No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think new owners are happy either way I wouldn't stress too much. Miek's team was kind of in shambles so an expansion draft between his and jbml isn't a bad idea. sometimes turning around a bad team is a good challenge... dunno. who are we needing to replace other than Miek?
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I'm good either way. I made a lot of moves last season, have two lottery picks (who both fell, ugh) and a bunch of open roster spots for free agency. So I'm happy to just trudge along.

The last expansion draft between two teams lead to 007's team who won a chip I believe. .. and Cody's team which I took over and is umm,, let's just say... not as good.

Comment

• Not sure what options are available to commishes in Yahoo but another email alert specifically calling out that they are on the clock (or very soon to be) might help - something with their username in the title, in case the emails are getting lost in a pile and don't seem important to check in the short term.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just trying to catch up on the rules by reading old threads.
          Its my understanding that we do the rookie draft by just announcing our pick here once we are on the clock?

Still figuring out how the salary cap works but i can cross that bridge after the draft
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Just trying to catch up on the rules by reading old threads.
            Its my understanding that we do the rookie draft by just announcing our pick here once we are on the clock?

Still figuring out how the salary cap works but i can cross that bridge after the draft
            Yup.. you just announce on the board when your due. You have 6 hours basically to make the announcement. If you can't make your window, send in your picks to Joey (commish) or Axel (co-commish). Maybe Axel since Joey is in the draft, and Axel isn't but that's up to you.

In short, every team has to have 15 players on their roster. There is a salary cap of 40 years. So your contracts can't get past 40 years. Every year, a team can resign 2 players and 1 designated drafted player extension (or DPE). Any player that does not get resigned is up for grabs at a fantasy draft auction.

At the auction everybody is given $100. We call this FAAB (free agent auction bid). If any money is left over, it can be used during the season as a waiver wire pick up. Some teams may only need 1 player in free agency.. others 4, 5 or 6.

We have to declare years (resignings) a day or two after the draft.

There are a few more rules for things like trades, etc. But this is the gist. There is more details in post #1 of this thread.

Comment

• Additional notes: if you end up with two DPE players free agents at once, you can use one of your regular re-sign slots on one of them, you wouldn't just lose one of them because of the one DPE slot.

FAAB actually starts at $200. A "$200 player" is parlance for a guy you not only risk going all season without FAAB for, but also line up your roster to have only one open slot (to maximize the money you can spend on one player in the auction) for. Big swing. Best not miss.

There are no IR spots, just your 15 guys. You can waive a player, but their years stay on your cap, unless you still have and want to use your one time only amnesty clause. Once you are above the cap, you can still waive guys and add free agents, but they can only be signed to 1 year deals and are not eligible for the re-signings in the offseason (they will hit the free agent auction). You'll notice a bunch of players in the cap sheet thread noted as "CS" - can't sign, those are players that got picked up off waivers by teams over the cap.

There is also a complicated waiver claim system that you have time to worry about later.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Okay thanks guys. So any of my guys labeled CS are just going into free agency no matter what?
                and the rest of my guys who are at 0 years I have to decide if I want to resign or let go into the free agent pool?
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  Okay thanks guys. So any of my guys labeled CS are just going into free agency no matter what?
                  and the rest of my guys who are at 0 years I have to decide if I want to resign or let go into the free agent pool?
                  Yeah, it's fairly straightforward for you, you have Morris and Shamet eligible for re-sign and Poeltl eligible for DPE re-sign. Keep in mind once you re-sign Poeltl he loses his DPE label.

So it's just whether you want to sign them or let them go to FA.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Alright here it is ... let me know what people think. Will send it out over Yahoo.
                    Went with 4 hour windows instead of 3 hours.
                    Pick # Team Name Pick Window Notes / Pick
                    1 jbml Sun. 29th 12am - 12 noon
                    2 skywalker Sun. 29th 12 noon - 4pm
                    3 Coach Sun. 29th 4pm - 8pm
                    4 Joey Sun. 29th 8pm - 12am
                    5 bertarapsfan Mon. 30th 12am - 12 noon
                    6 planetmars Mon. 30th 12 noon - 4pm
                    7 planetmars Mon. 30th 4pm - 8pm
                    8 WJF Mon. 30th 8pm - 12am
                    9 Coach Tues. Dec 1st 12am - 12 noon
                    10 jbml Tues 1st 12 noon - 4pm
                    11 DanH Tues 1st 4pm - 8pm
                    12 bertarapsfan Tues 1st 8pm - 12am
                    13 jbml Wed. 2nd 12am - 12 noon
                    14 skywalker Wed. 2nd 12 noon - 4pm
                    15 tucas Wed. 2nd 4pm - 8pm
                    16 skywalker Wed. 2nd 8pm - 12am
                    Good day gentlemen!

Question time!

Because the window for draft pick#1 is officially over, does that team simply lose the pick?
                    Or is it some kind of default pick?
                    Or are we waiting for a new owner?
                    Or does that mean I just pick now?

Thanks!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      If we're adding two new owners I'd like to do an 'expansion draft' of sorts to try and at balance at least these two out... but then is that fair to PlanetMars who just came in last year and took the stinkiest pile of them all ... Haha
                      That's some fun side entertainment if it goes down like that. Hopefully JBML is doing well and returns though.

Comment

• Well, because my pick window ends in just over 60 minutes, and I don't have time to monitor what's happening in this thread since I will be busy, I'm going on the assumptions that I need to make a pick, or lose it so...

Without further ado...

with the 2nd pick in the 2020 Raptors Republic Dynasty Basketball League rookie draft, Team Skywalker selects LaMelo Ball!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                          Well, because my pick window ends in just over 60 minutes, and I don't have time to monitor what's happening in this thread since I will be busy, I'm going on the assumptions that I need to make a pick, or lose it so...

Without further ado...

with the 2nd pick in the 2020 Raptors Republic Dynasty Basketball League rookie draft, Team Skywalker selects LaMelo Ball!
                          Not sure of this pick is legal, but OK! The Ball is rollin'! No pun intended... maybe.

Comment

• Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well!!
                            Glad to be back to having basketball in our lives.
                            Can I make my pick early? I believe in the past that was fine.
                            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                              Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well!!
                              Glad to be back to having basketball in our lives.
                              Can I make my pick early? I believe in the past that was fine.
                              Also, it seems my #3 pick has been moved up to #2 with the #1 pick not being utilized. Are there any trade offers? I will be checking my messages this afternoon/evening before I make my official pick.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• Ugh ... ya, this if unfortunate. Don't know what to do about jbml. Send him an email as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X