This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    It’s absolutely crazy to me Apollo’s ability to pick up scrubs off waiver wires, convince someone they’re actually relevant by posting in the forums an update every time they make a basket, and then flip them for legitimate assets.

like it’s actually become a viable strategy
    People respect the 11-1 Creeds' scouting department. We're good at identifying future studs.

If it's something else other than that then copycat your way to the top.

Comment

The idea has always been you have to be able to absorb the first waiver contract. If you can’t absorb one year than you can’t first waiver
      Well, the idea was to emulate the NBA, where a team can absorb a player's waived contract and thereby get the Bird Rights (which is what translates into resignable rights in our league) attached to that contract. In the NBA teams need enough cap room to be able to absorb such a contract. If the player clears waivers then other teams can sign the player to whatever contract they like - which is what our "second waivers" system is.

But players on minimum contracts (which typically don't come with Bird Rights, or often don't at least) can be claimed by any team, even teams over the cap. Which is why it would make perfect sense not to have the first waivers restrictions on unresignable deals that we do on resignable deals.

Now, we don't have to go that way, but the current system makes little sense to me. Why would teams with cap space get an advantage over other teams on a contract that you don't need cap space to sign in the first place?

But this was mostly just me projecting assumptions on a gray area in the system, definitely not something explicitly agreed to in the rules. I don't much care either way which way we decide to go. The logic behind the rule in the first place was to match the waiver system in the NBA, but we've deviated from NBA logic before when it made sense (in this case I personally don't think it does - obviously since I thought it already worked the other way - but that's just me and I'm one of many here).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
        wait, so somebody actually traded for hartenstein? hype train success
        Apollo could sell a chicken & rib combo to a vegan.
        The Double Champ is here!
        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• I'm up right now but it sure does look like Jimmy Butler will need a career scoring night for me to hang on for the win.

Butler vs. Nunn & DeRozan.

Comment

• Wow, I got crushed last night. A few of my guys have thrown up major duds recently. Congrats Dan

I've been very busy recently so haven't had the chance to really sit down and go over it all, but I will be looking to make some moves - not a teardown though, so don't send me offers for Curry/Lillard unless they're huge ones. Anyone with a 1-year contract is available, though Brogdon and Lopez a bit less so
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• had no answer to the coach this week, well played.

got the team on free throw practice all this coming week
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Good matchup Tucas. Didn't have enough guys to put up a fight. You got a scrappy bunch there!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  Wow, I got crushed last night. A few of my guys have thrown up major duds recently. Congrats Dan

I've been very busy recently so haven't had the chance to really sit down and go over it all, but I will be looking to make some moves - not a teardown though, so don't send me offers for Curry/Lillard unless they're huge ones. Anyone with a 1-year contract is available, though Brogdon and Lopez a bit less so
                  I refuse to accept congratulations yet because if I do Brogdon will somehow close the gap all on his own tonight.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I refuse to accept congratulations yet because if I do Brogdon will somehow close the gap all on his own tonight.
                    That’s true, all I need is Brogdon to score 46 points with 14 threes and I’m in business

Comment

• Well done Ballswin.

Comment

That’s true, all I need is Brogdon to score 46 points with 14 threes and I’m in business
                        Well if he gets 14 threes that's 42 points right there.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well if he gets 14 threes that's 42 points right there.
                          He’s only got 1 at halftime so I think you’re safe. It’s not like we’re dealing with Marcus Smart or something

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Good matchup Tucas. Didn't have enough guys to put up a fight. You got a scrappy bunch there!
                            Maybe you should make a trade that gets you some more active players

Comment

Maybe you should make a trade that gets you some more active players
                              Hahah ... ya about that ... I'll send a counter. I've grown attached to one unnamed young prospect.

Comment

He’s only got 1 at halftime so I think you’re safe. It’s not like we’re dealing with Marcus Smart or something
                                Okay. Now I can say, good game Bond.
                                ​​​​​​
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X