RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koncept wrote: View Post

Correct me If I'm wrong, but mine and Joey's trade was a pure pick positional swap post lottery once out of the next 2 years. Joey having 0 pick would not result in me swapping my pick position with a non pick and receiving no pick myself.
    yes, but joey has other protections with skywalker on the 2020, and 2021.

if 2020 is top 5 joey keeps 2020, and skywalker gets 2021 unprotected
    if 2020 is 6-16 he can swap with koncept in 2020, or wait until 2021 at his discretion.

pretend joey ends 1st and you end 2nd.
    joey would keep his pick(16) and then get to switch with you if he wants, and he loses his 2021, so the 2nd of 2021 condition for joey to swap with you would be moot.

there is a bunch of bullshit, but tucas could end up with koncept at 12, and then joey give him the 16th pick if it is all the joey pick, and joey take the 12.

koncept is guaranteed, as it stands now either his own, or joey pick in 2020.

the one pick being traded this year is the same one with just extra conditions added to it. haha

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post

Joey would basically have to win out and you’d have to lose out for that to happen. So realistically this shouldn’t matter. I’m good with it.
      thank you, all solved.

Comment

• crazy
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

if 2020 is 6-16 he can swap with koncept in 2020, or wait until 2021 at his discretion.

joey would keep his pick(16) and then get to switch with you if he wants, and he loses his 2021, so the 2nd of 2021 condition for joey to swap with you would be moot.

there is a bunch of bullshit, but tucas could end up with koncept at 12, and then joey give him the 16th pick if it is all the joey pick, and joey take the 12.

the one pick being traded this year is the same one with just extra conditions added to it. haha

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

not that it matters now, but wouldn’t skywalker actually technically own the right to swap koncept since he has Joey’s pick if it’s worse than 5th?

Comment

• I was thinking this earlier this season, but now I think it may be worth vocalizing, I think we should really limit the way we can protect and swap picks. Way too many stipulations to go through right now

Comment

I was thinking this earlier this season, but now I think it may be worth vocalizing, I think we should really limit the way we can protect and swap picks. Way too many stipulations to go through right now
                Agreed. This has run a little rampant, it’s worse than the actual NBA now!

We already have a very nice Stepien rule in place with only two future draft picks available to trade. But I imagine that the if-then bits on these pick swaps are one of the hardest things for people to keep track of. Perhaps a rule that once a pick is traded, whatever protection is on it, it can’t have any modifications added to it thereafter, from neither the original owner nor the new one. Starting next season at earliest, of course. Or we just remove protections entirely, which would really simplify the cap sheet tracking, even if we still allow optional pick swaps (so long as they aren’t conditional).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Agreed. This has run a little rampant, it’s worse than the actual NBA now!

We already have a very nice Stepien rule in place with only two future draft picks available to trade. But I imagine that the if-then bits on these pick swaps are one of the hardest things for people to keep track of. Perhaps a rule that once a pick is traded, whatever protection is on it, it can’t have any modifications added to it thereafter, from neither the original owner nor the new one. Starting next season at earliest, of course. Or we just remove protections entirely, which would really simplify the cap sheet tracking, even if we still allow optional pick swaps (so long as they aren’t conditional).
                  I feel general protections or swaps should be fine. But you can’t trade a pick in the nba that’s already been traded with protections

Comment

• 2020 koncept(right to swap Joey pick if skywalker precondition(top 5) is not met, if swapped 2021 koncept reverts to koncept)
                    2021 Joey((conditional to skywalker if joey 2020 is top 5),(koncept(reverts to koncept if Joey swaps 2020)))
                    Like kudos to Miek but also, what the fuck.

Comment

• Crazy that Miek can figure out all that craziness but can't figure out how to field a competitive team...lol
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• i have no problem with position conditions (top 5 protected etc), but i think adding a new condition to a previously traded with conditions pick is a bit tricky.

Comment

Like kudos to Miek but also, what the fuck.
                          math brackets for the win baby.

Comment

not that it matters now, but wouldn’t skywalker actually technically own the right to swap koncept since he has Joey’s pick if it’s worse than 5th?
                            this is where the conditions on conditions get complicated. that technicality is why i brought up the issue.

in my brain i separate owner from pick. just as an example, why i said worse of koncept/joey, because at the end of conditions being met koncept is guaranteed one of those 2 picks.

Comment

• I have 25 games remaining on the week ... Axel has 40 ... how is that even a thing?! Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I have 25 games remaining on the week ... Axel has 40 ... how is that even a thing?! Lol
                                The league is rigged for me to win it all this year. No other possible explanation.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X