Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Also, dont we need a new season thread?
    Ya, I usually wait until after the Auction Draft though.

Comment

• Hello gentlemen!

I have 2 picks left in this years draft, and I am not opposed to trading one or both. (Also don't mind keeping them haha).

Chris Boucher is also on the trade block. We all know he's a unique talent, who could get a shot at decent minutes this season. He could be an x-factor on a championship team. I'll be entertaining offers until it's time for my pick.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        Hello gentlemen!

I have 2 picks left in this years draft, and I am not opposed to trading one or both. (Also don't mind keeping them haha).

Chris Boucher is also on the trade block. We all know he's a unique talent, who could get a shot at decent minutes this season. He could be an x-factor on a championship team. I'll be entertaining offers until it's time for my pick.
        I sent you a message skywalker.

Also, what are the rules on off-season trading. For example, I have 3 guys I wish I could sign but can only sign 2 of them. Can I trade one of them for someone else to sign? I guess I'm asking when they're contract with me is actually up.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

I sent you a message skywalker.

Also, what are the rules on off-season trading. For example, I have 3 guys I wish I could sign but can only sign 2 of them. Can I trade one of them for someone else to sign? I guess I'm asking when they're contract with me is actually up.
          Nope. You have to resign them in order to trade them. Contracts roll over right after the Fantasy Finals end.

Comment

• So does WJF take Patrick Williams if he doesn't show? Or does he not get the jbml treatment?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              So does WJF take Patrick Williams if he doesn't show? Or does he not get the jbml treatment?
              Probably only fair to be universal in application of that rule for this season. And then crack down on the rules moving forward by some method agreed to later.

Just my thinking, anyway.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Probably only fair to be universal in application of that rule for this season. And then crack down on the rules moving forward by some method agreed to later.

Just my thinking, anyway.
                I don't think WJF should receive the JBML treatment. Remember, we're not doing anything for JMBL. We are doing something for the person who will inherit the team because no one has heard from him in so long. On the other hand, WJF just signed off on the dates. Context is different. He still has a few hours to make a pick, but if he doesn't show, I believe the pick is lost.

Comment

• Tough league to be a commish in!

RR was already kind of losing its grip on keeping people around in this community. The big site change (still not a fan); the lack of drama with a functional front office and a championship to boot; then covid.. it's tough to get an entire group of Raptor fans back. Some of which had teams for the entire dynasty run.

I was against giving JBML (and his new team) Edwards. It would have probably meant one of Hayes or Toppin dropping to me! So it would be hypocritical to deny WJF a chance to get a pick in this draft too. But since we gave JBML (and his new team) a top pick in the draft, I vote with DanH on this one for consistency purposes. Give WJF the automatic pick, which would have been Patrick Williams in this case.

I do also see the difference in situations where JBML's team will have a new owner, but WJF's team won't (although are we 100% sure on that?). But to me it's really the same. WJF has a lottery team too. And the draft can help boost him up in this league (in theory). With Covid and RR being far less popular than year's past, I don't think he should be punished unfairly. But I do agree that we need a set policy in place for future drafts going forward.

Ultimately I agree with whatever everyone agrees to. But this is my two cents for whatever it's worth.

Comment

• I'm not even participating in this rookie draft. but from my opinion, We've all been habitualized to mosey on back to the forum late July every off season by instinct now.... given the added stresses of covid to some peoples lives/schedules he may have forgotten all about it given the NBA finals felt like one week ago. My vote would be to give any benefit of the doubt to owners in this particular oddball restart date for a season and give him the pick.
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Tough league to be a commish in!

RR was already kind of losing its grip on keeping people around in this community. The big site change (still not a fan); the lack of drama with a functional front office and a championship to boot; then covid.. it's tough to get an entire group of Raptor fans back. Some of which had teams for the entire dynasty run.

I was against giving JBML (and his new team) Edwards. It would have probably meant one of Hayes or Toppin dropping to me! So it would be hypocritical to deny WJF a chance to get a pick in this draft too. But since we gave JBML (and his new team) a top pick in the draft, I vote with DanH on this one for consistency purposes. Give WJF the automatic pick, which would have been Patrick Williams in this case.

I do also see the difference in situations where JBML's team will have a new owner, but WJF's team won't (although are we 100% sure on that?). But to me it's really the same. WJF has a lottery team too. And the draft can help boost him up in this league (in theory). With Covid and RR being far less popular than year's past, I don't think he should be punished unfairly. But I do agree that we need a set policy in place for future drafts going forward.

Ultimately I agree with whatever everyone agrees to. But this is my two cents for whatever it's worth.
                      I'm also fine with the same ruling as jbml... and I was also directly affected as I drafted after each of them as well. There is also time for WJF... if not, I say he gets defaulted Williams.
                      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

• Team WJF is selecting Deni Avdija. Looking to lock up that Washington front court with Rui already on the squad.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Alright The Coach you're up!
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pick # Team Name Pick Window Notes / Pick
                            1 jbml Sun. 29th 12am - 12 noon Anthony Edwards
                            2 skywalker Sun. 29th 12 noon - 4pm Lamelo Ball
                            3 Coach Sun. 29th 4pm - 8pm James Wiseman
                            4 Joey Sun. 29th 8pm - 12am Obi Toppin
                            5 bertarapsfan Mon. 30th 12am - 12 noon Killian Hayes
                            6 planetmars Mon. 30th 12 noon - 4pm Onyeka Okongwu
                            7 planetmars Mon. 30th 4pm - 8pm Tyrese Haliburton
                            8 WJF Mon. 30th 8pm - 12am Deni Avdija
                            9 Coach Tues. Dec 1st 12am - 12 noon ON THE CLOCK
                            10 jbml Tues 1st 12 noon - 4pm
                            11 DanH Tues 1st 4pm - 8pm
                            12 bertarapsfan Tues 1st 8pm - 12am
                            13 jbml Wed. 2nd 12am - 12 noon
                            14 skywalker Wed. 2nd 12 noon - 4pm
                            15 tucas Wed. 2nd 4pm - 8pm
                            16 skywalker Wed. 2nd 8pm - 12am

Comment

• I'll take offers for this pick. My top guys were drafted. Send them tonight!
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• ** Trade announcement! **

The Coach has traded his 9th pick in the 2020 NBA draft for Derrick White. Derrick White has 2 years left on his deal.

The 9th pick will be announced shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X