No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW question. apollo is at 39 and rose was on 1st waivers. the order of the signings is carmelo first, so he makes 40, and since rose was on 1st waivers, apollo would have to wait until 2nd. it is an issue in regards of us having control over waiver importance. for example if apollo went rose first he would be under the cap, and melo would be kosher. kind of like the colangelo cap brain fart.

i don't know if anyone else went for rose, or if owner's care.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

I said 5 WW periods and the O/U was set at 5.5 in Vegas. He made to the 8th I believe, so if you took the over in this one you can collect your winnings from the Bank of Scrubs, where you can put your very own bid in on him for Thursdays WW period.
      Any team not vying for a playoff birth and who has the potential to extend him past this season would be wise to roll the dice. Just go back and look at the couple weeks the 19 year old got minutes. Legit talent.

I could have flipped him for a few different top 50 assets if I was willing to add in another piece to the equation that wasn't any of my top guys. I just didn't want to part with said proposed pieces and so here Nas is, ripe for the taking.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        WW question. apollo is at 39 and rose was on 1st waivers. the order of the signings is carmelo first, so he makes 40, and since rose was on 1st waivers, apollo would have to wait until 2nd. it is an issue in regards of us having control over waiver importance. for example if apollo went rose first he would be under the cap, and melo would be kosher. kind of like the colangelo cap brain fart.

i don't know if anyone else went for rose, or if owner's care.
        I outbid Tucas on both Melo & Rose. It's my understanding that it's my choice which gets a re-signable contract where they both went through the same period. Maybe I'm wrong, please clarify, this is a good question.

Edit:
        One more thing, does Ballswin get cap relief if I signed Rose and chose him as the re-signable (assuming I have a choice)?
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I outbid Tucas on both Melo & Rose. It's my understanding that it's my choice which gets a re-signable contract where they both went through the same period. Maybe I'm wrong, please clarify, this is a good question.
          i think i am being anal, and i don't remember this happening before. rose is guaranteed 1 year because you signed him off first waivers. his contract came off of who ever had him in the counting against cap space.

the issue for me is the order(waiver wire priority).

Comment

One more thing, does Ballswin get cap relief if I signed Rose and chose him as the re-signable (assuming I have a choice)?
            yes, the 1 comes off of his cap. lucky he isn't one of the unresignables because that transfers too.

Comment

Edit:
              I don't think we've ever had this situation before, but I would think that the Melo signing is considered first since, as per Yahoo rules regarding waiver priorities, Melo had the higher bid amount.

In that case, Apollo wouldn't be eligible to bid on Rose. The other question is, what was Rose's contract when he was cut? Miek has already tried to update the cap sheet, so I don't see Rose on Ballswin's cap.

Ballswin would get cap relief in the sense that a player picked up on first waiver wont count towards his list of cut players counting against the cap because you are essentially picking Rose up with his existing contract. So if Rose was cut on a 3 year deal, to make a first waiver claim on him, a team would need 3 years of cap space to fit him. It's only on the second waiver period that a player's waiver contract starts at 1.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

I don't think we've ever had this situation before, but I would think that the Melo signing is considered first since, as per Yahoo rules regarding waiver priorities, Melo had the higher bid amount.

In that case, Apollo wouldn't be eligible to bid on Rose. The other question is, what was Rose's contract when he was cut? Miek has already tried to update the cap sheet, so I don't see Rose on Ballswin's cap.

Ballswin would get cap relief in the sense that a player picked up on first waiver wont count towards his list of cut players counting against the cap because you are essentially picking Rose up with his existing contract. So if Rose was cut on a 3 year deal, to make a first waiver claim on him, a team would need 3 years of cap space to fit him. It's only on the second waiver period that a player's waiver contract starts at 1.
                rose was a 1. i took it off of realizar already. that's why it is confusing me. if rose was first the 39 becomes 40, melo gets an unresignable 1.

is it money spent that makes priority? i thought it was the order we placed the claim in. i have been cancelling and reclaiming claims that i think are more or less important because i thought that was how priority went.

Comment

i think i am being anal, and i don't remember this happening before. rose is guaranteed 1 year because you signed him off first waivers. his contract came off of who ever had him in the counting against cap space.

the issue for me is the order(waiver wire priority).
                  EDIT: This below is assuming I have no choice, which is inconsistent with other league rules where there IS choice.

No, I signed Melo first because I bid higher on Melo and the log shows him coming in first.
                  Capture.JPG
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 3, 2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Totally forgot about this ripple. I'm rarely on the market so its never come up.

Comment

rose was a 1. i took it off of realizar already. that's why it is confusing me. if rose was first the 39 becomes 40, melo gets an unresignable 1.

is it money spent that makes priority? i thought it was the order we placed the claim in. i have been cancelling and reclaiming claims that i think are more or less important because i thought that was how priority went.
                      I think it should the team's choice. Put it this way. If my cap was 35 it would be my choice what contracts they get so why would it not be here?

Comment

I think it should the team's choice. Put it this way. If my cap was 35 it would be my choice what contracts they get so why would it not be here?
                        Rose can't be changed because he was claimed off of first waivers. It's like when a 30 million bum goes on waivers and no one picks him up because they have to pay him 30 million.

Comment

Rose can't be changed because he was claimed off of first waivers. It's like when a 30 million bum goes on waivers and no one picks him up because they have to pay him 30 million.
                          I get you now. Given the cap situation, I have no choice because otherwise I had no right to claim Rose and sign Melo to a re-signable deal. The only way it works here is if Rose was flagged by me to be re-signed because he was waived. Right?

Comment

I get you now. Given the cap situation, I have no choice because otherwise I had no right to claim Rose and sign Melo to a re-signable deal. The only way it works here is if Rose was flagged by me to be re-signed because he was waived. Right?
                            yes, if you wanted to resign rose after this year.

Comment

yes, if you wanted to resign rose after this year.
                              Ok, well, I'm not going to bullshit it here in order to keep both. I bid more on Melo and I was planning on having an option to re-sign him. When I claimed Rose I didn't realize he was still on "waivers" waivers. Rookie mistake and my apologies go out to the league.

BUT the second bidder was Tucas, who is capped... And the third claim was Ballswin and so he's the rightful owner here... I think.

Comment

• When you have multiple waiver claims in for Yahoo, then the priority is set by your bid amount. So if someone was looking to cut a player, let's say Bargnani for retro shits and giggles, and you really want to be rid of him, you would be wise to put multiple waiver claims in on other players. In that case, Yahoo will process your waiver claims in the order based on the highest bid first. So if you bid $11 on Melo, $5 on Rose and $2 on Noah (since we are already discussing circa 2009 players), Yahoo would process Melo claim first and then would send you notices that Rose and Noah failed because "Bargnani is no longer on your roster to be able to drop".

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't follow Yahoo's waiver rules for order of operations, in this case, Melo was signed first, making Rose ineligible to be claimed by a capped out roster for this specific waiver period.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X