RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good news and bad news for you. Good news is we might get to complete our season after all. Bad news for you all is that Ben Simmons and Jonathan Isaac will likely be ready for the fantasy playoffs:

I doubt this... then theyre gonna come back in September for training camp after finishing in August? I doubt the regular sesson gets finished... straight to playoffs if anything. Arenas are booked for other things, I can't see EVERYTHING gett pushed back or axed.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

I doubt this... then theyre gonna come back in September for training camp after finishing in August? I doubt the regular sesson gets finished... straight to playoffs if anything. Arenas are booked for other things, I can't see EVERYTHING gett pushed back or axed.
      There's rumblings that next season might be shortened to accomodate this season being completed.

Comment

• They should alter the season going forward and have it start on Christmas (which is the unofficial start of the basketball season anyway). This was also proposed by the Atlanta Hawks CEO at the Sloan conference:
        https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-help-ratings

So essentially have the season go from December-August instead of October-June. Bonus is that the NBA doesn't have to compete with the NFL or the World Cup (soccer) as the World Cup will be in Nov-Dec now. NBA cities like Toronto that are cold-weathered may attract more NBA stars as there will be more months in warmer climate. Plus frees up arenas that support both hockey and basketball for a couple of months before and after each league to make things easier for booking purposes.

The one downside is that playoff eligible players would not be able to play in the Olympics as the Summer Olympics would run through the NBA finals. Of course they could schedule the Olympics to start a couple of weeks later to avoid that conflict.

That would be a way to resume the regular season and still have a long enough summer off for the off season assuming they get the okay from the NBAPA and the media for example.

Comment

There's rumblings that next season might be shortened to accomodate this season being completed.
          I don't really understand why they would do that though. You need to have time in between season's for guys to rest, and pushing the season deep into the summer messes up a lot of other things (draft, free agency). If the league is accepting that they are going to lose games, it makes more sense for it to just be for this season, end it now, and move on to the following season as normal as possible.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

I don't really understand why they would do that though. You need to have time in between season's for guys to rest, and pushing the season deep into the summer messes up a lot of other things (draft, free agency). If the league is accepting that they are going to lose games, it makes more sense for it to just be for this season, end it now, and move on to the following season as normal as possible.
            They get the rest time by shortening next season. They do this so they don't have an incomplete season and because they play to win and what they did so far this season is otherwise made pointless. Plus they lose all the playoff revenue, bonuses, etc. That's my guess.

Comment

• NBA playoffs account for about 62% of league ad revenue.
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-shutdown/amp/

Comment

Love me some good rumblings.

Comment

• Rumblings out of Team Axels camp indicate he set all of this up because he didn't want to face Joey in the 1st Round of the Playoffs and be embarrassed.

Story developing.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

Love me some good rumblings.
                    I saw it on Twitter while on the toilet. I was taking care of rumblings.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Rumblings out of Team Axels camp indicate he set all of this up because he didn't want to face Joey in the 1st Round of the Playoffs and be embarrassed.

Story developing.
                      So tell us how the draft works if Axel turns out to be a basketball prophet. Looks to me that multiple teams have a claim to that last seat at the kids table.

Comment

I saw it on Twitter while on the toilet. I was taking care of rumblings.
                        Haha a shit joke was my first thought, buy I refrained.

Comment

• I think I get first pick is only fair.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            I think I get first pick is only fair.
                            Last time on Game of Zones...

Comment

Last time on Game of Zones...

hahaha. that's awesome. i don't think we are going to see lavar with melo.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Rumblings out of Team Axels camp indicate he set all of this up because he didn't want to face Joey in the 1st Round of the Playoffs and be embarrassed.

Story developing.
                                Rumblings out of Team Axel's camp indicate that he was getting smacked around by Team DanH and set all this up to avoid that shellacking going in the record books.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X