for a terrible package I can’t even remember, after failing to secure a title in the league’s infancy. That was the Tucas Tunesquad.

                    This is the Tucas Tucaseseses. And we have been humbled.
                    Last edited by tucas; Mon Nov 25th, 2019, 07:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • tucas wrote: View Post
                      This league is weird. I’m 4-1 but yet still so far away from being remotely considered a contender. Where we’ve had so many people sell off for picks and prospects that they didn’t realize they’ve front loaded the top 3 or 4 teams in the league so much that their picks and prospects won’t matter.

                      I mean I love what Wiggins has done this year but a team that has Wiggins as their best player has no business at the top of the league
                      I could see you winning 11 games. That's a seventh or eighth seed. Your team looks improved, Tucas.

                      To me, it looks like the same old league except a few names at the top changed due to a couple of former contenders opting to cash out and rebuild. I wish them the very best in that.

                      Comment


                      • You have to remember we're in a 16 team league. 15 players rostered and 16 teams is 240 players rostered. you have a big handful under 75 rank and a lot hovering around 100 rank. We also dont have an IR (which i enjoy btw, even though I've had some bad luck years past with injury, we all have) so teams with health is a big factor too. I think Wiggins has taken another step and having a career year looks legit. There have been teams that have won before without a top 10 guy, its not a necessity. I think we've had a new champion every season, so although teams can contend for a window there does seem to be some changeover....

                        DanH is one example of having more than one pick in a year through smart management and look how good his roster looks now. I think rookies are getting more open run on most NBA teams in recent years which makes turn arounds even quicker for rebuilding teams in our league.
                        Last edited by koncept; Mon Nov 25th, 2019, 09:44 PM.
                        in masai we trust

                        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                        Comment


                        • Joey wrote: View Post
                          And just like that I'm only 1 game back of 5th place. Let's GO!! koncept, sorry to say it, but you are going down this week my friend.
                          Bring it Joey!!!
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • Apollo wrote: View Post

                            I could see you winning 11 games. That's a seventh or eighth seed. Your team looks improved, Tucas.

                            To me, it looks like the same old league except a few names at the top changed due to a couple of former contenders opting to cash out and rebuild. I wish them the very best in that.
                            My point is more I can look at your team and I would clearly see 5 or 6 players who are better than my best player. Yet we’re separated by just 1 game.

                            There’s been a huge difference between my team and the teams at the bottom of the league, yet I feel I’m closer to them than to making up that 1gb difference to you, or even Koncept, or Mack, or Axel.

                            But maybe I’m just super lucky to be 4-1 right now and I’m overthinking it.

                            Comment


                            • koncept wrote: View Post
                              You have to remember we're in a 16 team league. 15 players rostered and 16 teams is 240 players rostered. you have a big handful under 75 rank and a lot hovering around 100 rank. We also dont have an IR (which i enjoy btw, even though I've had some bad luck years past with injury, we all have) so teams with health is a big factor too. I think Wiggins has taken another step and having a career year looks legit. There have been teams that have won before without a top 10 guy, its not a necessity. I think we've had a new champion every season, so although teams can contend for a window there does seem to be some changeover....

                              DanH is one example of having more than one pick in a year through smart management and look how good his roster looks now. I think rookies are getting more open run on most NBA teams in recent years which makes turn arounds even quicker for rebuilding teams in our league.
                              Not saying the league hasn’t had a ton of parity up to this point. But what I’m saying is I would consider myself still in the “picks and prospects” phase. But we’ve reached a point in the last year or so where I’d say we have 11 people in that phase and they’ve funnelled the stars to the remaining 5.

                              And I also totally agree that not a lot of these trades have been super unfair individually, and kudos to those at the top who put themselves in a position to make those trades, but it’s crazy that those who are trading for picks and prospects are only considering how their own team will look and not how they’re setting up the others with the top 20 players in the league for years to come. So great you hit an absolute stud in the draft maybe even back to back years. You now have 2 top 30 players. Someone else has 3 of the top 10

                              So yes, parity up to this point, but it with a disproportionate amount of “tankers” the parity will begin to disappear.

                              Comment


                              • tucas wrote: View Post

                                My point is more I can look at your team and I would clearly see 5 or 6 players who are better than my best player. Yet we’re separated by just 1 game.

                                There’s been a huge difference between my team and the teams at the bottom of the league, yet I feel I’m closer to them than to making up that 1gb difference to you, or even Koncept, or Mack, or Axel.

                                But maybe I’m just super lucky to be 4-1 right now and I’m overthinking it.
                                I felt the same way a few seasons ago when I looked at where I was compared to the mcHappy, skywalker contenders. I knew I was a clear step down and in that strange middle ground between the true contenders and re-builders (or hardcore tankers), but in my experience, the gap was attainable with fewer moves than feared.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X