Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post

    Well he's in trouble because Zion is the man.
    Zion’s a lamb hyped as a lion. He’ll eat himself out of Louisiana by the end of his rookie contract. Have that for dinner!
    RR OG

    Comment


    • I tell you who's not a lamb: Trevor Ariza. First game, no practice and no playbook knowledge: 4 3PM, 21 Pts, 7 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl. That won't be a nightly event but I think he fits what they're running.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        I tell you who's not a lamb: Trevor Ariza. First game, no practice and no playbook knowledge: 4 3PM, 21 Pts, 7 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl. That won't be a nightly event but I think he fits what they're running.
        Ariza about to be traded for Zion and 2 picks

        Comment


        • Ariza is not for sale. His veteran presence might be important during this title run.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            The issue of having "place holder years" inserted to the cap was irregardless of Rookie/FA status - the place holders are against the empty roster spots, not the eventual players. It's purely so that people that have, for example, 13 players on their offseason roster and are at 38 year cap, aren't acquiring/drafting someone with 2 years, and not having enough space in their cap to fill their roster come Auction time.

            That said, you can't trade someone with 0 years on their contract. So terms must be agreed prior to any deal, and therefore you must have the space to accomodate whatever terms you are agreeing to prior to a trade. But if you draft someone and then want to drop them prior to the September 1st deadline, that's on you for wasting the pick; no reason for a cap hit.

            This is my understanding at least. Happy to discuss.
            This is exactly how I understood it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              ...if you draft someone and then want to drop them prior to the September 1st deadline, that's on you for wasting the pick; no reason for a cap hit.
              I agree.

              Now, I think this policy ought to also apply to FA players acquired during the off-season auction: If a manager chooses to buy player(s) and then wants to drop them prior to the season-start deadline for assigning years, that’s also on them for wasting their auction dollars; no reason for a cap hit.



              RR OG

              Comment


              • SmartSelect_20200125-090022_Chrome.jpg
                Week 14 Movement:
                (=) Axel
                (=) Apollo (-2%)
                (=) 007 (+1%)
                ​(=) Koncept (+1%)
                (+1) DanH (+3%)
                ​​​​​(-1) WJF
                (=) Realizar (+3%)
                (=) Mack (+3%)

                Dan continues his climb up the power rankings and now has almost closed the gap with Koncept. I suspect the pros will do a U-turn on their views of my Ariza move by next week.

                Comment


                • Gentlemen, I'll be MIA for a week. So, congrats or better luck next time to WJF. Good luck to Coach next week, I have my lineups set.

                  Comment


                  • happy the warriors shuttled cauley-stien out, and kept chriss. looks good for next year.

                    Comment


                    • The only scenario where there should be an undesired cap hit is if a player just forgets to assign years, and then the default assumption is 1 year. Seems to me a player should always be free to back out of a contract right up until the years are written in stone.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        The only scenario where there should be an undesired cap hit is if a player just forgets to assign years, and then the default assumption is 1 year. Seems to me a player should always be free to back out of a contract right up until the years are written in stone.
                        I agree. I think Realizar is mentioning the free agents because he usually has 10 slots to fill. So if he doesn't show up to draft, he should be able to take 0 on all the players he doesn't want and fill on the waiver wire.

                        I'm not sure if this is exact, but I think it is. In this scenario, the day after free agent draft is 1st waivers, and we can only add/drop 3 a week.

                        Comment


                        • so crazy about kobe. RIP. far too young man.
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • this years picks and levert for Bojan.
                            in masai we trust

                            water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                            Comment


                            • i like that trade both ways.

                              Comment


                              • if joey gets 2020 pick does 2021 go to tucas?

                                edit add: this one is very convoluted.
                                Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Jan 27th, 2020, 10:22 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X