RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    When you have multiple waiver claims in for Yahoo, then the priority is set by your bid amount. So if someone was looking to cut a player, let's say Bargnani for retro shits and giggles, and you really want to be rid of him, you would be wise to put multiple waiver claims in on other players. In that case, Yahoo will process your waiver claims in the order based on the highest bid first. So if you bid $11 on Melo, $5 on Rose and $2 on Noah (since we are already discussing circa 2009 players), Yahoo would process Melo claim first and then would send you notices that Rose and Noah failed because "Bargnani is no longer on your roster to be able to drop".

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't follow Yahoo's waiver rules for order of operations, in this case, Melo was signed first, making Rose ineligible to be claimed by a capped out roster for this specific waiver period.
    Then its clear cut. I messed up and it should be reversed. Tucas was second but he also didn't have a rightful claim. James was third.

Comment

• did anyone not capped go for rose? if not is there resistance to melo and rose going to apollo, with melo unresignable?

edit add: or a comissioner please undo the rose, and melo gets the 1 and is resignable.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        did anyone not capped go for rose? if not is there resistance to melo and rose going to apollo, with melo unresignable?

edit add: or a comissioner please undo the rose, and melo gets the 1 and is resignable.
        Capture.JPG

Comment

• Apollo acting confused to gloss over the fact that he dropped Little after hyping him up daily

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
            Apollo acting confused to gloss over the fact that he dropped Little after hyping him up daily
            I'm not the only one confused. What's 40+1?

Comment

• Mark my words, Nas will be on someone's roster in a multi year deal this time next year. Guaranteed.

Comment

• If all three teams were ineligible to put in a bid on Rose, then I would say that no one gets him this time, as it is possible there was an over-capped team that was aware of the rules and didn't submit a bid because of it. Rose would then be on the open market for the next waiver for all teams to bid on as they wish.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  If all three teams were ineligible to put in a bid on Rose, then I would say that no one gets him this time, as it is possible there was an over-capped team that was aware of the rules and didn't submit a bid because of it. Rose would then be on the open market for the next waiver for all teams to bid on as they wish.
                  For my understanding, why is James ineligible? He put in a $0 bid to reclaim his guy on waivers. Is this not allowed because he's capped?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Free Agency/ Player Movement
                    • Each team is assigned a budget of $200 for use at both the Free Agent Auction Draft and Open Free Agency
                    • The Free Agent Auction Draft is completed once annually (date to be determined) to assign remaining Free Agents to teams and complete Off Season Rosters. Once the Free Agent Auction is complete, you will have 3 days to assign years to your newly acquired players (up to 40 year cap).
                    • Once the Auction is complete, Open Free Agency begins, which is a Continually Running Waiver System in Yahoo; this means Waivers on Free Agents will be processed 3 times weekly. If a team is the "High Bidder" on a Free Agent for the Waiver Period, they will be awarded said Player. If a player is not claimed during his initial Waiver Period, he is placed back into Waivers.
                    • When a player is signed in Open Free Agency, the team must post in the league thread within 7 days if it is a multi-year contract; otherwise it is assumed to be a 1-year contract.
                    • Players can be signed if team is over the cap, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts.
                    • Players can be signed during the Playoffs, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts.
                    • Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications. Player can be cut mid-season, and if announced as Amnesty candidate, years will come off that off-season; Not before.
                    • At the end of the year each team is permitted to re-sign two expiring players on your roster, plus one player on an expiring DPE contract. This decision is to be made by the September 1st Extension Deadline.
                    • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap unless picked up on First Waiver Period.
                    • All trades are fair game if it works within the Salary Cap. Any team that is over the cap, must take back equal or fewer years in any trade.
                    The second point doesn't say the team making the signing assumes the old contract, it just says the original team is cleared of cap implications. One could argue it is implied that the new team gets the old deal but it's not clear. Easily misunderstood, especially for anyone who's not personally encountered it. It got both Tucas and I in the same WW period and one of us has proven to know what we're doing... Most of the time.

We might want to consider tweaking that second sentence a little.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

For my understanding, why is James ineligible? He put in a $0 bid to reclaim his guy on waivers. Is this not allowed because he's capped?
                      I would say yes, he waived the player and would be subject to the same rules as everybody else. To allow him to would grant the ability to almost "store" players on waivers, essentially carrying more than 15 roster players during a week without the cap consequences of repeated add/drops.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah if you are capped out you shouldn't be able to claim a guy on first waivers. Makes sense to me.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Yeah if you are capped out you shouldn't be able to claim a guy on first waivers. Makes sense to me.
                          FWIW this has also been my understanding of the rule and I plead ignorance to the fact that this was his first waiver period. Haven’t wanted to make a change in a while so haven’t been checking waivers, but with a few injuries on my team I looked and saw Melo and Rose so put bids on both of them. I should’ve checked the drops beforehand but yes I believe it’s been clear in the past that for the first waiver period you absorb the contract as is and have to be able to absorb it as is as well.

Comment

• The only part I would question for future reference is if someone drops someone not eligible to be resigned (1* on cap sheet), is then anyone able to make a bid first waiver period since you’d be absorbing a non resignable contract? Or still just those with space?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Yeah if you are capped out you shouldn't be able to claim a guy on first waivers. Makes sense to me.
                              Sorry I missed all this guys, but ya, this is the rule. If changes need to be made to the CBA, then we can do that. But this is the intent of the rule. Just like Waivers in the NBA.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post

FWIW this has also been my understanding of the rule and I plead ignorance to the fact that this was his first waiver period. Haven’t wanted to make a change in a while so haven’t been checking waivers, but with a few injuries on my team I looked and saw Melo and Rose so put bids on both of them. I should’ve checked the drops beforehand but yes I believe it’s been clear in the past that for the first waiver period you absorb the contract as is and have to be able to absorb it as is as well.
                                For anyone that might not know. If you scroll through the cap sheet under "counts against the cap" any player on first waivers has (1st) beside them to indicate they are on first waivers.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X