No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's better, Nasir Little, or Hartenstein?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      So who's better, Nasir Little, or Hartenstein?
      Hartenstien. The numbers don't lie but Little is only 19. Melo crashed his coming out party and there looks to be no hope that he'll get free to play this season. Hartenstien on the other hand might break free yet. He's a good lotto ticket for now and later. Little is more later but if I was not contending and I had cap then I'd have Nas.

I actually think there is a lot of potential on the WW right now for a team that has cap and is willing be to ballsy.

Comment

• Zion returns next week? drizz will have a full crew then except for Boogie. He's only one game back from a playoff spot. Joey and Ballswin might be on notice.

Comment

• Since this seems to still be an unclear issue for people, if you are over the cap, you cannot pick up a player on their first waiver period without the cap space to absorb that player's existing contract.

Two teams submitted a claim this period for PJ Tucker whom Mack cut just 2 days prior. Neither team was technically eligible to submit this waiver claim, as both were over the cap. Since no one else submitted a $0 bid, and Tucker's contract was just a 1 year deal, I don't intend to reverse anything in Yahoo this time as it may mess up priority sequence, but it is important that people understand this rule. If a player gets dropped with multiple years left on his deal, you need enough cap space to claim him on the first waiver period. If you want to be able to set his contract (or have it be 1 year), then you have to wait until the 2nd waiver period for that player.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Since this seems to still be an unclear issue for people, if you are over the cap, you cannot pick up a player on their first waiver period without the cap space to absorb that player's existing contract.

Two teams submitted a claim this period for PJ Tucker whom Mack cut just 2 days prior. Neither team was technically eligible to submit this waiver claim, as both were over the cap. Since no one else submitted a $0 bid, and Tucker's contract was just a 1 year deal, I don't intend to reverse anything in Yahoo this time as it may mess up priority sequence, but it is important that people understand this rule. If a player gets dropped with multiple years left on his deal, you need enough cap space to claim him on the first waiver period. If you want to be able to set his contract (or have it be 1 year), then you have to wait until the 2nd waiver period for that player.
            Sorry, for some reason I thought Mack had him on an unresignable deal, so there wouldn't be an issue with my claim, but perhaps I misread the cap sheet, it was late at night.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd be fine to drop him again, since no one else eligible claimed him. Then we can treat the next waiver period as his second, so everyone gets a fair shot (in case someone more awake than I was hoping to claim him in the 2nd window).

But I'm also happy to hold onto him if no one cares. Apologies for the mess.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Sorry, for some reason I thought Mack had him on an unresignable deal, so there wouldn't be an issue with my claim, but perhaps I misread the cap sheet, it was late at night.
                i think that unresignables that are dropped come with their 1*** on first waivers.

Comment

• The Creeds are happy to welcome Marc Gasol to the family. We offer warm thanks to Harty, he's gonna be a good one but we're prioritizing going for the Chip this season and this deal was too shortsighted to overlook.

Comment

• Can a non-resignable contract be signed and traded to a team with cap space? Not saying I want to do that, just looking at my options.

Comment

• Yes but they too will be unable to re-sign that player no matter their cap number.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Can a non-resignable contract be signed and traded to a team with cap space? Not saying I want to do that, just looking at my options.
                        Like you can sign a non-resignable contract in-season, and trade the player to another team in season. Will still be un-resignable.

But this summer, if you wanted to sign-and-trade the un-resignable player, you would not be able to do that.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wait, so all that hype train about a guy who played 1 minute (and 1 foul) in the box score last night was to simply trade for Marc Gasol?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• wait, so somebody actually traded for hartenstein? hype train success
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              wait, so somebody actually TRADED for hartenstein?
                              technically they got him AND $7

Comment

• So Miek, after DeAndre Ayton put up 26 points and 21 boards last night, the only fitting meme for our match up is...

Comment

Working...
                                X