RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I ultimately picked Luka because he was too damn talented. Those off the charts skills could not be over ruled. It was a draft where I landed the best player thanks to a great trade and lost out on a pretty good player because I fucked up in another trade. I came out with a net gain though.
    yeah, passing on luca would be like trading him away for a really good, but clearly inferior player.

Comment

• With I having the second pick in the draft, Luca wouldn’t have fallen any further.

And I having selected JJJ with the #2 pick, he’s arguably the second best prospect two years after the draft - Ayton and Trey be damned.
      RR OG

Comment

• if we get no summer league, my draft might be ball or bust.

i think the biggest victim of the bug is my scouting department. i pretty much rely on march madness to get a group of prospects to watch, and then summer league to see if they are bums.

there is 12 hours between picks right?

Comment

• It may be a down year for rookies in general next season with the long time lapse between playing real games and the lack of proper transition to the pros. I'm not saying the class is a bust but it might take an extra season or two for some of the diamonds to shine.

Comment

• League is thinking about how to come back.. and one idea is to go right into the playoffs. Wonder what that does for fantasy leagues if they go that route?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              League is thinking about how to come back.. and one idea is to go right into the playoffs. Wonder what that does for fantasy leagues if they go that route?
              Our season is toast. Hard to say what happens. I don't think it would be fair to the lotto teams to not have their draft structure changed because of some freak occurrence but at the same time the playoff teams have had the carpet pulled out from under them and that doesn't seem fair...

Maybe a compromise would be to keep our the current standings to determine the lotto teams and order and in exchange give the playoff teams a little extra cash for the FA auction. That way teams building through the draft get their typical benefits and the teams building to win right now get compensation for moving their chips all in and then having the table flipped on them.

Comment

Our season is toast. Hard to say what happens. I don't think it would be fair to the lotto teams to not have their draft structure changed because of some freak occurrence but at the same time the playoff teams have had the carpet pulled out from under them and that doesn't seem fair...

Maybe a compromise would be to keep our the current standings to determine the lotto teams and order and in exchange give the playoff teams a little extra cash for the FA auction. That way teams building through the draft get their typical benefits and the teams building to win right now get compensation for moving their chips all in and then having the table flipped on them.
                is the nba draft lottery not happening now?

Comment

The move to rank DiVincenzo ahead of Bagley was a bit of a surprise. Joey must feel slighted. lol
                  I traded that bum for the #1 fantasy player in the league. Lol And plus, I think I drafted Bagley with like the 6th or 7th pick, so hard to be mad at that.

I think the hardest part of that trade is knowing that my pick turned into Morant. No way it would have been the same if I had kept it, so again, hard to be mad, but ya .. that stung. Lol
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed May 27, 2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    League is thinking about how to come back.. and one idea is to go right into the playoffs. Wonder what that does for fantasy leagues if they go that route?
                    Ya ... we are in some uncertain times right now. Just have to wait and see what happens and what Yahoo allows for as well.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I traded that bum for the #1 fantasy player in the league. Lol And plus, I think I drafted Bagley with like the 6th or 7th pick, so hard to be mad at that.
                      Forgot you traded him but still, that's a pretty messed up ranking. It would be like ranking PJ Washington ahead Zion because Zion was hurt for much of the shortened season. Let's forget his special skills and abilities, that doesn't count. lol

Comment

Forgot you traded him but still, that's a pretty messed up ranking. It would be like ranking PJ Washington ahead Zion because Zion was hurt for much of the shortened season. Let's forget his special skills and abilities, that doesn't count. lol
                        Ya, but it's hard seeing Bagley being a wholly healthy contributor any time soon. Dude is Mr. Glass.

Comment

• I read a tidbit yesterday which stated a target date for the NBA finals may start October 12th. That may be the goal.

No matter how quick COVID19 goes away, this crisis might lead to a couple wasted years from the league's standpoint. Even if we had firm dates, the goalposts are constantly changing as the situation develops. I'm going to really miss this league... We might want to consider doing some sort of elimination contest once the NBA starts up. Just so we have something to trash talk about.

Comment

• Well, this year’s fantasy season will officially end tmr.

I declare the fantasy team with the best regular season record to date is this chump season’s chump champ! Hooray and congrats to whoever that is!

The NBA draft will follow the NBA finals; the 2020/21 regular season will follow the draft. So have safe summer fella!

N.B. The reigning NFL dynasty champ will be trash-talking and competing in competitive go-kart racing until the end of the NBA season.

SO GET OUT THE WAY AND STAY IN YOUR LANE!

RR OG

Comment

• NBA Mock Draft 5.0: Projecting All 60 Picks
                              https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2020/06/...st-projections

Comment

• In my email just now:
                                Hi,

The NBA has announced its Board of Governors and the National Basketball Players Association approved a competitive format to restart the 2019-20 season with 22 teams planning to return to play. With fairness in mind, as well as a narrowed player pool as a result of the new restart format, we have determined the best outcome for all is to conclude the 2019-20 Yahoo Fantasy Basketball season.

We will apply the current standings as final. Please see the NBA 2019-20 End of Season FAQ for more information, including Pro League and Cash League details.

Thanks for playing Yahoo Fantasy Basketball. We can’t wait for the 2020-21 season! See you then.

-Your friends at Yahoo Fantasy
                                That means as far as Yahoo is concerned Axel is the champ. As far as the league is concerned, looks like we can at least have a conversation about everything now that we have confirmation the season is over.

We even have a draft lotto date: August 25th. What should our offseason timelines look like? What does our offseason look like with the implications of a lost season in the mix?

Comment

Working...
                                X