Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post

    Doesn't look like it. But looks like we got a bite from berta!

    Berta, I'll send a PM in a little bit.

    In the meantime, we need to discuss the Draft ... NBA Draft is on November 18th. We should try to schedule something soon. And set the rest of the dates for contracts and everything else.

    Step 1. Establish Dynasty Rookie Draft date

    Step 2. Set date for Re-signs and Rookie Contracts

    Step 3. Then set dates for Free Agent Auction (usually closer to start of next season)

    Accepting suggestions from the group. Don't think there will be any summer league or anything, so I think we're drafting blind this year.
    Speak for yourself! No picks, no problems!
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • Joey wrote: View Post

      Doesn't look like it. But looks like we got a bite from berta!

      Berta, I'll send a PM in a little bit.

      In the meantime, we need to discuss the Draft ... NBA Draft is on November 18th. We should try to schedule something soon. And set the rest of the dates for contracts and everything else.

      Step 1. Establish Dynasty Rookie Draft date

      Step 2. Set date for Re-signs and Rookie Contracts

      Step 3. Then set dates for Free Agent Auction (usually closer to start of next season)

      Accepting suggestions from the group. Don't think there will be any summer league or anything, so I think we're drafting blind this year.
      I recommend waiting for a couple weeks, we might get a lot more clarity about the offseason scheduling for the NBA near the end of the month, and once we have that it will be easier to peg our draft and free agency timing.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • Good day, Gentlemen!

        I'm sure by now we've all heard that the 2020-21 NBA season will commence on December 22! This is just approximately 6 1/2 weeks out!

        With that in mind, I wanted to start the conversation about the important dates for our league. The 2 relevant NBA dates are listed below, and sandwhiched in between are potential league dates.

        RRDL 2020 dates V 1.0 haha

        Wednesday, November 18 – NBA Draft

        Sunday, November 22 – Rookie Draft - Started from
        Sunday, November 29 – Re-signs - gives 1 week to assess roster post rookie draft
        Sunday, Dec 13 – Free Agent Auction - 2 weeks to see who's in the free agent pool, and 9 days before season starts
        Sunday, Dec 20 – Free Agent & Rookie Contracts - Week after free agency; 2 days before season starts

        Tuesday, December 22 – New Season starts

        What are your thoughts??

        Comment


        • skywalker wrote: View Post
          Good day, Gentlemen!

          I'm sure by now we've all heard that the 2020-21 NBA season will commence on December 22! This is just approximately 6 1/2 weeks out!

          With that in mind, I wanted to start the conversation about the important dates for our league. The 2 relevant NBA dates are listed below, and sandwhiched in between are potential league dates.

          RRDL 2020 dates V 1.0 haha

          Wednesday, November 18 – NBA Draft

          Sunday, November 22 – Rookie Draft - Started from
          Sunday, November 29 – Re-signs - gives 1 week to assess roster post rookie draft
          Sunday, Dec 13 – Free Agent Auction - 2 weeks to see who's in the free agent pool, and 9 days before season starts
          Sunday, Dec 20 – Free Agent & Rookie Contracts - Week after free agency; 2 days before season starts

          Tuesday, December 22 – New Season starts

          What are your thoughts??
          Was coming here to make the exact same post. Lol 6 weeks is not alot of time. Appreciate the suggestions Skywalker!

          I think we could do the Auction Draft on the 20th as well. We're usually about that close to the start of the season with it anyway, but that's also deep in holiday season, so it makes sense.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post

            Was coming here to make the exact same post. Lol 6 weeks is not alot of time. Appreciate the suggestions Skywalker!

            I think we could do the Auction Draft on the 20th as well. We're usually about that close to the start of the season with it anyway, but that's also deep in holiday season, so it makes sense.
            We could do the auction on Dec 20. Would the rookie and free agent contracts be due on before season starts? That only gives us 1-2 days to get the sign the contracts. I'm not opposed to this, as long as everyone is committed to getting it done in that short amount of time. (Or is it usually this short?)

            The benefit I see of doing the Free Agent auction on Dec 20, is we could move every other date forward a week:
            Nov 29 - Rookie Draft
            Dec 6 - Resigns
            Dec 20 - Free agent auction
            Dec 22 - Free agent & rookie contracts

            Comment


            • hello gentlemen, happy to get back on track here. I have all of December off so any dates work for me, just keep us posted.
              in masai we trust

              water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

              Comment


              • skywalker wrote: View Post

                We could do the auction on Dec 20. Would the rookie and free agent contracts be due on before season starts? That only gives us 1-2 days to get the sign the contracts. I'm not opposed to this, as long as everyone is committed to getting it done in that short amount of time. (Or is it usually this short?)

                The benefit I see of doing the Free Agent auction on Dec 20, is we could move every other date forward a week:
                Nov 29 - Rookie Draft
                Dec 6 - Resigns
                Dec 20 - Free agent auction
                Dec 22 - Free agent & rookie contracts
                Ya it's usually about that tight I think, but as I said, some people might have holidays or something, so we'll wait and see. Nothing can happen until the Draft anyway, so we got a couple weeks to get everything sorted.

                Comment


                • Rookie draft - not involved, don''t care, have at 'er whenever ya like.

                  FA auction - Dec 20 works for me, contracts in before first tip on Dec 22
                  The Double Champ is here!
                  Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                  Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                  Comment


                  • ​​​​​​FA auction - December 20th makes sense.
                    Resignings - The closest it can be to FA auction, the better. A lot can change suddenly on the leadup to opening tip.
                    ​​​​​​Draft - N/A for me.

                    Comment


                    • Dec 20 works for me.. would prefer in the morning, just because it's the holidays and evening plans are in flux right now given it's only November. But truthfully it shouldn't really matter. Can do the draft from my phone. Just pretend I'm going to the can to take a big dump or something if I'm at my in-law's house or something.

                      I'm okay with the rookie draft as well. Just need to know how much time we get per selection. I have two in a row and this draft is going to be weird. Especially if we don't get a "summer league". So might need some time between picks or even before my first pick.


                      It's too bad Miek isn't coming back. With that said, can we get someone to take over his cap sheet duties? That thing was a life saver for me last season.


                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Dec 20 works for me.. would prefer in the morning, just because it's the holidays and evening plans are in flux right now given it's only November. But truthfully it shouldn't really matter. Can do the draft from my phone. Just pretend I'm going to the can to take a big dump or something if I'm at my in-law's house or something.

                        I'm okay with the rookie draft as well. Just need to know how much time we get per selection. I have two in a row and this draft is going to be weird. Especially if we don't get a "summer league". So might need some time between picks or even before my first pick.


                        It's too bad Miek isn't coming back. With that said, can we get someone to take over his cap sheet duties? That thing was a life saver for me last season.

                        Draft window has been 3 hours per pick. So if yours are 2 in a row, then you'll 6 hours.

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Can do the draft from my phone. Just pretend I'm going to the can to take a big dump or something if I'm at my in-law's house or something.

                          Comment


                          • Any chance we could schedule the FA auction in the evening? Easier for me to attend reliably, but I can make other times work if that's an issue.

                            I think the posts above all seem reasonable. No strong opinions on the scheduling.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • Those dates work for me.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                              Comment


                              • I don't know who's with me but I'm open to talking some trades. Goes without saying that Giannis and Luka are off limits. Just avoid any word in general that may start with "gi" or "lu".


                                Oh and I noticed Yahoo sent out an email that leagues can open. It won't be long now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X