X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

I think Joey got Klay for a steal. I got CP3. Cody liquidated like he was bankrupt.
    Traded Norm Powell for him. And Stanley Johnson.

Honestly, I woulda much preferred Norm these last couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    koncept wrote: View Post

threads used to be spicy. but def not for the better. we've also settled a lot of rules that came up in the past tho so maybe less to argue about
    One thing I would say was better was the playoff / top-seed race chatter. That season had a 3-way tie for 1st place entering the final few weeks and about 6 teams battling for the 6-7-8 seeds, so lots of engaging storylines especially with so many trade picks, so teams openly cheering for certain teams to lose.

But yeah, drama was completely insane.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

And if that wasn't crazy enough, that same year mcHappy quit RR and his fantasy team right before the playoffs (he had Steph and Klay on his roster at the time, so a top team). Reading through the old thread is insane (both in that I'm taking the time to do it, but also the content. Grade A+ trash talk on a regular basis, but also legit psycho posts with 3 dynasty members now banned from RR for various reasons). Good fucking times.
    threads used to be spicy. but def not for the better. we've also settled a lot of rules that came up in the past tho so maybe less to argue about

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

You mean my deal of #37 ranked Marvin Williams for #35 ranked Rudy Gobert wasn't a good deal for Cody? (rankings estimated but fairly accurate I believe).
    I think Joey got Klay for a steal. I got CP3. Cody liquidated like he was bankrupt.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Just found this beauty of a snooch post in that old thread:

"i kicked my mother in law out of my house on Christmas Eve and she has been staying in a motel since then.......twas Fucking Awesome."

Guy was completely off his rocker.
    RR has had many interesting characters through the years. This place used to be a magnet for it for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Ceez's team went to Apollo mid-season when he threw a hissy fit about not wanting to set his line-ups to get a better draft pick.
    Funny thing is that the team won the lotto. Too bad Ben Simmons developed a phobia towards shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Ceez's team went to Apollo mid-season when he threw a hissy fit about not wanting to set his line-ups to get a better draft pick.
    And if that wasn't crazy enough, that same year mcHappy quit RR and his fantasy team right before the playoffs (he had Steph and Klay on his roster at the time, so a top team). Reading through the old thread is insane (both in that I'm taking the time to do it, but also the content. Grade A+ trash talk on a regular basis, but also legit psycho posts with 3 dynasty members now banned from RR for various reasons). Good fucking times.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

I don't recall who had Cody's team before he took over, maybe snooch or ceez?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Also, that year had a lot of alcohol-related trade offers being discussed in the thread. Weird days compared to now. Although Mack's comment about Joey's team as "Joey's Non-Stars" is still fairly accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

So interesting he was ejected.
    Just found this beauty of a snooch post in that old thread:

"i kicked my mother in law out of my house on Christmas Eve and she has been staying in a motel since then.......twas Fucking Awesome."

Guy was completely off his rocker.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Not quite. I remember this clearly because I accepted a one win team in the closing weeks of the season. Then not long after Matt was out and 007 was in. He got to keep some really good guys from that team (Steph, Giannis, Russ, etc) and the rest went into an expansion style draft with Cody, who took over a crap team and he too protected some guys and the rest went in the pool. Actually, Cody had some decent protected keepers too (Gobert, CP3, Kobe...). 007 then won the expansion draft hands down and the value Cody received was fleeced via trades not long after.

Here's a trip to the museum for you. See around post #3012:
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ague-s4/page76
    You mean my deal of #37 ranked Marvin Williams for #35 ranked Rudy Gobert wasn't a good deal for Cody? (rankings estimated but fairly accurate I believe).

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Snooch was in dynasty? That guy was an interesting character.
    So interesting he was ejected.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

When 007 took ownership from mcHappy, his team and Cody's were both put into a draft between the two teams. It was the best team and worst combined together in a pool where 007 and Cody went back and forth selecting their new teams. 007 managed to get pretty much all the top players somehow and the rest is history!
    Not quite. I remember this clearly because I accepted a one win team in the closing weeks of the season. Then not long after Matt was out and 007 was in. He got to keep some really good guys from that team (Steph, Giannis, Russ, etc) and the rest went into an expansion style draft with Cody, who took over a crap team and he too protected some guys and the rest went in the pool. Actually, Cody had some decent protected keepers too (Gobert, CP3, Kobe...). 007 then won the expansion draft hands down and the value Cody received was fleeced via trades not long after.

Here's a trip to the museum for you. See around post #3012:
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ague-s4/page76

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

When 007 took ownership from mcHappy, his team and Cody's were both put into a draft between the two teams. It was the best team and worst combined together in a pool where 007 and Cody went back and forth selecting their new teams. 007 managed to get pretty much all the top players somehow and the rest is history!
    Snooch was in dynasty? That guy was an interesting character.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Who had Cody's team before 2015? But my team has to be in the running for worst run team lol

2020 - 15th
    2019 - 13th
    2018 - 16th
    2017 - 15th
    2016 - 14th
    2015 - 13th

Leave a comment:

Working...
X