RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i think he is good for about 20 shots a game. this is melo. lol. i hope he does well, but melo aging is like iverson aging.
    I agree 100% but... A team hungry for defense and scoring at the forward spots signs a washed up, lazy defender who made his mark at scoring but who cannot shoot anymore. What could go wrong? I think the most likely outcome is he has a couple memorable moments but ultimately bombs, they do a deal for a real PF and Nassir Little continues to get his 20MPG and fantasy relevancy.

When I saw Melo's name pop up I thought "well shit, cancel the Nassir parade" but then I thought "wait a second, the Blazers will still needs defense and a little Nassir, goes a long way. Parade is on". Anyway, Melo looks like a soon to be Ballswin'er if I ever saw one.

Comment

• to me, melo is a player who is famous for being in a strong draft class, and for taking the respectable stance of not fucking over his old team like lebron, and bosh did. in retrospect he probably regrets having new york gut itself to get him, but he spent his twenties rich, and famous in new york so it was probably a really really good time.

seems like a career loser, in the sense that he doesn't win, who loves to shoot the ball.

Comment

to me, melo is a player who is famous for being in a strong draft class, and for taking the respectable stance of not fucking over his old team like lebron, and bosh did. in retrospect he probably regrets having new york gut itself to get him, but he spent his twenties rich, and famous in new york so it was probably a really really good time.

seems like a career loser, in the sense that he doesn't win, who loves to shoot the ball.
        That was the peak of the "gotta play in a big market or bust" era of that period of the NBA. For Melo to make the moves he made, winning a championship was never the priority. It seems like Melo was the priority. Even now he's saying he just wants to play. He's not saying he just wants to win; not that there's anything wrong with that. I think you're right, he probably was getting what he really wanted in NYC... And then he tasted what being a Knick is truly about when he was forced to work for Phil in a role Phil didn't seem qualified to perform.

Forcing his way out of Denver turned out to be legacy killer for Melo but paved the way to Masai greatness. Arguably they both may have found success had Melo stayed but thankfully for us Raptors fans we'll never know.

Long story short. Masai = great, Melo = very good.

Comment

• I don’t know what BAM did to force his away off the Miek Imperils lol because from what I see he sure looks good playing for the Skullwalkers lol
          RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            I don’t know what BAM did to force his away off the Miek Imperils lol because from what I see he sure looks good playing for the Skullwalkers lol
            i didn't want dsj, and middleton was offered, and a pick. wanted to keep bam, but really didn't want hypis smith jr anymore.

Comment

i didn't want dsj, and middleton was offered, and a pick. wanted to keep bam, but really didn't want hypis smith jr anymore.
              You've had some tough luck early on this season. You dealt for Middleton and boom he's out a month. You dealt for Shamet and boom, grade 2 ankle sprain, out at least a month. Silver lining is its good for your lotto odds in a nice looking top of the draft.

Comment

• Missed this one.
                Mack North wrote: View Post

Get your usage while you can, I just saw a video of Wall dunking during pregame. 👀

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Missed this one.

We already knew this, but he'll be back next year for the THREEPEAT!

Comment

I agree 100% but... A team hungry for defense and scoring at the forward spots signs a washed up, lazy defender who made his mark at scoring but who cannot shoot anymore. What could go wrong? I think the most likely outcome is he has a couple memorable moments but ultimately bombs, they do a deal for a real PF and Nassir Little continues to get his 20MPG and fantasy relevancy.

When I saw Melo's name pop up I thought "well shit, cancel the Nassir parade" but then I thought "wait a second, the Blazers will still needs defense and a little Nassir, goes a long way. Parade is on". Anyway, Melo looks like a soon to be Ballswin'er if I ever saw one.
                    Enjoy the "Little" usage you get out of Nassir. See you on the WW next week, pal.

Comment

but... A team hungry for defense and scoring at the forward spots signs a washed up, lazy defender... Melo looks like a soon to be Ballswin'er if I ever saw one.
                      Pishhh...

The guns-Blazers are going to keep Nassir ‘Little Snausage’ canned liked Spam to play Bazemore more cuz Terry ‘Streak Thug’ Stotts knows and does what’s best for Blazer thug-brother James Ballswin (Realizar).

BOH!

RR OG

Comment

• I can't wait to take out the trash in weeks 12 & 13.

Comment

I can't wait to take out the trash in weeks 12 & 13.
                          What’s a fantasy garbage man like you to do but take out the trash?! Lol
                          RR OG

Comment

• How many of you Dynasty fools know that JJJ comes from a prodigious NBA championship journeyman pedigree?

See: JJS
                            RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                              How many of you Dynasty fools know that JJJ comes from a prodigious NBA championship journeyman pedigree?

See: JJS
                              I’m so happy JJJ is back in my barn.
                              RR OG

Comment

• Brogdon leaves tonight’s game hurt...this is just comedy at this point

I’m now down to just eight healthy bodies, four top-50 guys on the shelf
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X