No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That team will be screwed... i think it should receive the consensus top pick(according to actual 2020 NBA Draft) at each draft slot... he has 3 of them.

Comment

• Missing all these dates and not checking in since August tells me jbml has given up. The new owner should not suffer and I dont believe other owners shoulf truly benefit because of it. It's a shitty situation.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Ugh ... ya, this if unfortunate. Don't know what to do about jbml. Send him an email as well.
        With JMBL missing, and a 1st overall rookie pick going unused, and the team going to a new owner, should we as a league step in and use the NBA draft as 'default' rankings for this rookie draft? Meaning since JBML missed that pick, he gets Anthony Edwards?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post

With JMBL missing, and a 1st overall rookie pick going unused, and the team going to a new owner, should we as a league step in and use the NBA draft as 'default' rankings for this rookie draft? Meaning since JBML missed that pick, he gets Anthony Edwards?
          I think this makes loads of sense both as an emergency ruling and in future drafts if anyone misses their time slot. Sort of like yahoo drafting for you if you miss the auction - usually a disappointing result but nothing that will completely destroy your team.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As the General Manager with the 4th pick, I disagree with this proposal vehemently!!... but as Commissioner I agree wholeheartedly. Lol

Comment

• Me: Frankly I will not stand for it. This is an outrage! jbml missed his pick fair and square!

Also me: We will proceed with this change.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think this makes loads of sense both as an emergency ruling and in future drafts if anyone misses their time slot. Sort of like yahoo drafting for you if you miss the auction - usually a disappointing result but nothing that will completely destroy your team.
                Just for the record, I am not in favour of this becoming the standard rule for anyone who misses their draft window. In my humble opinion, each manager should know when they are drafting, and if they can't make it, they can forward their pick preferences to one of the Commissioner's. And if you miss the draft, you've forfeited your pick. We can all agree this is an elite level fantasy league.

HOWEVER, this situation calls for a different solution, and I like using the NBA draft as a default rookie ranking just so JMBL's team isn't screwed.

The takeaway from this experience is that we should think about adding a new "important date" on the Dynasty calendar.

I propose that for future seasons, we set a date, 2 weeks before rookie draft as a check in. On that date, it is mandatory that everyone involved in the league check in to confirm their commitment for that season. If we don't hear from people by that date, we are given ONE WEEK to track them down. If they can't be tracked down by 1 week, we get a new owner who has at least a few days to get a feel for his team, this league, etc. Of course, any manager can reach out to one of the commissioners to confirm prior to that date.

I know that was a lot. haha

Thoughts?

Comment

• Yeah maybe we should table the long term discussion and just power through this particular draft, as this is the very definition of mitigating circumstances.

Usually the offseason is where we make changes like that but given the proposal from skywalker it is very much an in-season conversation to have, when engagement is highest.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah maybe we should table the long term discussion and just power through this particular draft, as this is the very definition of mitigating circumstances.

Usually the offseason is where we make changes like that but given the proposal from skywalker it is very much an in-season conversation to have, when engagement is highest.
                    I agree with you completely! Let's power through this draft!

And yes, absolutely! Let's have a conversation around the proposal in-season when we are all present.

Comment

• I think the first question is: is JBML in or is he out?

If he's in, then he missed his pick. If he's out then I think league leaders should play caretaker or name a new owner and let that person pick. I don't have any stake in the draft either way but that team looks a lot better for the next guy with those picks in the mix and the gap between good and bad teams is already large. Just my two cents.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Sun Nov 29, 2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I'd rather we skip jbml's pick than just give him Edwards. I know that seems harsh, but at this point unless we are 100% confirmed that someone else is taking his team, we shouldn't gift him a pick. If someone is taking his team, than that team/owner should make a pick with his selection.

My ideal proposal is.. if you miss your draft window you can still make a selection, but you can still make it, but the guy after you gets to pick first. So since jbml missed his window, skywalker can make his pick. If jbml misses coach's window, than coach can make his pick and on and on we go. If there is no jbml by the end of the draft, then so be it.

I know I'm just saying this because I have two picks in the lottery. And if I have a chance to move up due to negligence on an existing owner then I want to pounce on that chance.. just like skywalker did with his.

Comment

• My 2 cents is to give the person that misses the draft the defaulted pick from the actual draft (highest available). I think I am on the clock and I'm weighing trade proposals so I hope we can figure this out soon.
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

• The above is also reasonable except if jbml is being replaced with a new owner. Hardly fair to them to take on a team in rougher shape than it has to be.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I seem to be the lone voice against giving jbml's team Edwards. But on the other hand, I would rather complete the draft than to debate this topic right now. So I'll vote with the majority as well.

Comment

• Alright well with Joey already giving the Commish stamp of approval and the debate fading, I think The Coach can proceed with his pick, with jbml having taken Edwards.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X