RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

Not one of you Blouses bid $1.00 on Hornets back-up point guard extraordinaire, Devonte’ Graham, and only one of you forked over a lousy $5.00 on DJJ - the one player Pat ‘Godfather’ Riley refused to trade (over Josh ‘Hang-Glide’ Richardson) to sign ‘Blue-Collar’ Butler to a max contract...

And jbml goes broke spending $195 on Toyota Tercel Davis... Brother, you need to lay-off that medicinal Canopy weed.

Truth be told, I had jbml over my place last night, we’re smoking that sweet Canopy sensi, he bets me none of you Fugazi’s will lift a dollar for Devonte’, so I bet him a max FAAB would win him Tercel Davis... well spank my spouse’s apple-bottom jeans, we both won!
    Just saw the box score of the Miami game. The crow was a little under cooked but tasty enough. Nunn must have made a strong case for minutes by now, well done.

Comment

Don’t know about no crow; I refuse to feed the pigeons; and all I hear are the bubbles from the champagne bottle I’ve been swigging from since the break of dawn.

As the black priest of the evil Jesuits, I hereby proclaim that The Nunn is NOT being shopped to tricks or johns on the Vatican fantasy trade block.
      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Oct 24, 2019, 11:36 AM.
      RR OG

Comment

Don’t know about no crow; I refuse to feed the pigeons; and all I hear are the bubbles from the champagne bottle I’ve been swigging from since the break of dawn.

As the black priest of the evil Jesuits, I hereby proclaim that The Nunn is NOT being shopped to tricks or johns on the Vatican fantasy trade block.
        Walked into that one.

Let's see what happens when Jimmy returns.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Shiny and new.

Only thing I wonder about having in the CBA is the lineup and roster rules to ensure full rosters and that players can’t be benched if there is available space in the lineup.
          Have we established rules around this? I recall discussing it, but can’t recall a resolution.

There are only 3 games tonight, so no active players should be on your bench.

What I’m trying to say is, guys, set your lineups. Haha

Comment

Can we use some strategy with lineups? Say its Sunday and I'm winning in turnovers or FG% or something and would prefer not playing a guy that could screw up one or both categories? Or that's not allowed either?

Comment

Unsportsmanlike conduct of this sort is grounds for team revocation. Start your players; set you line-ups; avoid provocation. This ain’t your kids Keeper’s League.
              RR OG

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Can we use some strategy with lineups? Say its Sunday and I'm winning in turnovers or FG% or something and would prefer not playing a guy that could screw up one or both categories? Or that's not allowed either?
                i'm pretty sure that is allowed if it is a tactic to win a week, not to lose a week, and not setting lineups is a pattern quickly picked up on. most likely if you forgot to set your lineups once no one would notice.

edit add: i think it is ok if you had lebron james and kcp on the same team and they had to play the same position to play kcp. i believe that is the extent of tanking permitted.

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post

Have we established rules around this? I recall discussing it, but can’t recall a resolution.

There are only 3 games tonight, so no active players should be on your bench.

What I’m trying to say is, guys, set your lineups. Haha
                  This rule has been established for years. You can't have active players on your bench with empty spots in your lineup unless, like Miek pointed out, it's done for strategic purposes to win that week (so bench on Sunday to ensure winning TOs). If you are trying to win, then it's all good.

As for empty roster spots, owners should try their best to ensure that if they trade away more players than they receive, that they put in multiple waiver claims to try and get a new player as soon as possible on the next waiver cycle.

You can't drop a player without adding a player.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I’m contesting this interpretation of the rulebook; there’s no difference between benching your turnover prone and brick shooting players on Monday or Sunday.
                    RR OG

Comment

I’m contesting this interpretation of the rulebook; there’s no difference between benching your turnover prone and brick shooting players on Monday or Sunday.
                      I don't have a problem with the strategic benching of players that could hurt you in certain categories at any day of the week. What I am against here is forgetting to set lineups, (especially after a waiver wire pickup!!!) or blatantly tanking by benching players that could useful.

Since the set up of this league is H2H One-Win, one night of missing lineups could change things in a big way.

The goal here is activity. Manage your team well.

All that said, I really don't think it's a major issue here. BUT if we catch you, we will fine you.

May the actual worst team lose.

Comment

Strategic benchings have always been allowed, and will continue to be.
                        I track all this sort of stuff throughout the year, and am usually pretty good at finding patterns and calling people out. I plan on that continuing, but it literally takes 2 clicks and 15 seconds to set your lineups for the whole week now - even through the app.

There is literally zero excuse for it, so I'm ok if people want to now write this in stone and come up with some sort of "fine".

My preference is people just respect the other managers in the league enough to do us all that small courtesy of setting your damn lineups.

Comment

My question is this: Is benching an active player to keep a starting roster spot vacant acceptable? I say it’s not.
                          RR OG

Comment

i wanna update the dynasty draft history

i just wanna make sure i got this right, it was deleted so i can't backtrack to check

1 zion drizz
                            2 mordant skyW
                            3 RJ Mars
                            4 Garland Coach
                            5 Hunter Coach
                            6 Culver dan
                            7 Hayes Dan
                            8 White Coach
                            9 Reddish Coach
                            10 Rui WJF
                            11 Clarke Dan
                            12 Goga SkyW
                            13 NAW koncept
                            14 Herro Miek
                            15 Porter tucas
                            16 Sekou SkyW
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

My question is this: Is benching an active player to keep a starting roster spot vacant acceptable? I say it’s not.
                              It's Sunday. You have a full crew starting, you're up 5-4 on Team A, who has no players left to play. One of the categories you're winning is TO but you're only winning it by five TO's. You note that of those starting players, two of them average three TO's per game. What do you do?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

It's Sunday. You have a full crew starting, you're up 5-4 on Team A, who has no players left to play. One of the categories you're winning is TO but you're only winning it by five TO's. You note that of those starting players, two of them average three TO's per game. What do you do?
                                What do YOU do?
                                RR OG

Comment

Working...
                                X