RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    So Miek, after DeAndre Ayton put up 26 points and 21 boards last night, the only fitting meme for our match up is...

hahaha. when this week started i had 27 games to play, and you had 46. i don't even know how that works.

Comment

technically they got him AND $7

kyle korver, and woody harrelson are the only ones i know traded for a piece of office equipment.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Yes but they too will be unable to re-sign that player no matter their cap number.
        DanH wrote: View Post

Like you can sign a non-resignable contract in-season, and trade the player to another team in season. Will still be un-resignable.

But this summer, if you wanted to sign-and-trade the un-resignable player, you would not be able to do that.

Okay thanks.. that's what I wanted to know. So an un-resignable player is un-resignable for all teams even if traded to a team with cap space.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Okay thanks.. that's what I wanted to know. So an un-resignable player is un-resignable for all teams even if traded to a team with cap space.
          yes, with the caveat that if the 1*** contract gets dropped and goes past 1st waivers unclaimed, that player could be signed by a not capped team to any deal they like.

Comment

• should capped out teams be allowed to 1st waiver a 1***? that is the only contract they can offer anyway.

Comment

• Harty is an amazing athlete and a winner. #iHardyTheHype
              Axel wrote: View Post
              Wait, so all that hype train about a guy who played 1 minute (and 1 foul) in the box score last night was to simply trade for Marc Gasol?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

hahaha. when this week started i had 27 games to play, and you had 46. i don't even know how that works.
                Yeah I wondered that too. I assumed they took your injuries into account or something. 40-50 seems to be the typical range for games played.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

should capped out teams be allowed to 1st waiver a 1***? that is the only contract they can offer anyway.
                  I would generally say no, since they don't have the cap space to absorb them. This gives the natural advantage to cleaner cap sheets. This one is weird, as we sorta did a sports hybrid thing for this rule as opposed to a real NBA format.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

should capped out teams be allowed to 1st waiver a 1***? that is the only contract they can offer anyway.
                    Axel wrote: View Post

I would generally say no, since they don't have the cap space to absorb them. This gives the natural advantage to cleaner cap sheets. This one is weird, as we sorta did a sports hybrid thing for this rule as opposed to a real NBA format.
                    Ya, I'm pretty sure that's what we agreed to in the past. Capped out teams just essentially can't make a 1st Waiver claim.

Comment

• Week 13 Movement:
                      (=) Axel
                      (+1) Apollo (+4%)
                      (-1) 007 (-3%)
                      ​(=) Koncept (-2%)
                      ​​​​​(=) WJF
                      (=) DanH
                      (=) Realizar (-2%)
                      (=) Mack (-5%)

Comment

If we're calling unresignable contracts the equivalent of a one year minimum signing (which over cap teams can do), then they should be claimable by everyone too (as anyone can claim those contracts off waivers in the NBA, don't need cap space unlike most waived contracts). But I could understand if we didn't want to approach it that way.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Great battle so far this week, 007 - neck and neck going into the last 2.5 nights, with a few cats that could go either way. I've got the edge for now but you've got a couple games on me so it's going to be a nail biter.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If we're calling unresignable contracts the equivalent of a one year minimum signing (which over cap teams can do), then they should be claimable by everyone too (as anyone can claim those contracts off waivers in the NBA, don't need cap space unlike most waived contracts). But I could understand if we didn't want to approach it that way.
                            The idea has always been you have to be able to absorb the first waiver contract. If you can’t absorb one year than you can’t first waiver

Comment

• It’s absolutely crazy to me Apollo’s ability to pick up scrubs off waiver wires, convince someone they’re actually relevant by posting in the forums an update every time they make a basket, and then flip them for legitimate assets.

like it’s actually become a viable strategy

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                It’s absolutely crazy to me Apollo’s ability to pick up scrubs off waiver wires, convince someone they’re actually relevant by posting in the forums an update every time they make a basket, and then flip them for legitimate assets.

like it’s actually become a viable strategy
                                They don't call him the sun God for nothing. He be sonnin people like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X